Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 54338 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #255 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:32:43 »

Bobby Barnes did it, though he wasn't a striker as such.

Harry Morris did an 8 and a 9
Bobby Barnes did play an AMC game in the middle of that so yes consecutive league games he did but not consecutive games (which obviously wasn't what I stated).

Harold Fleming did 6 in a row 3 times but each included a cup game.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:42:54 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:39:25 »

Bobby Barnes did play an AMC game in the middle of that so yes consecutive league games he did but not consecutive games (which obviously wasn't what I stated).

If you're looking at league games which we are, then you ignore FL trophy games.  If you're looking at FL trophy games then you ignore league games.

Harry Morris didn't play any FL trophy games.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:45:06 »

I watched the Wellen's post match interview and though he came across really well. I like the piece at the end where he stated that it feels like the fans have got their club back.

Possibly controversial in Powers's eyes but the passion and belief shown on the players faces when Yates scored our 3rd and the  feeling amongst the fans backs up this statement.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #258 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:45:53 »

Fleming did 6 consecutive matches but each included a cup game, Bobby Barnes did 6 league games but not 6 consecutive games.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:52:21 »

Fleming did 6 consecutive matches but each included a cup game, Bobby Barnes did 6 league games but not 6 consecutive games.

But it's league games we're interested in.  We played an FL trophy game in the week, it wasn't taken seriously, therefore there's no way it should be included in any comparisons.  However you might want to do something on FL trophy games, llike who has scored most goals in it, who's scored in most consecutive FL trophy games etc.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 11:25:24 »

How do we get 2 points out of a game?

Just asking.

I meant two more wins this week - tomorrow in the FA cup and Saturday.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #261 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 11:35:42 »

But it's league games we're interested in.  We played an FL trophy game in the week, it wasn't taken seriously, therefore there's no way it should be included in any comparisons.  However you might want to do something on FL trophy games, llike who has scored most goals in it, who's scored in most consecutive FL trophy games etc.
Yes but it is still a "first team" fixture, like it or not, taken seriously or not it is still a 1st team game and has to be counted as such.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #262 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 11:53:47 »

Something else has not been mentioned (at least I haven't seen it mentioned) Saturday was the first time since March 2016 that we have won 4 consecutive league matches.

And also the first time that Richie Wellens has ever been in charge of a team to have won 4 consecutive league matches in his managerial career.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 18, 2019, 11:56:35 by Peter Venkman » Logged

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:01:49 »

Yes but it is still a "first team" fixture, like it or not, taken seriously or not it is still a 1st team game and has to be counted as such.
tbf, not in any meaningful sense. Like for example, having many actual 1st team players playing in it
Peter Venkman

« Reply #264 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:05:29 »

tbf, not in any meaningful sense. Like for example, having many actual 1st team players playing in it
Bristol Rovers TBF fielded almost a whole team with a lot of first team appearances and experience between them, because we chose not to does not invalidate it being a 1st team fixture even if we don't like to think of it as such.

Not wishing to enter the debate thats gone on hunfdreds of times in the past on here we should be allowed to field as many changes as we want without fear of fines etc.

As it is, its still a 1st team fixture whether we as fans or a club like it or not.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:14:33 »

Something else has not been mentioned (at least I haven't seen it mentioned) Saturday was the first time since March 2016 that we have won 4 consecutive league matches.

And also the first time that Richie Wellens has ever been in charge of a team to have won 4 consecutive league matches in his managerial career.

According to your reckoning that should only be 3 as we lost to Wovers in the week.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #266 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:16:44 »

According to your reckoning that should only be 3 as we lost to Wovers in the week.
No if you actually read what I wrote I stated 4 consecutive league matches, please don't change what I wrote for your own argument when I never wrote that.

It really is a bad habit of yours to twist posts to suit your own arguments.

Please don't be an idiot when a lot of what you post makes sense but to deliberatly ignore things, thats not on.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:24:59 »

No if you actually read what I wrote I stated 4 consecutive league matches, please don't change what I wrote for your own argument when I never wrote that.

It really is a bad habit of yours to twist posts to suit your own arguments.

Please don't be an idiot when a lot of what you post makes sense but to deliberatly ignore things, thats not on.

You argued that FL trophy games were first team fixtures, therefore couldn't be ignored. Fair enough if you append "league" games, but my line that when we're talking about Doyle scoring in 6 consecutve league games, then Bobby Barnes matched that..... you suggested in some way because of an EFL game he didn't.

It would have been quite easy to say.... yes Doyle has matched Barnes.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:29:22 »

There was a very pleasant week of sunshine in about mid September, I remember walking up on the Ridgeway nr Wayland's Smithy.

I'd arranged a walk with a ladyfriend for the following week, she doesn't like rain, grey skies etc, but will do snow and ice; still waiting, it has rained or been grey just about every day since.  Bad Mood

Or perhaps she has just read this thread?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #269 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:36:25 »

You argued that FL trophy games were first team fixtures, therefore couldn't be ignored. Fair enough if you append "league" games, but my line that when we're talking about Doyle scoring in 6 consecutve league games, then Bobby Barnes matched that..... you suggested in some way because of an EFL game he didn't.

It would have been quite easy to say.... yes Doyle has matched Barnes.
You directly quoted me as saying we have won 4 LEAGUE games in a row then you changed it to include a cup game, again changing the rules as you go.

The ball in served into your court.....

You can't directly quote and then change the whole point of the original post, as you often do.

The serve is a match winner, even though you try to argue with the umpire.... he over rules you....again and the win is confirmed.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: