Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 118182 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #405 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:27:47 »

4 games 7 points

(league that is)

If we achieved that form all season so far, we'd currently be in 3rd. Albeit with other teams around us having games in hand.

I know it's a small sample size to work with, but still, the available data clearly suggests we don't 'need' Doyle. (Although it would still be marvellous to have him back).
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 15:32:50 »

The Bradford fans are quite amusing with their ‘swindon couldn’t afford him’ rhetoric making out themselves to be far superior financially. If you factor in season ticket prices then their income despite crowd size is probably fairly similar in comparison to ours.
I’m sure we could afford Doyle but it’s the balance between spending the money and the fact we are unlikely to get any financial return due to his age.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 15:34:59 »

Buy Yates instead.

I’d be disappointed if we spent big (in STFC terms) money on Doyle. £75k tops for me.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 19:26:28 »

I looked at the Bradford side of things today. It was depressing.

How on earth some of you have been reading through that on a daily basis is beyond me.

Also, I'm not a hugely tribal football fan but if Bradford fail to go up and/or Swindon get promoted (AGAINST ALL THE ODDS) then I might just give it the absolute big guns.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 20:10:41 »

One for later  Smiley

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 18:13:10 »

Buy Yates instead.

I’d be disappointed if we spent big (in STFC terms) money on Doyle. £75k tops for me.

Agree there, there is no way we should be paying 6 figures with him being out of contract end of season and having no real resale value, it should be on a proviso if we go up then we will pay Bradford around £50,000, if we capitulate then they get nothing.

We almost be paying for him to shoot us to promotion with his goals.

Would they risk selling to a promotion rival though...

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 18:36:43 »

Surely Col U and FGR are their promotion rivals?

Hides behind sofa..
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 18:44:12 »

Surely Col U and FGR are their promotion rivals?

Hides behind sofa..

I agree, Cheltenham 3rd on 44 point down to Col U 9th on 41 points and all in between. Look at their fixtures and they have to play 7 games with those teams in that mix plus some just outside that mix. TBF that’s the same for most others I expect but they’ve not set the world on fire and there is a lot of action to unfold between now and the EOS.
Flashheart

« Reply #413 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 15:43:20 »

Quite a bad miss yesterday from the ginger one. Should have at least hit the target but skied it instead.

And he still hasn't been interviewed by the Bradford press.
And his twitter profile still says he's  Swindon player.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 15:50:04 »

He did set up Vaughan’s goal, who is now suspended for 2 games - leaving Doyle as a lone striker.

With those long punts up to him I can’t see him breaking his duck any time soon - unless they get a pen.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 15:53:48 »

He did set up Vaughan’s goal, who is now suspended for 2 games - leaving Doyle as a lone striker.

With those long punts up to him I can’t see him breaking his duck any time soon - unless they get a pen.
Away to Colchester Tuesday night,  then away to Mansfield Saturday,  could be a make or break week for Doyle.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 15:58:25 »

Even though, on paper, they are doing OK, there is a clamour to bin off Bowyer. Last thing we need is a new manager there who knows what he’s doing!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 18:03:36 »

I haven't seen it myself but I hear he wasn't what you'd call enthusiastic in his celebration when they took the lead, certainly not how he celebrated when we scored, whether he was involved or not.

I still think he'll be back.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 18:05:07 »

Yeah he used to really celebrate when we scored. Doesn't really mean anything though, everyone already knows he didn't want to go back yet here we are....
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 18:18:38 »

Nah I know but if there's a place to read into it a little, it's this thread even if only as a bit of fun. Like I've said on twitter, I'll think we'll cope without him, not that we'll have to. Keeping that #28 free

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: