Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 55269 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #45 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 12:19:07 »

Is Donohue back as I've not read anything to suggest he is?

Not announced yet. I reckon 1:55pm tomorrow.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 12:21:25 »

Have to wait five minutes after then to see if he's on the team sheet!

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #47 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 12:51:39 »

From the Mansfield forum, they seem very upset with their manager Dempsey and most seem to suggest we will win, some by a large score but several have (probably) over inflated opinions and thek they will outclass us and win the game, a lot are going for draws.

Apart from Colchester I’m yet to see a good side in L2 this season, I think Swindon look the part and score goals for fun.
If we turn up like we did at Macclesfield it could be a long afternoon.

Any chance we could poach the Swindon manager again?

I want us to sneak something but I can see this being very one sided. Hope I’m wrong.

This weekend is going to be painful Stags 0-4 Swindon

we've lost 1 game by more than 1 goal this season. The most likely result is a narrow defeat or a draw, certainly not a heavy defeat.

Depends on the team. If it’s the same as Macclesfield then it will be 90 minutes of being on the back foot as we don’t have players that can keep the ball. 3-0 Swindon if he carries on in the same vain.

5-0 We will probably line-up very defensively which will invite Swindon to attack attack attack

Seige mentallity prevails 1 0 to the stags

We only lose by one goal, mostly, because we are so defensive we have the bodies to be "odds on" not conceding. The opponents have more chances to attack us and laws of averages say they are bound to score once.

We barely attack (I'm not saying we don't at all) and so when we do venture forwards we have to be on our game because the attacks are fairly rare. Like I've said before, I can stomach a loss if their keeper is a strong contender for man of the match. This season we've drew or lost and logan is a contender for man of the match. There were a few games last season and a few the season before where we've won and come away thinking it could have been more if it wasn't for the opposition keeper, who hated playing against us because we kept them busy. This season opposition keepers hate facing us for a different reason, because they will freeze through lack of having anything to do.

We haven't been good enough this season, not by a long chalk. But the suggestion that we're likely to get spanked seems way off the mark to me.

The only teams we’ve beaten are currently in the bottom seven.

1-0 Swindon. Our defensive setup will keep us in the game, however Swindon should at least score once considering how clinical they’ve been this season. I can’t see us causing them many problems.

I just cannot see us turning Swindon over at this moment in time. Who knows it may be also the end of Dempster’s reign.

The Stags will go to Swindon with a defensive line up and sneak a 1-0 win to edge us up to 13th.

I really hope JD gets them to play the way we all know they can and show Swindon up.

Swindon lost 0-1 to Cheltenham last night and missed a penalty. They can be beaten.

Did thry put first 11 out ??
yes, apart from Eoin Doyle who was cup-tied. And Dion Donohue has left the club after his one-month contract wasn’t renewed.

Maybe he's being sent down. Hopefully. But he probably won't be. What has happened with that case?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 13:38:55 »

Donohue should be in the squad tomorrow --- according to Wellens.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 13:41:22 »

Donohue should be in the squad tomorrow --- according to Wellens.
Until the end of the season. Good news.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 13:57:01 »

And Isgrove will be ready for the next game - Grimsby and Anderson for the one after that - Oldham.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 17:34:44 »

1-0, Donohue to notch a 'cross come shot, no one knows what it was but it went in the goal anyhow' sort of thing.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 12:19:44 »

Got tickets and programme. Looking forward to this after last weeks jaunt to Lowry country. 4-1 6894 302 Stags.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 12:46:04 »

Very quiet on here this morning. 1-0 to the Town. Doyle scoring to keep us top of the league
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 12:55:38 »

5-0
Peter Venkman

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 13:30:23 »

Very quiet on here this morning. 1-0 to the Town. Doyle scoring to keep us top of the league
I would be more than happy with this result.

Flashheart

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 13:44:57 »

Would be nice to see us start opening a gap, especially over those with games in hand over us.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 13:51:55 »

One in the hand is worth 2 in Kate Bush.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 13:52:58 »

Peter Venkman

« Reply #59 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 13:53:46 »

Caddis in fro Iandolo the only change from last weeks league game.

No Donohue.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: