Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 119268 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 10:22:07 »

I like that Wellens is going to 'respect' they decision, what's he going to do otherwise, lock Doyler in a cupboard!

Note is the second most read story on the T&A website (Although that might just be Town fans reading it), the comments make interesting and actually quite sensible reading.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 10:28:16 »

It already was three hours ago.
D Day? Sounds as if the shift is him returning to Bradford - probably mainly to avoid a PR disaster

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18139144.bradford-city-ready-make-doyle-decision/

Fat lot of use you'd have been on Omaha Beach. Although admittedly better than Legends-Lounge, who'd still be skulking around in Weymouth for another ten days, before claiming to be a war hero.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 10:33:16 »

It already was three hours ago.
Fat lot of use you'd have been on Omaha Beach. Although admittedly better than Legends-Lounge, who'd still be skulking around in Weymouth for another ten days, before claiming to be a war hero.
My bad  Doh

Although in reality I supsect D-Day came and went some time ago when a decision was made but non announced for obvious reasons...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 10:42:49 »

My bad  Doh

Although in reality I supsect D-Day came and went some time ago when a decision was made but non announced for obvious reasons...
Indeed, the idea that they've not really given it much thought till now but they're going to sit down and have a chat about it this afternoon is laughable
Flashheart

« Reply #379 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 10:50:59 »

I expect they'll have already decided to do x unless y happens in the meantime.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 11:02:59 »

I expect they'll have already decided to do x unless y happens in the meantime.

Its also in both clubs interest to agree how the narrative is spun either way.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:08:57 »

It’s easier for Power, though. All he has to say is Bradford wanted him back and there was nothing he could do about it.

If Bradford dont recall him they’ll be loads of shit directed in their direction. Maybe the time it’s taking is for Bradford to have another striker lined up to deflect the criticism.

Tbf, I’d be fucking livid if I was a Bradford fan.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 15:09:07 »

I think he gets "recalled" today as that's the official deadline and Bradford have to do that if they want to either;

a) keep him.
b) renegotiate his loan with us.
or
c) sell him to us.

Otherwise they'd be allowing him to stay here on his current agreement. Since he has scored a shitload, renegotiated/improved loan terms seems fair for Bradford to suggest we pay a bit more/all of his wage. I'm going for the latter (option c), and he'll be a Town player by the end of the window.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 21:18:18 »

Hahaha. Just had a quick look on the BantamTalk thread RE: Doyle, which is now called "Eoin Doyle (recalled to City 8/1/2020)" lolz.

Best thing is, a poster called Mitchelldownie seems to think that Doyle can and  I quote
...Doyle can write himself into the record books as leading scorer, maybe chalk up two promotions in one season and at the age of 31...

I'd love half of what he's on. Two promotions, in one season!? Now unless they think Bradford are going to "do a Swindon" and get shafted by the FL then good luck  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

REDBUCK

« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 21:30:21 »

Hahaha. Just had a quick look on the BantamTalk thread RE: Doyle, which is now called "Eoin Doyle (recalled to City 8/1/2020)" lolz.

Best thing is, a poster called Mitchelldownie seems to think that Doyle can and  I quote
I'd love half of what he's on. Two promotions, in one season!? Now unless they think Bradford are going to "do a Swindon" and get shafted by the FL then good luck  Pint

How many games do you need to play to get a medal

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 21:42:11 »

In the 10-15 range normally so the fella maybe onto something, not that you get a medal for finishing 2nd or 3rd mind you.

Championship medal and PO winners medal is possible

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 23:03:10 »

Yeah but I'm pretty sure that the condition on receiving a medal isn't just the games played. You have to be registered at the club you're playing for come seasons end/last game.

Last time I checked you can't be registered at one club at the same time (although you can be registered for three clubs in one season; 3 in 2 rule).

Anyway he wouldn't win two medals (unless POs) but happy if someone can clarify it.

'Incessant Nonsense'

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 23:26:50 »

Yeah but I'm pretty sure that the condition on receiving a medal isn't just the games played. You have to be registered at the club you're playing for come seasons end/last game.

Last time I checked you can't be registered at one club at the same time (although you can be registered for three clubs in one season; 3 in 2 rule).

Anyway he wouldn't win two medals (unless POs) but happy if someone can clarify it.

I'm sure you get medals for second and third...my mate was a assistant physio at Wycombe and he has one framed on his office wall...they came third that year.

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 07:18:59 »

Richie De Laet won a prem medal with Leicester and a championship medal with Middlesbrough in the same season
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 08:36:36 »

It does make me chuckle how Bradford fans see us as a one man team, and that they thought we were no great shakes in the two matches. When we played up there it was slap bang in the middle of our worst run this season, when we lost over half our league loss total to date. Playing them at home whilst struggling with injuries and players out of position. We'll be fine. Shame if they started to drop away now  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: