Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Donohue  (Read 26417 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 14:43:48 »

Yeah that came out last Monday and Wellens also spoke about it before the game on the radio before the last game.

I hope its cleared now and he is back, not sure you could drop Caddis or Hunt to bring him straight back in though as both did decent jobs last week even if Hunt is a way better right back than left back he has been one of our most consistant players this season so far.
Sounds like it is a bit of a cock-up our end, should have extended his contract before it was up, EFL wont sanction another until the window is open now it would seem.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 14:54:48 »

Sounds like it is a bit of a cock-up our end, should have extended his contract before it was up, EFL wont sanction another until the window is open now it would seem.
Depends on the reason for not doing it straight away though I guess, Wellens said there was a reason but I wanted to keep it in house. Putting 2 + 2 together I think there was a genuine risk of him going to prison in which case we'd have looked a bit stupid  signing him until the end of the season only for him to go down. So we prioritised Caddis and waited on Donohue, worst case he can't play until the start of January so still means we have him for the second half of the season.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 19:20:42 »

Depends on the reason for not doing it straight away though I guess, Wellens said there was a reason but I wanted to keep it in house. Putting 2 + 2 together I think there was a genuine risk of him going to prison in which case we'd have looked a bit stupid  signing him until the end of the season only for him to go down. So we prioritised Caddis and waited on Donohue, worst case he can't play until the start of January so still means we have him for the second half of the season.
Totally agree, although we could have put in a clause in a contract to the effect it would be cancelled if he went down - maybe that was the sticking point and DD wouldn't accept it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 19:27:43 »

Totally agree, although we could have put in a clause in a contract to the effect it would be cancelled if he went down - maybe that was the sticking point and DD wouldn't accept it.

Maybe as it stands his wages and that if Caddis was to much under the FFP criteria and given the choice, Caddis was the easier less messy option.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 19:29:24 »

That surely wouldn't make sense though as the original contract was only for one month (presumably for the same reason) so either way he would lose out.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 21:35:44 »

To be honest the EFL make the rules up as they go along so it's impossible to second guess them, looking at the Sheffield Wednesday situation you can't even rely on their own communication. I hope the Sheff Wed owner takes them to the cleaners as he's threatening, wonder what would happen if they actually went bust....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 12:00:54 »

To be honest the EFL make the rules up as they go along so it's impossible to second guess them, looking at the Sheffield Wednesday situation you can't even rely on their own communication. I hope the Sheff Wed owner takes them to the cleaners as he's threatening, wonder what would happen if they actually went bust....
We wouldn't have a league to play in and so we'd go bust too. Not sure why you'd want that?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 12:09:57 »

We wouldn't have a league to play in and so we'd go bust too. Not sure why you'd want that?
Well something needs to change and this might force a much needed shake up. The EFL currently isn’t fit for purpose and just seems to lurch from bad decision to bad decision.  The odds on them doing anything to significantly change things without being forced is next to none it would basically be turkeys voting for Christmas.  They need someone to take them to the cleaners and show them that they aren’t beyond accountability.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 13:34:17 »

Well something needs to change and this might force a much needed shake up. The EFL currently isn’t fit for purpose and just seems to lurch from bad decision to bad decision.  The odds on them doing anything to significantly change things without being forced is next to none it would basically be turkeys voting for Christmas.  They need someone to take them to the cleaners and show them that they aren’t beyond accountability.
Completely agree with all this, bar the last bit, as it would impact all the league's members. But you're right that the governance of football in this country is an absolute joke and has been for years.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:45:56 »

Not available until January.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:48:13 »

Caddis looking a very astute signing in that case. Fuck the EFL.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:06:19 »

From the very limited information it seems to suggest that there has ben a 5 day break in contract which is the problem?

I don't really understand, outside the transfer window he left Mansfield and was OOC, he then left us and was OOC so what is different?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:22:24 »

Quite, its not as if it is even another team trying to register him
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:28:00 »

I don't really understand, outside the transfer window he left Mansfield and was OOC, he then left us and was OOC so what is different?
It's a request from that 'cheating' Swindon team.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 20:58:34 »

So I wonder where we are on this one now?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: