Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 40 years ago tonight  (Read 6648 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 21:48:43 »

Not a lot more to tell... did you ever go in the ampi?  It was a small side venue and on a Tuesday you'd get up and coming sort of bands who weren't signed to labels etc. So you'd wander in and out, maybe watch a bit, stay if it floated your boat.

Wasn't particularly full, but there were obviously some who were there cos they knew the band. I do remember some lad who had his head in the speaker, probably got bad tinnitus now.

In 79 I was more of a synth type... Human League, Joy Division + reggae and post punk Clash.... never averse to a bit of Motown or anything dancable like Chic

Not familiar with the venue but I was a little kiddie in 79. I recall Maiden played Golddiggers in 82 and I was somewhat disappointed to be informed that there was a minimum age restriction.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 22:00:21 »

I was 9, I remember the diggers gigs in the 80s. I was too young too  Sad
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 22:15:29 »

I remember that game - we were near the back on the open end (Clock End ?)
When we conceded early I thought we could be heavily beaten. My recollection is we held on with a mix of good luck, some good goalkeeping and then Billy Tucker headed in from a corner in th a last 5 minutes.
Brilliant night!

Maybe my memory has rose-tinted glasses. I was at Highbury too, I seem to remember Arsenal not threatening our goal so much after the early penalty.

"We all went, we all saw, Billy Tucker force a draw, la la la la, la la la, la la... repeat :-)

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 09:02:47 »

I was 9, I remember the diggers gigs in the 80s. I was too young too  Sad

I regret being a bit too young for The Beatles and Rolling Stones at McIlroys 62 and 63 respectivley....
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 12:35:30 »

In 79 I was more of a synth type... Human League, Joy Division + reggae and post punk Clash.... never averse to a bit of Motown or anything dancable like Chic

I love Joy Division but have never been able to track down the most prized paraphernalia for the Macclesefield miserablists!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 14:34:51 »

I love Joy Division but have never been able to track down the most prized paraphernalia for the Macclesefield miserablists!

Smiley

I've got a Joy Division badge
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 17:46:49 »

eh?Huh? (OK Curtis died there, but they cant claim him./JD)

Anywho,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Joy-Division-Oven-Gloves-Brand-New-Double-Belt/323539728460?hash=item4b5478784c:g:v6UAAOSwLXNbskyp
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 17:48:20 by Batch » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 17:54:29 »

I was four years old, you old bastards.
Same here I was at the clock end amongst 8000 Town fans and after the game we counted over 100 Town coaches alongside the railway line which is now the emirates.
The home game was just magical and I spent extra time up the floodlight in the Town end hotdog stand and can remember gooners trying to get in the Townend at the end of the game

So, give no fucks
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 21:47:36 »

Salfordian Sadsters? Mancunian Moaners?
Anywho. The oven gloves are straight on the Christmas list!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: