Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Pivitol Fixtures.  (Read 13506 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 13:59:02 »

Still meaningless.

One thing we do know is that usually it proves more difficult to get points as the the 2nd half of the season unfolds, and particularly so as the last 10 or so games appear.

In that sense, a re-boot in Jan when I think inevitably Doyle goes back and perhaps Yates, could mean essentially starting over again, which may prove helpful.
Well yes of course... can't possibly be any other conclusion to that scenario can there?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 14:00:37 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 13:59:43 »

Still meaningless.

One thing we do know is that usually it proves more difficult to get points as the the 2nd half of the season unfolds, and particularly so as the last 10 or so games appear.

In that sense, a re-boot in Jan when I think inevitably Doyle goes back and perhaps Yates, could mean essentially starting over again, which may prove helpful.

There's nothing inevitable about this at all.  We might buy him.  Or Bradford may extend the loan.  Plenty of variables at play that could lead to either of these outcomes.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 14:07:50 »

There’s absolutely no way they will extend the loan. They’ll either recall him or expect us to buy him - £100,000.

If they recall him it’ll cost their owner an approx £130,000 cash injection to cover the cost plus losing out on whatever fee they can get.

If Doyle makes it clear he doesn’t want to return - although he can’t outright refuse - would they be willing to fork out that much just to attempt to derail us? Doubtful.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 14:26:14 »

There's nothing inevitable about this at all.  We might buy him.  Or Bradford may extend the loan.  Plenty of variables at play that could lead to either of these outcomes.

When I look at the variables, I keep returning to the same conclusion, fair enough if you see something else.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 14:51:58 »

Because there are so many variables (as well as unknowns)...there is no way anyone can say there is an 'inevitable' conclusion...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 14:55:43 »

Well, tbf, there are only 2 variables. He stays. He goes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 15:15:18 »

I think some on here are factoring in  Alien abduction,

Taking holy orders   Pope

Short term incarceration at HMP Busted

or  Storm strike

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 15:18:24 »

Those aren't variables.  They're outcomes.

Variables are (for example):

• Bradford City's finances (or rather those of their owner);
  • whether they think that they could get Doyle playing effectively in their team again;
  • whether Bradford think that Doyle would want to come back;
  • how much Doyle might be worth in the summer if his performances drop after being recalled;
  • whether, in Bradford's view, STFC would make a better shop window for their player during the remainder of the season;
  • how much his wages are, how much of those are covered by STFC, and whether a recall would then push Bradford's finances over any FFP threshold
  • Bradford's form over the Christmas period;
  • how likely it might be that allowing Doyle to stay with us would mean Bradford themselves miss out on either an auto promotion or a play off spot; and
  • all sorts of other stuff that none of us can have any idea about because we're not involved in any way with the discussions that will be going on, both in Swindon and in Bradford.

Nothing inevitable about any of this.  We'll have to wait & see.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 16:02:46 »

The answer to 2 of those variables is £0. He’s OOC in June so a free agent. He’s only worth anything in January if we, and only we, want to buy him.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 16:10:20 »

Extend the loan? he's on loan for the season
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 16:13:54 »

The answer to 2 of those variables is £0. He’s OOC in June so a free agent. He’s only worth anything in January if we, and only we, want to buy him.
Which I'm sure we want to do,  have heard figures banded about between 70 and 100k,  think that is an absolute bargain at that price if it is true. Promotion alone would more than cover that cost.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 16:39:43 »

Which I'm sure we want to do,  have heard figures banded about between 70 and 100k,  think that is an absolute bargain at that price if it is true. Promotion alone would more than cover that cost.

Out of interest why do you think that Power will stump up a fee and therefore a lengthy contract at high wages, for a player 32 before season's end ?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 16:44:18 »

Out of interest why do you think that Power will stump up a fee and therefore a lengthy contract at high wages, for a player 32 before season's end ?
Because Power can see hes the striker we have been badly lacking for many years and he knows that for a modest £50k to £100k he could bag the man that has made the difference in our side, winning games with his goals.

Well worth the investment, Power is no mug and he can see the impact Doyle has made on the team since he arrived.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 16:48:31 »

He’d be fine in L1 as well. So that’s next season sorted!

Tbh, if he was to fork out money it’d make sense to spend it on Yates. He’ll have a value in a couple of years time.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 17:02:27 »

Because,  as I've already said,   his goals could well make the difference between us going up or staying down.
As a proven goalscorer he could comfortably take us up again next season,   all possibilities I know but the rewards would be several fold the measly sum being spoken of.  Power is no fool when it comes to money,  Doyle could well prove to be the best buy since Charlie Austen.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: