Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cheltenham FA Cup rd 1 replay pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 42409 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 22:08:29 »

Hockaday seemed fairly sure that Iandolo played the scorer onside...make of that what you will.
If true he'd have to be 5 or 6 yards behind the other defenders looking right across the line. If he has done that then he really is hopeless!

Of those players mentioned, all but two should be available again on Saturday. (I think)
At least tonight proves we need to pull out all the stops we have left to keep Doyle and Grant. Found the budget for Donohue let's hope we can do the same again.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 22:13:16 »

Well, its Cheltenham, its the FA Cup 1st round. What did you expect.

First half fairly even. Missed a pen. Fluffed the rebound. Hit the post from a header.

Second half, they score. We dominate then on. Hit post from a 1 on 1 and a few half chances.

Not much more to say
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 22:22:40 »

Well, its Cheltenham, its the FA Cup 1st round. What did you expect.

First half fairly even. Missed a pen. Fluffed the rebound. Hit the post from a header.

Second half, they score. We dominate then on. Hit post from a 1 on 1 and a few half chances.

Not much more to say
Hockaday has already said it (several times tonight) If you don't score you don't win.    (Clever cunt).

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 23:17:38 »

Fucking Cup chumps. Year after year, no matter if we’re good or shit, it’s the same old story.

Does my head in.

What are you on about, we got to round one and a half  Smiley
digby

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 00:26:08 »

Their goal was definetly offside   !  😡 It wasn't Addai over on the Arkell side, but the player by the Don Rogers sideline who passed it to Addai - I was at the perfect angle and I reckon he was at least a yard offside - the linesman was way behind the play and didn't have a clue - he was being abused way before the ball hit the net, and it carried on for most of the match  !

Didn't deserve to lose that 😞
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 00:56:46 »

FFS away with work...gutted after going to Salford but relieved when the result came in.

Fucking jinxed!

I would trade third place for a an away day at United all fuckin day long....let's get out of this league.

Clems Army!
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 07:15:32 »

I thought we were good again, just lacking the end product. Cheltenham came with a game plan and executed it superbly, I think the vast majority will come to SN1 with a similar one - Sit right back, put 11 men behind the ball and hit us on the counter. One of those 'it just wasn't our night' feels. Full focus on the league now, secure top 3 and get out.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 08:14:52 »

I fucking hate that ‘concentrate on the league’ shite spouted after yet another early exit. We still, clearly, have a problem with our home performances. They are still a fairly grim spectacle - such a contrast to the away performances.

Wonder if Donohue will get wound up on Saturday. Anyone know the situation regarding the accumulation of yellow cards.

Grant must be close - when is the amnesty?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 08:45:21 »

I thought we were good again, just lacking the end product. Cheltenham came with a game plan and executed it superbly, I think the vast majority will come to SN1 with a similar one - Sit right back, put 11 men behind the ball and hit us on the counter. One of those 'it just wasn't our night' feels. Full focus on the league now, secure top 3 and get out.
Very disappointed with last night's result. We are not quite there yet - A good team is able to over come teams that come with that game plan. I remember the Macari team getting caught out every now and again. This team has got caught too often this season so far.We are better than last year, but not the finished article yet.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:18:23 »

All this moaning about not being good enough is getting on my tits.   Ok, we're not going to win every single game and by all accounts we didn't play that bad.  What must be remembered is last night we only had half a team out there,  a full squad and we would probably have pissed all over them.  Rather lose this than lose Saturday.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:46:59 »

Here's a question, posed as somebody who hasn't made it to a game yet this season...

It's clear we miss Doyle when he doesn't play, and for all Yates' hard work and endeavour he simply can't replace him as the centre forward. Is this because we can't live without Doyle, or is it because we are sipmly less effective with Yates playing that central role? I.e. would the best response to losing Doyle in January be to bring in another centre forward who Yates can combine with? Whilst Doyle is clearly bang in form, we seem to be creating a hatful of chances for him that any reasonable centre forward should thrive off.

Thoughts?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:50:59 »

30th November.

Baudry and Doyle are on 4 yellows. I assume these are all league - must be 5 in the league before suspension

Then its 10 before 37 league games/second Sunday in March

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:52:10 »

Very disappointed with last night's result. We are not quite there yet - A good team is able to over come teams that come with that game plan. I remember the Macari team getting caught out every now and again. This team has got caught too often this season so far.We are better than last year, but not the finished article yet.
Bear in mind that we effectively played a half and half side last night, so while the comment may be valid about last night, don't know that they necessarily translate into a full strength league side.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:54:10 »

I agree, the FA cup is a nice money spinner and a good day out if we get a decent draw....but....its all suplimental.

Lets get out of this league and also that means less chances of bookings and injuries in the extra games.

We were well able to beat Numb but we didn't partly due to reffing and partly due to poor finishing and hitting the post twice and missing a penalty.

With Donohue back who for me has been missed the last 2 matches even though Yandolow wasn't too bad on Saturday, hes still a miss.

On Saturday with Grant and Doyle back, and with Isgrove and Anderson both on the road to recovery for me its all looking good.

Now just tie up the Doyle and Grant on a contract till at least the end of the season, along with Caddis and Donohue till the Summer and we will be back on it.

I see again the attendance was witheld by the club last night.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:55:01 »

I fucking hate that ‘concentrate on the league’ shite spouted after yet another early exit. We still, clearly, have a problem with our home performances. They are still a fairly grim spectacle - such a contrast to the away performances.

Wonder if Donohue will get wound up on Saturday. Anyone know the situation regarding the accumulation of yellow cards.

Whilst I agree in general our home performances aren't up to scratch for whatever reason, be it we tactically struggle to break down teams who park the bus or whatever reason, as posted above we didn't have a full team out so to put this into the same bracket as Northampton & Colchester would be a tad unfair.

All this moaning about not being good enough is getting on my tits.   Ok, we're not going to win every single game and by all accounts we didn't play that bad.  What must be remembered is last night we only had half a team out there,  a full squad and we would probably have pissed all over them.  Rather lose this than lose Saturday.

I couldn't agree more.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: