Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 47009 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 15:07:56 »

They deserve a stuffing from us as we've outplayed them the last few times but they've come away with I'll deserved points. Heart says 0-4, head says a turgid 1-1.

Would take point.
I don't think we've really done turgid this season as yet.
Hopefully the mid season break won't have had a negative impact on momentum.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 15:12:14 »

Would take point.

There's no particular pattern to resullts after our mid season break..... some good, some indifferent.  For me though there's no escaping that Blundell Park is always difficult.... the weather may well decide. No doubt it'll be cold, but could do without wet and windy.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 15:26:53 »

Gonna be mild and sunny in Grimsby on Saturday. 9°C  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 15:29:53 »

The Grim are not on a good run at the moment, 6 games since their last win LLLDLD and only 2 wins in the last 11 league games which brought about the sacking of Jolley on 15th November after an expletive laden interview with the local radio station which tipped the board over the edge combined with the run of poor results.

David Burns, Matt Dean, Gwilym (Lloyd) – you haven’t the fucking balls to ask a straight question.

You’re a fucking disgrace as a collective. Outrageous. The fucking negativity around this football club. It’s a fucking disgrace. An absolute disgrace.

Matt Dean: Why are you raising this now?

Michael Jolley: I have been waiting for an opportune moment when I’ve had you in the room.

You lot are a fucking disgrace. You’re antagonistic, confrontational – fucking Jeremy Paxman. You fucking are an absolute fucking disgrace of a journalist.

Do your fucking research. Fucking ask a straight question…you try your best? You are antagonistic, fucking patronising, arrogant you are a fucking disgrace of a journalist.

The fucking radio station gives us no fucking positive coverage whatsoever.

Fucking you and fucking Gwilym criticising playing man-for-man at Chelsea.

I go on the fucking Monday night show with Rob (Statton) because he is a fucking professional journalist and a fucking straight shooter and you don’t fucking ask me a question. And then I go off you say ‘yeah it was the wrong decision to play man for man’ – fucking ask me then.

Ask the fucking manager. You’ve got no bouckcks. You’ve got no fucking bouckcks.

You’re snide, behind people’s fucking backs. Every fucking manager of this football club has had a problem with you. Every manager. Has had a fucking problem. Every single manager has had a problem with you.

I’ve fucking spoke to them all. Trust me. About you. As an individual.

And fucking Burns is an absolute fucking disgrace as well. A fucking disgrace.

Ask me some fucking decent questions. Your fucking confrontational. Jeremy fucking Paxman.

I’ve said to you, ask me any question you want. You’re fucking shit at it, you should do your fucking research.

You put a negative spin on everything. You’ve never ever given us any fucking credit.

How did Chesterfield get on today? How did Barnet get on today? That’s who we could be competing with. You could be going to fucking Braintree. And fucking Borehamwood, you people. Have you fucking spoken about that?

After a short, partially-audible exchange with John Tondeur, Jolley continues: Have you seen our fucking budget. Have you seen our budget. Do you know where we fucking should be? Do you know where we fucking should be?

Have you said that on the radio? Or have you just said ‘you’re not doing very well’. All the fucking negative things you ask all the time. Your style is so antagonistic.

Come on Matt. You know yourself, you try to catch people out. You might get a bit more respect if you tried to build a relationship. Rob’s coverage is reasonable and balanced. Your coverage isn’t balanced.

You must be fucking buzzing – ‘4-0 Grimsby lose at home, fucking brilliant, this is exactly what we fucking want’. You must be fucking delighted. It’s actually fucking true.

He sounds a bag of fucking laughs!

Their home form started brightly but went downhill with 1 win in the last 6 home league games scoring just 9 and conceding 12 goals at home they have won just twice and have drawn 3 and lost 3 times.

They sit in 18th place in the table.

Grims are currently without a permanent manager having former youth manager/assistant Anthony Limbrick in charge, they have yet to win a game under his tenure after 6 games in charge.

Grims are without important winger Jordan Cook for a while and probably without the injured defender and vice capt Luke Hendrie and young winger Max Wright for our game. Large lump striker James Hanson was taken off in the last game after suffering injury but could be available.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 15:31:47 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 15:43:30 »

Not so jolly Jolley.
Almost like he was looking to get the sack.

Then again for anyone who has visited Cleethorpes.
It really is the end of the (railway) line.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 16:05:39 »

For fucks sake,  it's only Tuesday !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 16:35:28 »

IIRC last year the weather was shocking, played just over a week before Christmas wet and very windy (it usually is up there!).

We had a lot of the game and had a very disputed penalty given against us in the first half when Nelson chested the ball just outside of the box but the ref said he handled it inside the box, even then Vigs got a hand to it but couldnt stop it going in.

Vigs saved a shot but pushed it straight back at the striker to give them the win. Bayo, Woolery, Doughty and Dunne all had great chances to get a draw or win for us. We had 14 shots and 9 on target last year.

This season Grimsby fans have accused their team of taking too many touches in midfield with little end product, early season they relied on James Hanson's bulk up front alongside the "all elbows" lump Matt Green and the pacey Ahkeem Rose in a 3 pronged attack.

They normally play 4-3-3 with a flat back 4

A fairly defensive minded midfield 3 with holding midfielder Harry Clifton sat behind a middle 2 normally of Jake Hessenthaler and Elliott Whitehouse/Ethan Robson.

Up front they normally play Green as a wide right target man, Hanson down the middle and Cook/Rose was wide left attacker.

Under the caretaker they play a lot less defensively than under Jolley and like to pass the ball around, so they could try to "out football and out pass us" which could end up realy badly for them as it did for Orient.

Midfield is a weak spot for them according to their fans and have poor quality in there but are improving under the stand in boss.

From their forum...

3 games with no goals is a poor start, he has had some tough games I agree but he needs to find something in the next 2 games to be considered. Swindon are beatable and a draw at Carlisle for him to be an option.2 draws at least. I think he has a chance but this is about results and no excuses it is time to deliver or we have to find some fresh ideas. Cheltenham were well on top for a lot of the second half against us and so even that was nothing special. After a couple of weeks to coach I expect a good performance on Saturday and a goal or 2

Swindon next .  Top of the table.  We can beat Exeter, we can do it again.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 16:38:18 »

For fucks sake,  it's only Tuesday !!.

But, but maniac, you mean to say that you're not jumping up and down, bare chested in your living room, chanting and swinging a Town scarf above your head in readiness for the big game?

What is the world coming to.  Sad

Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 16:50:32 »

But, but maniac, you mean to say that you're not jumping up and down, bare chested in your living room, chanting and swinging a Town scarf above your head in readiness for the big game?

What is the world coming to.  Sad
If hes topless beating his chest surely that would be more like redness than readiness!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 17:12:16 »

I looked at traipsing over to watch the game, with the train connections I would probably have had to make a couple of days of it...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 17:18:14 »

I looked at traipsing over to watch the game, with the train connections I would probably have had to make a couple of days of it...
The 9am from Ulverston(is that your local?) to Cleethorpes you can leave at 8am and get there for 1pm with 1 change at Piccadilly and then the 17:26 from Cleethorpes gets you back for just after midnight! with a couple of changes.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 18:13:26 »

What is the world coming to.  Sad
Sorry, can't get that enthusiastic with the thought of a visit to GRIMsby. But, like your response !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 19:30:26 »

Would take point.

Guessing you didnt see us against Crewe. Absolutely turgid.

Its a welcome break for me as its another period of recovering for our big players that our injured.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 20:33:29 »

The 9am from Ulverston(is that your local?) to Cleethorpes you can leave at 8am and get there for 1pm with 1 change at Piccadilly and then the 17:26 from Cleethorpes gets you back for just after midnight! with a couple of changes.

Plenty of beer opportunities  Smiley
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 21:14:08 »

Guessing you didnt see us against Crewe. Absolutely turgid.

Its a welcome break for me as its another period of recovering for our big players that our injured.

Yeah, Crewe was poor overall, wouldn't describe the performance as turgid though. Seems a long time ago now.

Crap!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: