Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 119588 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 08:01:46 »

If we get all three on a perm in January i'll get Audrey tattooed on my arse Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 08:20:19 »

Be careful! I’ve fallen into that trap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 08:41:42 »

I’ll be amazed if Doyle stays here.

If the shoe were on the other foot I’d want & expect STFC to do everything possible to get the leagues top scorer back and firing.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 08:46:31 »

Perhaps there is an option to buy in January window, perhaps this is why both clubs are reluctant to speak about the terms in the loan.

As DV says above, Bradford would be mad not to recall him and try and get him firing for them
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 11:20:42 »

It seems fairly straightforward to me. If he can be recalled, he will be.

Nothing to see here
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 11:47:40 »

Perhaps there is an option to buy in January window, perhaps this is why both clubs are reluctant to speak about the terms in the loan.

As DV says above, Bradford would be mad not to recall him and try and get him firing for them
Bradford selling Doyle to Swindon might appease their fans but it would depend if Power is prepared to pay a fee for a 31 coming up 32 year old player on a free in the summer and what wages we will offer.

Bradford may be happy to have him off their wage bill and a bit more on top to give them some spending power. That would suggest a nominal fee as Swindon are the only buyers before Doyle's contract expires. Maybe Bradford add a promotion bonus to any fee.

If you're Doyle's agent then you probably tell him to sit tight and keep on scoring. There would be plenty of League One clubs interested in the summer regardless of whether he stays at Swindon or goes back to Bradford in January.

If will depend what sort of contract we are prepared to offer and when. If it's now then we would have to be close to Doyle's current deal but for a 2.5 year deal to say age 34 he may need to drop his wages a bit.

Power may have preferred to have waited until the summer and see what league we are in and sign him on a free. If Doyle got a better offer elsewhere in the summer then you can argue 'we can't compete with X'.

I guess it comes down to gambling now for a bit more outlay and a better chance of promotion or risking missing out and another season in League 2. That's the conundrum clubs at this level face.

Of course this is Swindon and if anything can go wrong with a promotion season it will go wrong....

Sent from my SM-G960F
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 12:00:02 »

Bradford selling Doyle to Swindon might appease their fans but it would depend if Power is prepared to pay a fee for a 31 coming up 32 year old player on a free in the summer and what wages we will offer.

Bradford may be happy to have him off their wage bill and a bit more on top to give them some spending power. That would suggest a nominal fee as Swindon are the only buyers before Doyle's contract expires. Maybe Bradford add a promotion bonus to any fee.

If you're Doyle's agent then you probably tell him to sit tight and keep on scoring. There would be plenty of League One clubs interested in the summer regardless of whether he stays at Swindon or goes back to Bradford in January.

If will depend what sort of contract we are prepared to offer and when. If it's now then we would have to be close to Doyle's current deal but for a 2.5 year deal to say age 34 he may need to drop his wages a bit.

Power may have preferred to have waited until the summer and see what league we are in and sign him on a free. If Doyle got a better offer elsewhere in the summer then you can argue 'we can't compete with X'.

I guess it comes down to gambling now for a bit more outlay and a better chance of promotion or risking missing out and another season in League 2. That's the conundrum clubs at this level face.

Of course this is Swindon and if anything can go wrong with a promotion season it will go wrong....

Sent from my SM-G960F

It would require a seismic change from Power to sign up Doyle for a fee and a new contract.  There's no evidence from history that he'll do such a thing.... he chucked away Div 3 status by trying to keep us upon the cheap, and in the 2 subsequent years hasn't done enough to get us back up.  The best hope is that Doyle sees out his loan, because Bradford figure having a disaffected player around the place would outweigh the bad publicity of their player ripping up Div 4
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 13:01:38 »

If you're Doyle's agent then you probably tell him to sit tight and keep on scoring. There would be plenty of League One clubs interested in the summer

Including, I hope,  Swindon.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 13:14:13 »

It would require a seismic change from Power to sign up Doyle for a fee and a new contract.  There's no evidence from history that he'll do such a thing.... he chucked away Div 3 status by trying to keep us upon the cheap, and in the 2 subsequent years hasn't done enough to get us back up.  The best hope is that Doyle sees out his loan, because Bradford figure having a disaffected player around the place would outweigh the bad publicity of their player ripping up Div 4

disagree with both. power signing older, experienced players is nothing new in the last couple of years. the youth model gas clearly been postponed to get put this league.

doyle is an experienced pro, I'm sure he would like to stay at town but him being disaffected if he returns is an assumption and he doesnt seem the type not to put the effort in. om the other hand with every goal he scores it puts them under pressure.

nationally his form is very under the radar and I'm surprised. 9 in a row and one of the best records in europe
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 13:22:13 »

disagree with both. power signing older, experienced players is nothing new in the last couple of years.

Oh right I must have missed Power spending a fee on experienced players recently then.... silly me.  Out of interest who were they  Hmmm
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 13:23:53 »

As well you know he never said spend.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 13:36:17 »

As well you know he never said spend.

As you know.... Moonraker mentioned the need for a fee to get Doyle,to which I agreed, pointing out this wasn't usually Power's method.  Unfortunately although it is possible to get decent players without breaking the bank, sometimes there will be a cost, in agent's fees, wages and even a transfer fee. That is a spend.

We've had about 6 years of Power we know how he operates.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 13:40:46 »

January will be the big test of Power's leadership of the Club.

The main priority should be getting Wellens signed on again and with a big release clause.

I doubt we would have to pay Bradford much for Doyle - maybe cover their outlay in wages whilst he has been with us - because he will leave for free in the summer and doesn't want to be there.

Will Power be prepared to pay the best part of £650,000 over 2.5 years in wages on Doyle? You'd hope so because under Wellens there is no reason to think he won't score 20+ a season in League 1 too. Whilst he would be 34 at the end of that contract, his game and fitness level are likely to hold up over that time as best as anyone can guess.

Get the manager signed on and Doyle, add Yates and Grant - it's a big ask - but you then have the core of a squad that could go bang bang. With the exception of a box-to-box midfielder and a out-and-out centre half, there's nothing Wycombe's squad has that we don't (or couldn't add on top in the summer) and they are miles clear in L1

Keep it all together and add a bit more and Power could be Chairman of a Champ club in 1.5-2.5 years. Let's hope he sees that and is prepared to back it and find out
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 13:42:55 by Boeta » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 13:44:24 »

Didn't Power pay somewhere in the region of £350,000 for Kaiyne Woolery? Whilst I understand that he didn't have the experience that Doyle has, surely it shows that he's willing to pay a fee if it feels right?

Unless I've made that up, in which case ignore me and carry on as you were.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 13:53:41 »

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a pre agreed fee in place for an option to buy, something nominal like £50k or £100k and that's why the clubs are staying quiet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: