Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 55994 times)
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 10:42:26 »

Against opposition who are strong/hard to beat away from home, this looks like one of those days where a hard fought 1-0 win is a good result. I would settle for that now and am optimistic we can get a narrow win.
As I have said before, it is the number of points and wins we grind out in tough games which ultimately will determine whether we are in the top 3 after 46 games, as opposed to those days when we sweep the opposition aside (although the latter are more enjoyable for obvious reasons). 3 points will set us up nicely for a Saturday off next week  to help any players nursing knocks to recover.
Other than RW’s statement after the game on Tuesday, unless I have missed it the club still haven’t officially confirmed that Donohue’s contract is sorted. I had assumed Reid’s loan means it probably has, although you could argue signing Caddis covers that position. Does anyone have any news on that - as presumably there is a deadline for confirmation today if he is to be available to play tomorrow?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 10:48:41 »

Consecutive league wins was.
10 league games under PdC in 11-12.
6 league games under Wise in 06-07.
5 league games under Macari in 85-85.
5 league games under Smith in 78-79.

Glad you changed the PdC one, thought you were going to argue that because we lost a cup game in there it was a 6 and a 4  Smiley

It does show how difficult it is to string together a lengthy run of wins
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 10:57:46 »

Other than RW’s statement after the game on Tuesday, unless I have missed it the club still haven’t officially confirmed that Donohue’s contract is sorted. I had assumed Reid’s loan means it probably has, although you could argue signing Caddis covers that position. Does anyone have any news on that - as presumably there is a deadline for confirmation today if he is to be available to play tomorrow?

I don't understand the Reid move, back in the summer when I suggested his inexperience wasn't the sort of thing needed for an auto seeking squad, I was told I was talking crap or trolling, and he would do just fine. Similarly, I don't understand Donohue.... it seems accepted by similar voices on here that he's signed, but I can see no actual evidence of it.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:00:47 »

I don't understand the Reid move, back in the summer when I suggested his inexperience wasn't the sort of thing needed for an auto seeking squad, I was told I was talking crap or trolling, and he would do just fine. Similarly, I don't understand Donohue.... it seems accepted by similar voices on here that he's signed, but I can see no actual evidence of it.

Reg, the only thing to understand here is that you're trying to get validation for your points of view, which are well-known. The facts as we know them are that Reid is going on loan to Wrexham, and the extension to Donohue's contract has not been announced.

There. HTH.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:17:27 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:05:03 »

Glad you changed the PdC one, thought you were going to argue that because we lost a cup game in there it was a 6 and a 4  Smiley

It does show how difficult it is to string together a lengthy run of wins
Yeah for some reason it never came up 1st check on the Swindond site until you go into the season, I thought it odd.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:19:04 »

They're unbeaten in 6 away from home and are super defensive by all accounts. Another one of the those home games that we think we're not very good at.

1-1.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:23:19 »

I  hope the Adver is accurate when it says today that Donohue has signed until the end of the season. Very good news.

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:40:01 »

They're unbeaten in 6 away from home and are super defensive by all accounts. Another one of the those home games that we think we're not very good at.

1-1.
Apparently they have most low scoring games over the last 2 seasons in the league.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:45:16 »

Mixed expectations on their forum. Some think they can nick it, others settling for a draw and a few expecting a good hiding.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:48:45 »

In a way i prefer to play a home game vs a team with good away form. Knowing the inconsistencies of teams in this league it surely means they're due a loss Smiley

Same with us really. Had we won in the week I'd be thinking, 'we're surely due a loss!' Now we've had one, hopefully we can continue our league run. (The ridiculous logic of the league 2 football fan haha)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:57:22 »

Since December 2017 (nearly 90 league games) they have only won 7 games by more than 1 goal.

In that run they have only lost 2 league games by more than a single goal, 1 last season a 2-0 at Crawley and one earlier in the season vs Cambridge, a 4-0 home defeat.

They will be difficult to break down and are very defensive but nothing we haven't come accross so far in other sides.

Panda Paws

« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 12:02:19 »

Under 2.5 goals seems like an absolute banker!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 12:03:30 »

My only concern is we run out of steam as we aren’t great at 2 games in a week. Hopefully though with Grant, Doyle, Donohue(?) and maybe even Caddis coming in that will give us enough fresh legs.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 12:05:43 »

Is Donohue back as I've not read anything to suggest he is?

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 12:12:54 »

Looking forward to tomorrow, pub crawl then footy. My carb free is going out the window  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: