Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cheltenham FA Cup rd 1 replay pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41891 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 14:18:03 »

[quote author=Reg Smeeton link=topic=57964.msg1520401#msg1520401

That's 9 replay defeats now going back near on 30 years.  8 games without a win v Numb, going back to PdC.  4 games for Wellens v Numb without a win, 2 draws 2 defeats,, and no wins in a cup game in his managerial career.

ahh but records are there to be broken,   oh yee of little faith  !!,   it will happen (one day).

It's much more likely that replays will be phased out before we win one.  They've already gone after the 5th round, inclusive.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 14:24:36 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
turbotubbs

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 14:37:03 »

Not having been for a while, I oddly enjoyed the experience last night. Weirdly thought the penalty had hit the post, not been saved. After the goal we played pretty well, and had enough chances to at least get level. On another night Doughty's strike goes in, or rebounds off the keeper and into the net. As time dragged (raced?) on it just had the feel that we wouldn't score, and in the end, faced with the prospect of extra time, I kinda didn't mind.
Why I ever thought we had a chance considering (a) the jinx against Cheltenham and (b) our record in the FA Cup and in a replays, I have no idea. Maybe just giddy with being top of the table at a decent amount of time into the season.
If I'd been there as a Cheltenham fan I'd have gone home delighted with a perfect away win (steal?) Took their chance, defended stubbornly, rode a bit of luck
Most sides as this level will struggle to keep standards up when missing as many key personnel as we were last night, not least the leagues top scorer. Its a terrible rule - a player on loan should be able to play in all the clubs games no matter what.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 16:23:19 »

At least we can concentrate fully on the league now...*

*Love you Audrey.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 19:38:01 »

Anybody know why ours is the only attendance not recorded (not in my paper anyway)?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
REDBUCK

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 21:10:40 »

The calculator broke and we didnt have a spare.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 21:21:20 »

Anybody know why ours is the only attendance not recorded (not in my paper anyway)?

I noticed the turnstile wasnt working in the Arkells. Not sure if its linked. The bars would rotate without scanning the ticket
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 21:24:08 »

I noticed the turnstile wasnt working in the Arkells. Not sure if its linked. The bars would rotate without scanning the ticket

Hillier type scam....clearly remember the cries of laughter when the gates were read out back in the day!

Clems Army!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 22:30:47 »

Shouldn't make any difference these days,  there's no cash turnstiles so even if a turnstiles not working the ticket office should know exactly how many tickets have been sold.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 20:22:18 »

So Port Vale having beaten Numb, get a trip to Manchester City.  WE do this every year and because a year ago is quitea long time I forget.... had we prevailed would that have been us  Hmmm

I vaguely think yes, second round games get a number which carries into R3.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 20:22:53 »

I kept sighting the cash and how important it was and how we have missed out on cup runs for years and years. port vale have got man city.

(que someone saying we would have been a different bal number etc etc) can still be jealous though!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 20:24:47 »

So Port Vale having beaten Numb, get a trip to Manchester City.  WE do this every year and because a year ago is quitea long time I forget.... had we prevailed would that have been us  Hmmm

I vaguely think yes, second round games get a number which carries into R3.
No, all teams have new numbers
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 20:36:19 »

I kept sighting* the cash and how important it was and how we have missed out on cup runs for years and years. port vale have got man city.

(**que someone saying we would have been a different ***bal number etc etc) can still be jealous though!
*citing
**cue
***ball

And we would have been a different ball number. We have this discussion every year, can't believe people are still falling for this.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 21:04:31 »

For the 3rd round, nos 1 to 44 are the Prem and Championship clubs in alphabetical order. Nos 45 to 64 then follow in the order of the winners of matches as drawn for the 2nd round. For the 2nd round draw, we shared a ball number with Cheltenham and, had we beaten them (hah!) and then Port Vale, we would have been ball no 62 today and would have been Emirates Etihad bound!  Here’s the detail:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/28/emirates-fa-cup-third-round-draw-details-281119

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/11/fa-cup-second-round-draw-111119
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 11:49:40 by Private Fraser » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, December 2, 2019, 22:36:39 »

*citing
**cue
***ball

And we would have been a different ball number. We have this discussion every year, can't believe people are still falling for this.

cunt
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 09:32:41 »

For the 3rd round, nos 1 to 44 are the Prem and Championship clubs in alphabetical order. Nos 45 to 64 then follow in the order of the winners of matches as drawn for the 2nd round. For the 2nd round draw, we shared a ball number with Cheltenham and, had we beaten them (hah!) and then Port Vale, we would have been ball no 62 today and would have been Emirates bound!  Here’s the detail:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/28/emirates-fa-cup-third-round-draw-details-281119

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/11/fa-cup-second-round-draw-111119

Cheers PF, the fount of knowledge re our annual missed Cup Draw.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: