Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 118173 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #390 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 08:45:01 »

Well we shall see how we cope for the next monrh, a win on Saturday will silence a lot of the noise.
Flashheart

« Reply #391 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 08:49:41 »

It's baffling to call any team a one-man team when they also have the 2nd highest scorer in the league. And he (Yates) has not even been used as a striker most of the time.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 08:50:15 »

I think we would probably have lost even with Doyle on Saturday tbh, given the current crop of absentees but no doubt if we do it will be attributed to his absence. Unless he signs in the next 36 hours
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 09:53:48 »

It's baffling to call any team a one-man team when they also have the 2nd highest scorer in the league. And he (Yates) has not even been used as a striker most of the time.

That's my hope, Yates steps up to the big boy role, we've then got space for another loan, shore up the defence, let Grant go back to running other teams around in midfield, Robert's your mother's brother.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 12:35:09 »

Richie De Laet won a prem medal with Leicester and a championship medal with Middlesbrough in the same season

Fair enough. Wonder if it matters if say you start a season with your parent club and go on to sign for another? Whereas say Doyle, goes out on loan (that club get promoted) and goes back to parent club, gets promoted. Or does the order not matter?

Anyway, pretty much rebuffs my thought. Thanks.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:01:05 »

That's my hope, Yates steps up to the big boy role, we've then got space for another loan, shore up the defence, let Grant go back to running other teams around in midfield, Robert's your mother's brother.

Yates scored in both the games Doyle wasn't with us at the start of the season.
Flashheart

« Reply #396 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:03:46 »

Anybody fancy looking up our points to games ratio in games without Doyle this season?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:04:18 »

4 games 7 points

(league that is)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:11:50 »

The kind of form that gets you promoted, odd.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:13:38 »

We also scored 7 goals in those 4 games, and Yates got 4.
Flashheart

« Reply #400 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:15:52 »

Not bad for a one-man team that was playing without that one man.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:18:48 »

It actually puts Yates on a similar path as Doyle, which might suggest the way we play has a significant impact on the centre forwards ability to score - i.e we create chances for the middle man.  Obviously we still need someone, because Doyle coming was the result of Yates being suspended and it showed we didn't really have someone to fill the gap.  The reassuring aspect, although only 4 games, is that it suggests a decent enough player could be brought in to help provided we fill the gap with Yates out wide.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:19:33 »

We could be a modern day version of the Spurs team with Clive Allen upfront.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:21:33 »

We also scored 7 goals in those 4 games, and Yates got 4.
Combined losses is ultimately what is going to hurt us short term as I'd put Anderson, Baudry and Fryers all in the same bracket as Doyle in terms of key players. With Doyle gone we could have done with Anderson's creativity and goals, Lyden is a miss also but we have cover for him on paper.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:24:14 »

Yes, that was the risk with our recruitment this season.  However, only one or two are long term losses, so if we get through this month still intact, add a few players here and there along the way, we could be well set to maintain the momentum for the rest of the season.  Doyle is a loss, but the analysis of the 4 games without him give hope that we could replace it.  On top of that, a few of the teams below us have a couple of games in hand, which means they'll have more clogged fixture lists.  That could help us in a few months, especially as we banked the points.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: