Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 118181 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« on: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 22:52:20 »

https://widthofapost.com/2019/11/17/the-eoin-doyle-dilemma/

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 06:35:05 »

Decent synopsis, what it doesn't take into account is the player. Will he want to stay at a club where he is playing some of his best ever football, or go back to a side that will probably play him in goal?
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 06:39:07 »

Decent synopsis, what it doesn't take into account is the player. Will he want to stay at a club where he is playing some of his best ever football, or go back to a side that will probably play him in goal?

If Bradford want him back, surely Doyle wont have any choice in the matter as he is their player.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 07:05:23 »

I expect Bradford will recall Doyle on Jan 1st but he doesn’t want to be there and they don’t really want him. So we will need to buy him.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 07:36:47 »

Doyle would be better off seeing out his contract at Bradford. At the end of it he would go on a free and command a decent signing on fee.

No doubt Wellens wants him to stay and so does Doyle himself.

Bradford have a choice. They can make a few quid selling him to us plus getting rid of his entire salary or they can recall him - which will cost a fair bit to keep them under the wage cap plus there’s no guarantee he’ll score for them. They’ll need to change their style which, tbf, has got them high up the league. It’s a big risk in disrupting that.

Gut says we will agree to keep him. If he does go back we’ll get a replacement plus Yates.

No bother.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 08:24:48 »

if Bradford want him back for whatever reason, they will have to find the money as the article says. Seems three options for that one of which could disappear this week with Shrewsbury dumping them out of the cup. Of course, we could do ourselves a massive financial favour by beating Cheltenham tomorrow. PV at home in round two is very winnable, round three beckons and a potential money spinner.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 08:34:30 »

If we had a player out on loan, in the same division - who was the divisions top scorer I’d expect the club to recall him & do their best to get him banging the goals in for us...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 08:47:06 »

But they’ve tried that and it didn’t work.

As Wellens said in his Salford interview ‘He only scores for me’

If they were struggling in the league I’d agree about recalling him. But they’d have to change the way they play to get him scoring - and that’s if he hasn’t thrown a strop about being recalled.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:08:53 »

Bradford played him as a number 10 behind the strikers and as we have seen that's not how we utilise him. Unless they (have) change(d) the way they play, he's going to be equally as ineffective for them.

Bradford could I suppose sell him to a team in Scotland (for example) for a small fee, that's really the only other option they have as he can't play for another English team this season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:10:35 »

I mean this is all based on hearsay and guess work, but we are paying the lions share of Doyles wages and it seems the noise from Bradford is that they can't really afford to take him back.

If he does go back, that essentially stifles them strengthening. They clearly don't know how to utilise him, nor do their strikers get the service any striker does here (judging by how few goals their strikers have scored)... So he might get a few goals for them, but likelihood is he'll sit on the bench and they won't get any stronger... However, with us (hopefully, but looking likely) being in and around the top 3 - we will have a pretty decent wedge to bring a few players in and strengthen. We need to bring in a striker anyway, and with the service any striker would get from our midfield, we'd be an attractive club to sign for (haven't said that in a while!)

Let's face it - Doyle won't continue this run and will go on a barren streak at some point, he isn't gonna score 40+ goals this season. I would rather he stayed (and all signs point to him absolutely loving it here) so that would be the ideal scenario but I don't think it's the end of the world. Goalscorers are hard to come by and we'd miss his goals but despite what Bradford fans think, we're a very good side even without him.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:12:04 »

He’d have to agree a move to the sweaties- he’d have no choice if Bradford recall him.
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 13:28:27 »

Bradford played him as a number 10 behind the strikers and as we have seen that's not how we utilise him. Unless they (have) change(d) the way they play, he's going to be equally as ineffective for them.

Bradford could I suppose sell him to a team in Scotland (for example) for a small fee, that's really the only other option they have as he can't play for another English team this season.

That's a FIFA rule, not an FA on. He can't play for anyone else.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 13:32:02 »

That's a FIFA rule, not an FA on. He can't play for anyone else.

Ah ok - I stand corrected thanks. Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 13:37:56 »

me too, thought it was League rules.

so that's good news
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 08:35:23 »

On the salford match thread someone mentioned the fact that they knew we were signing him for £100K. (not trawling through)
I have been steadily reading the bantams fan page for the last couple of weeks and they too have an "in the know" and assures them Doyle will be returning.
So which one lies like a beach front Rolex?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: