Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 55266 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 10:06:11 »

Back to the league  Smiley
I reckon this will be a tough game, Mansfield seem pretty good on the road.

I'll go for 1-1 att: 6,581 (198 away)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 10:09:39 »

I predict same line up as at Salford except for the fullbacks with Donohue obviously coming in. Also wouldn't be surprised if Caddis comes in for Hunt as he could possibly do with a rest and hasn't been at his best for a few weeks now.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 10:29:03 »

Thought they’d come good this season after ditching Flitcroft - poor internal appointment has scuppered that.

Still got good individual players so always capable of throwing in a good performance. Getting slated by their fans but unbeaten in their last 6 away games - W3, D3.

Never confident playing at home so I’d be happy with another lacklustre, win by the odd goal game.

7332, 298 Stags
Panda Paws

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 10:32:19 »

I predict same line up as at Salford except for the fullbacks with Donohue obviously coming in. Also wouldn't be surprised if Caddis comes in for Hunt as he could possibly do with a rest and hasn't been at his best for a few weeks now.

I get the Caddis love and it's nice to have him back but no way does Hunt get dropped right now. He was class at Salford and has been our most consistent player this year.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 10:39:34 »

Tbh, I’ve wondered just where Caddis will play.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 11:02:12 »

Back to the league  Smiley
I reckon this will be a tough game, Mansfield seem pretty good on the road.

I'll go for 1-1 att: 6,581 (198 away)

There's seems to be a few more of these sides about nowadays who are better on the road than at home.... it's annoying.

We usually do OK v Stags, but typically it's forecast for heavy rain on Sat, starting at 3:00 after merely piddly rain, earlier.

Thankfully not too windy, so if they do come and park the bus conditions may help them.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 11:04:46 »

I get the Caddis love and it's nice to have him back but no way does Hunt get dropped right now. He was class at Salford and has been our most consistent player this year.
He’s also played pretty much every game and it’s a long season. A bit of a rest before the busy Christmas period would help long term in my opinion.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 11:07:48 »

Thought they’d come good this season after ditching Flitcroft - poor internal appointment has scuppered that.

Still got good individual players so always capable of throwing in a good performance. Getting slated by their fans but unbeaten in their last 6 away games - W3, D3.

Never confident playing at home so I’d be happy with another lacklustre, win by the odd goal game.

7332, 298 Stags

It should be noted that Flitcroft got the Stags to their highest position for 17 years, and would have got auto but for Bury's misdemeanours.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 11:14:17 »

He’s also played pretty much every game and it’s a long season. A bit of a rest before the busy Christmas period would help long term in my opinion.

The players get their mid season, annual Christmas shopping break after Mansfield. Anybody sitting out, will be more rusty than rested by the next game.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 11:20:26 »

Win. 3-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 11:29:36 »

If he needed to be rested (some players do, some don't), midweek against Cheltenham would have the time to do it. Wellens doesn't strike me as a manager who likes resting and rotation, but rather one to play his strongest team at every turn and then deal with injuries/fatigue with a deep squad and good short-term acquisitions.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 11:40:08 »

If he needed to be rested (some players do, some don't), midweek against Cheltenham would have the time to do it. Wellens doesn't strike me as a manager who likes resting and rotation, but rather one to play his strongest team at every turn and then deal with injuries/fatigue with a deep squad and good short-term acquisitions.
We didn’t have any option but to play him against Cheltenham though did we and Wellens said he wanted to play the best team he could as he regretted the weak selection against Woking last season. Caddis will be used otherwise it would be a pointless signing so I do think Hunt will get a rest at some point.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 12:34:48 »

Caddis wasn't available as he signed after the original game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 13:33:47 »

Swindon 0-0 Mansfield in front of 6,725 with 211 Staglettes there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 14:12:46 »

I don't think we'll keep a clean sheet, so I'm going 2-1 in front of 7,002 with 295 of them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: