Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 47061 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 22:09:11 »

Yeah, Crewe was poor overall, wouldn't describe the performance as turgid though. Seems a long time ago now.

yh seems almost last season to me as well. a new defence and an early injured keshi. 

was def turgid though- i know stats dont always show it all but... 21 shots to our 3, 36% possession, 68% pass accuracy, 12 corners to our 1, we made 18 fouls with 4 yellows.

its up there with the worst i have seen in many a year. 

but again now top of the league and we are all enjoying it again!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:10:10 »

Wellens confirms Isgrove will be involved Saturday - obviously from the bench.

He’s at Tranmere tonight watching the game against Man U in the Winky Wanky Cup - youngster coming our way in Jan?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:41:29 »

Wellens confirms Isgrove will be involved Saturday - obviously from the bench.

He’s at Tranmere tonight watching the game against Man U in the Winky Wanky Cup - youngster coming our way in Jan?

Or he could be watching his son.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:44:25 »

Or he could be watching his son.
Not sure if he is likely to play for them but its his 17th birthday tomorrow so could well be up there for that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 03:44:21 »

Just for comparison, last season after 19 games Lincoln were only 2 points better off than us and they ran away with it in the end.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 09:18:47 »

Based on nothing at all I fear our run will end up in Cleethorpes.

Defeat. 2-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 09:40:13 »

Just for comparison, last season after 19 games Lincoln were only 2 points better off than us and they ran away with it in the end.

Think all we can do is take each game as it comes, get as many points as poss in Dec and then see what the squad looks like in Jan.. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 10:03:32 »

Think all we can do is take each game as it comes, get as many points as poss in Dec and then see what the squad looks like in Jan.. 
Just got to cling on to reach that magic 53 points and hope we can survive the inevitable relegation battle
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 10:04:40 »

I think that tomorrow’s game will be tricky - let’s hope the week off has refreshed tired legs and minds, and allowed the injured to recover, rather  than slowing or stopping the momentum of a winning run.
I know that previous results at Grimsby have no bearing on tomorrow, but the superstitious part of me worries about our awful record there. However these runs all have to end at some time, why not tomorrow.
I would take a draw tomorrow, and think we will take a point. Probably a low scoring affair -  0-0 or 1-1.
In the context of the whole season that will probably be ok.

Let’s be positive - if in August we had been offered early exits in all 3 cups but our current league position / points and the fact that  our challengers winning their games in hand would still leave us on top, we would all have taken it. The football has been good too. I’m looking forward to the rest of the season with optimism.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 10:23:16 »

I think that tomorrow’s game will be tricky -

Blundell Park always is.  However, if we are ever going to get a good day out there, tomorrow looks a shout.  Even the weather looks OK, little wind and feel like temp of 5 C, which is sub-tropical for Cleethorpes.  What can go wrong?  Blundell Park isn't Whaddon Road we've had 3 wins there in my time, but one of those in Aug, one in Sept and one in April... nothing in winter, in fact 12 defeats since the  (Bert) heady days of 63 and a first elevation to Div 2.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 10:49:11 »

The sort of norvern outpost where even our decent sides have struggled....a point would be massive.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 13:54:04 »

TBH with out shit run of results up there I would be happy with a draw but there is no better time to play them than now, no perm manager and on a shit run.

Panda Paws

« Reply #42 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 14:20:04 »

Recent data (i.e. results this season against bottom half sides) suggest we win this.

Being a Swindon fan means we all expect we won't.

2-1 win - Doyle and Doughty (p). 480 away fans.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #43 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 14:26:27 »

2-1 win - Doyle and Doughty (p). 480 away fans.
If this is the case I would like to think Doughty hands over the penalty duties to Doyle after Doughtys poor penalty last time out.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 14:40:19 »

Recent data (i.e. results this season against bottom half sides) suggest we win this.
10 wins out of 10 games so far
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: