Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 55867 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 21:46:48 »

No goals in league 2 tonight so that’s us top properly now.

As good as could be expected  Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 21:48:18 »

Noice.

Bradford could still catch up on games on hand, but they'd have to win both of their games to do so.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 08:43:12 »

Yid

‘An Eastern European Jew. The term is often interpreted as offensive, which is a major misconception. The word Yiddish is not offensive, so neither is Yid. The word Yid is used to differentiate between an Eastern European, Yiddish-speaking Jew and an Israeli, Hebrew-speaking Jew.’

Really? So I can assume the term 'Paki' is acceptable too, as it's a contraction of Pakistani?

It's All Good..............
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 09:10:37 »

Noice.

Bradford could still catch up on games on hand, but they'd have to win both of their games to do so.
They'd also need to win at least one of those games by a two goal margin as things stand, given how superior our GF is.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 09:12:32 »

As good as could be expected  Smiley

You somehow manage to make even good news sound upsetting.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 09:31:35 »

Really? So I can assume the term 'Paki' is acceptable too, as it's a contraction of Pakistani?

A lady at work this week used the term 'chinky' to describe a recent meal, which I thought was out of order, but she seemed to think it was acceptable.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 09:55:47 »

Can we have this offended thread for all this shit to go into?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 10:20:37 »

A lady at work this week used the term 'chinky' to describe a recent meal, which I thought was out of order, but she seemed to think it was acceptable.

Was the norm when I was younger, times have changed.
Allegedly
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 10:29:09 »

People find offence in everything
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 10:49:59 »

People find offence in everything

I do think if you feel something is offensive then it needs to be called out, even if it is quite moderate in tone. People often aren't aware of it. I can think of a couple of examples recently whereby I've found it necessary to call out individuals fo lazy use of language, and they've been quite surprised.

Now that the more obvious signs of otherness have in some cases been defended by the law, people will pick up on other differences.... for many men, it's women, and as we know this is now a toxic environment, or it could be simple things like red hair, baldness, or physical shapes beyond the mesomorph.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 15:18:11 »

No goals in league 2 tonight so that’s us top properly now.
With a thread about racist terms taking over from the actual thread....

I was shocked to see that FGR sat in 2nd place in the table 1 point behind us who were playing at home to Crewe the 3rd place side in the table only had a paltry attendance of 2,192.

Thats a measly 1,976 home fans and an equally poor away following for Crewe of just 216 last night.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 15:29:24 »

With a thread about racist terms taking over from the actual thread....

I was shocked to see that FGR sat in 2nd place in the table 1 point behind us who were playing at home to Crewe the 3rd place side in the table only had a paltry attendance of 2,192.

Thats a measly 1,976 home fans and an equally poor away following for Crewe of just 216 last night.

Not exactly a surprise is it that FGR get small crowds for a midwek in late Nov.  You don't play crowds, Accy won Div 4 recently with crowds often not many more than the 1110 they got when playing Wycombe, who also got auto.

Wycombe themselves are well clear in Div 3, yet get small crowds.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 15:36:07 »

Not exactly a surprise is it that FGR get small crowds for a midwek in late Nov.  You don't play crowds, Accy won Div 4 recently with crowds often not many more than the 1110 they got when playing Wycombe, who also got auto.

Wycombe themselves are well clear in Div 3, yet get small crowds.
Yes but a top of the table clash in front of one of their lowest crowds of the season at home.

Maybe not shocking then but if I were an FGR fans, which fortunately I am not, I would be very disappointed with that attendance.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 15:45:20 »

Yes but a top of the table clash in front of one of their lowest crowds of the season at home.

Maybe not shocking then but if I were an FGR fans, which fortunately I am not, I would be very disappointed with that attendance.

Think it's pretty much in line with what they'd expect for a mid week game.... few weeks back v Stevenage they had fewer than 2000, and that was a Saturday. We had 5,500 for Stevenage 5 games ago.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 15:55:31 »

Talking of attendances, I see the home attendance vs Cheltenham has still not been announced over a week since it took place.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: