Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 53989 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:44:44 »

The important thing is we've got Pele, the ginger Pele...

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #271 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:48:47 »

The important thing is we've got Pele, the ginger Pele...

Shame he can't play tomorrow TBH, I think we would easily beat Numb if he did play.

The change in system will not be to our advantage as we don't have a like for like replacement for Doyle who leads the line so well and his goal poaching instinct is amazing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:53:08 »

Shame he can't play tomorrow TBH, I think we would easily beat Numb if he did play.

The change in system will not be to our advantage as we don't have a like for like replacement for Doyle who leads the line so well and his goal poaching instinct is amazing.

It is, but that's life.

Can't believe I'm saying this because I really want a big 3rd round tie (though we'll no doubt lose to PV if we win!), but I'm glad he's getting a rest tomorrow ready for Saturday.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 13:07:45 »

Agree to an extent but the change of system didn稚 really stop us in the first match, we really did completely dominate them at their place. We just need to finish our chances this time.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #274 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 13:16:38 »

I think we will probably push Woolery up front again or keep him wide right and play DJ as wide man more on the left.

So a similar line up to the away game last week but possibly without Donohue and Iandolo playing instead, as long as Rose is fit enough as he only played 2 mins at the weekend after going off vs Rovers.

Yates pushed up front and DJ wide left which suits him more than wide right but still being flexible so he can swap to the right if needed.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 13:47:40 »

I think we will probably push Woolery up front again or keep him wide right and play DJ as wide man more on the left.

So a similar line up to the away game last week but possibly without Donohue and Iandolo playing instead, as long as Rose is fit enough as he only played 2 mins at the weekend after going off vs Rovers.

Yates pushed up front and DJ wide left which suits him more than wide right but still being flexible so he can swap to the right if needed.

I think it値l be the same bar Donohue as you say.
One thing that seems to have been glossed over is Woolery was in the league 2 team of the week and seems to be finally starting up progress. He was involved in 2 of our goals on Saturday and should have been a third if Doyle hadn稚 missed a sitter, just needs to start finishing more chances. I think it値l be a front 3 or one depending on if you see Woolery & DJ as forwards or Yates as a lone striker in this formation.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #276 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 14:54:28 »

Woolery was excellent on Saturday he has really grabbed the chance since Isgrove got injured, as ou say his finishing is poor but his crossing is improving, the set up for Doyle on Saturday was very unselfish and should have resulted in a goal.

Hes not quite reached the level of improvement that Naderson has but hes getting better each game and he scares the shit out of slow lumbering defenders, like Salfords werem you could see them panic when he got close to the ball.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 15:02:12 »

and he scares the shit out of slow lumbering defenders, like Salfords werem you could see them panic when he got close to the ball.

Probably had cars parked behind the stand and were worried he might hit them?  Wink Cheesy
Peter Venkman

« Reply #278 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 15:40:01 »

Probably had cars parked behind the stand and were worried he might hit them?  Wink Cheesy
Early season Woolery....yes, not so much lately TBH, he has improved a lot in the last 3 or 4 week. Still not quite there yet though, Doyle actually had one shot that bothered the cars outside, which is unusual for him!

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 16:52:17 »

Agree Doyle will be a big miss,  but regarding the system and formation changes this can work to our advantage as the Numb would have no idea how we intend to play whereas in the league  with a full squad we are there to be 'spied'  on weekly and systems worked out.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #280 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 17:07:15 »

but regarding the system and formation changes this can work to our advantage as the Numb would have no idea how we intend to play

They played us just last week and we didn't have Doyle.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 17:24:16 »

Trololololol  Soapy Tit Wank

#SpyGate

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
REDBUCK

« Reply #282 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 17:24:57 »

I think it値l be the same bar Donohue as you say.
One thing that seems to have been glossed over is Woolery was in the league 2 team of the week and seems to be finally starting up progress. He was involved in 2 of our goals on Saturday and should have been a third if Doyle hadn稚 missed a sitter, just needs to start finishing more chances. I think it値l be a front 3 or one depending on if you see Woolery & DJ as forwards or Yates as a lone striker in this formation.

Looking at the highlights I actually think Woolery should have gone on alone and shot as he had a free run in on goal
Peter Venkman

« Reply #283 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 17:41:12 »

Looking at the highlights I actually think Woolery should have gone on alone and shot as he had a free run in on goal
He probably should have but his pass to an unmarked Doyle was perfect and very unselfish, a poor miss from Doyle in the end.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 17:58:09 »

Woolery was excellent on Saturday he has really grabbed the chance since Isgrove got injured, as ou say his finishing is poor but his crossing is improving, the set up for Doyle on Saturday was very unselfish and should have resulted in a goal.

Hes not quite reached the level of improvement that Naderson has but hes getting better each game and he scares the shit out of slow lumbering defenders, like Salfords werem you could see them panic when he got close to the ball.

Woolery was my man of the match, his work ethic is fantastic, could have been easy for him to get the hump at not being a regular but he's been excellent recently.  If he was a finisher he'd be worth a few million.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: