Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 118161 times)
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 17:05:18 »

We need to look to the long term as well as to the immediate future.
I’m not sure I would offer Doyle 2.5 years - he is 31 now and although he is scoring heavily in League 2, if we are in League 1 will he score as freely, and will his pace / effectiveness dwindle by next season or the season after next?
We saw last year with Brown relying on Taylor and Richards the fallibility of a plan which relies too heavily on senior players (admittedly both of those were closer to 35 ) - they are unlikely to be good for 35-40 games starting, as their fitness and effectiveness declines.
It comes down to whether we think his “hot streak” will continue beyond January, if so for how long, and whether we could sell on this time next year if he isn’t up to league 1, and also on what alternatives are available.  We can see this year with Diagoraga and McGlashan the problem of big earners not playing and how it limits our ability to strengthen.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 17:16:46 »

The argument I liked best was that agent Doyle can effectively help Swindon take points off every other team in the league except Bradford. So he's helping them more, and at far lower cost, than he would sitting unused on their books. Us doing well (for the time being) is the cost of that arrangement. They might yet be grateful to him for nicking points off other rivals as the season end draws closer.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 17:33:27 »

We need to look to the long term as well as to the immediate future.
I’m not sure I would offer Doyle 2.5 years - he is 31 now and although he is scoring heavily in League 2, if we are in League 1 will he score as freely, and will his pace / effectiveness dwindle by next season or the season after next?

Sort of see your point.  But I'd be more concerned if he was 33 or 34.  At 31, I'm sure he has a few more good seasons in him left - even if we make it in to League 1.

I can remember when I also thought that 31 was old.  Those days are long gone.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 21:45:01 »

Doyle playing for Bradford against Swindon in early January is officially on......

All the emojis

Cool Sad Zzz Hmmm Head Hurts
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 22:03:28 »

Doyle playing for Bradford against Swindon in early January is officially on......

All the emojis

Cool Sad Zzz Hmmm Head Hurts
Don't temp fate !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:40:57 »

Bradford City aren't idiots, no deal will be agreed before that game.

However, they might not want to risk him in what could be a very important game for both sides. Doyle might also not be in the right mindset to play etc.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:51:18 »

Just spoke to my Bradford supporting workmate, he mentioned "concentrate on the league" to me  Smiley. I need to ask him whether he thinks Bradford will recall him.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:52:59 by 4D » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 10:32:12 »

I will put money on Doyle coming on in that game and two things happening

1) he gets booed
2) he scores
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 11:25:23 »

And called a judas, dont forget!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 11:34:25 »

Am I missing something, as they went out the cup yesterday as well they are going to struggle to fit him in for FFP reasons, wasn't their main hope that a cup run would bring the cash in?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 11:44:26 »

If Town were serious about lining up a bid, I wonder if we might offer a certain amount should the transfer be completed before Jan 4th, and a lower amount should it not. Try to twist their arm a little...

Am I missing something, as they went out the cup yesterday as well they are going to struggle to fit him in for FFP reasons, wasn't their main hope that a cup run would bring the cash in?

Yes, but there's always the risk they might find another way to solve the problem (e.g. offload any deadwood)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 13:44:17 »

Yes, but there's always the risk they might find another way to solve the problem (e.g. offload any deadwood)
think you'll find they are already trying to do that with pretty much the same result as we are getting with our deadwood.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 13:52:28 »

think you'll find they are already trying to do that with pretty much the same result as we are getting with our deadwood.
We should do a swap then. We have a good track record with their "deadwood" Smiley
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 11:18:47 »

According to the bradford forum by loaning us Doyle, and allowing us to potentially signing him, they are giving us their promotion slot....

I love how they think it's theirs and they should be pissing up this league. If they were too good for league 2 then they wouldn't have dropped down, and if they were supposed to be pissing the league they would be up there with us not sitting at the bottom of the playoff places.

LIke i said a while ago, they are currently going through what we have been through and once they realise they are in league 2 for a reason (a footballing reason) then they might actually get somewhere.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 11:51:34 »

According to the bradford forum by loaning us Doyle, and allowing us to potentially signing him, they are giving us their promotion slot....

I love how they think it's theirs and they should be pissing up this league. If they were too good for league 2 then they wouldn't have dropped down, and if they were supposed to be pissing the league they would be up there with us not sitting at the bottom of the playoff places.

LIke i said a while ago, they are currently going through what we have been through and once they realise they are in league 2 for a reason (a footballing reason) then they might actually get somewhere.

Its still too early to be smug towards Bradford though. The majority of the season remains + a transfer window, anything could happen. We've seen how a short good run of form can easily propel you to the top.

And it's not just them either. Plymouth fans are the same, if not worse with the god given right to promotion. We were pretty much the same ourselves when we came down.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: