Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cheltenham FA Cup rd 1 replay pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41875 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:10:36 »

Don't leave us in suspense mate, what's going to happen in the shoot out??..

Is it straight to pens in the FA Cup now?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:14:45 »

0-0 and the game is called off when the ref falls asleep after so many failures. Smiley

Of course in our 30 year Cup replay hiatus we do have a 0 in a pen shoot out, which equalled the world record held by Barca.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20080604
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 11:31:42 »

I can't make the game tomorrow, but think we'll win this one, hopefully within 90 mins, as extra time / pens is not ideal ahead of another tough game on Saturday.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 11:36:43 »

Disappointed the game is not on iFollow but being its an FA cup game there could be a stream somewhere on one of the "foreign" channels, hopefully.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
turbotubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:36:08 »

Attending for the first time in a while tomorrow. Anyone confirm that Spring Gardens is open until 10.30 pm? I got caught there a few years ago on a bank holiday (although resolved in the end as there were about 30 angry motorists).
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 10:12:55 »

2-1 Town !
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 10:45:10 »

I see on the Numb forum they are suggesting a crowd of as low as 4,500 with just 450 of them coming despite the short distance and cheap tickets, one of their fans suggest we will only get 2,500.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 10:56:17 »

I see on the Numb forum they are suggesting a crowd of as low as 4,500 with just 450 of them coming despite the short distance and cheap tickets, one of their fans suggest we will only get 2,500.

That last bit is a bit insulting to be hones. That would suggest a similar home crowd number to them which let’s face we have to be really shit to get remotely close to that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 11:08:12 »

That's because they're judging us by their own tinpot standards #properclub
Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 11:10:05 »

That last bit is a bit insulting to be hones. That would suggest a similar home crowd number to them which let’s face we have to be really shit to get remotely close to that.
Yes we had 2 low FA cup crowds last season but both were a fair bit more than the low guess and both against non league opposition, and we were playing pretty poorly at the time too and certainly not at the top of the table.

In other posts most of their fans expect them to lose, not so sure I am THAT confident we will easily beat them, what with the Numb hoodoo (yeah I know its worse away) but beat these and then a game vs PV who are not a great side but are difficult to beat and we could have a great money spinner in the 3rd round.

Away to Spurs or Arsenal would be good, or even West Ham.

Not that I am jumping the gun though, we have such a shit record in recent years in this cup.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 11:22:44 »

In other posts most of their fans expect them to lose, not so sure I am THAT confident we will easily beat them, what with the Numb hoodoo (yeah I know its worse away) but beat these and then a game vs PV who are not a great side but are difficult to beat and we could have a great money spinner in the 3rd round.

You do get shocks in the FA Cup, and us ending the near 30 years of replay hurt and beating Numb would be right up there. Let's face it if we were going to do it going 1-0 up with a couple of minutes left would have been a good time.

BTW, BPV have new owners, a local business couple. The distaff half, seems the driving force and she's very keen to place the FC right at the heart of Burslem.  She acknowledges that government is likely to do nothing for Brexit voters, so they'll have to do it themselves.

It's probably no coincidence that their form has picked up.....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 11:30:39 »

BTW, BPV have new owners, a local business couple. The distaff half, seems the driving force and she's very keen to place the FC right at the heart of Burslem.  She acknowledges that government is likely to do nothing for Brexit voters, so they'll have to do it themselves.

It's probably no coincidence that their form has picked up.....

They bought the club 7 months back....
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 11:39:10 »

Attending for the first time in a while tomorrow. Anyone confirm that Spring Gardens is open until 10.30 pm? I got caught there a few years ago on a bank holiday (although resolved in the end as there were about 30 angry motorists).

I'm sure you wouldn't need to pay to park this evening.  It's not even going to be a particularly large gate, I'd imagine.  Loads of free off street parking if you know where to look.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 11:45:51 »

We do indeed have a poor run of FA cup results from replays.

Last replay won was home to Orient in 1990-91.

A run of 8 games without a replay victory, only 2 of those losses have come at the CG both being the last 2 replay defeats vs non league Eastleigh and Crawley.

Runs are there to be broken though.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 11:53:34 »

They bought the club 7 months back....

And  Hmmm

The end of last season.... so this campaign is first with the Shanahans i/c

After some poor recent seasons under Smurthwaite, they seem to have picked up this season, so could be one to watch.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: