Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 54424 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:32:22 »

No I wouldn't. I'd pick our fixture as we are clearly the best and most attractive team to watch. On the planet. FACT!

That is 100% correct, however Salford are terrible.

FGR & Plymouth are both pretty good sides.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:33:29 »

How do we get 2 points out of a game?

Just asking.
Think he means 2 more wins this week...Numb tomorrow and Mansfield Saturday...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #242 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:35:52 »

Seconded..

FGR are in danger of becoming the new Bmuff fairytale favourites!
They are, moneybags FGR who were paying Doidge £10k pw before selling him to Hibs so they could squeeze under the FFP rules after his move to Bolton fell through because Bolton are twats.

I am very happy to sit "under the radar".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:38:48 »

They are, moneybags FGR who were paying Doidge £10k pw before selling him to Hibs so they could squeeze under the FFP rules after his move to Bolton fell through because Bolton are twats.

I am very happy to sit "under the radar".
All joking aside, we are top of the League and there's regular headlines in mainstream football coverage (i.e. not just lower league anorak stuff) about the Ginger Pele. I think our "under the radar" period might have passed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:47:18 »

This may be controversial, but if we can only afford one, Yates is the player I hope we can sign permanently - he is critical to our style of play, has the versatility to play up front or deeper, if Doyle has an injury or lean spell can score goals, plus he would fit the LP model of having longer term resale value (unlike Doyle and Grant who are 31 and 32 respectively.

I concur.  Yates is a worker, scores a few goals ad can get better.

Re. accumulating points, I don't think we should be getting too carried away by being top atm, as it is somewaht skewed by games in hand.  We are in the mix however. Perspective is provided by the fact we're a point better off after 18 than under Flitcroft and we were 5th.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:58:05 »

Perspective is provided by the fact we're a point better off after 18 than under Flitcroft and we were 5th.
He's gone Reg and he's not coming back. It's time for you to start coming to terms with that and begin a period of mourning
Peter Venkman

« Reply #246 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:59:49 »

All joking aside, we are top of the League and there's regular headlines in mainstream football coverage (i.e. not just lower league anorak stuff) about the Ginger Pele. I think our "under the radar" period might have passed.
Yeah I fear you are right, its a little too late for the "under the radar" stuff tbh.

But I do hope they don't praise us and our style too much as it does make other teams more aware of us and how to counter our style, something the poor teams try to do but don't succeed, teams like Crawley, orient and Salford all tried but they had little quality so couldn't succeed in stopping us.

We struggle against the bigger more physical sides like Newport, Plymouth, Colchester and Bradford who close the play and kick and get at teams, much as Lincoln did so well for 2 seasons.

The only team we have played that had the better of the play against us was really Crewe.

The only other team we haven't played yet that play a passing style of football is FGR and they have never beat Swindon in a league game with Swindon winning 3 of the 4 matches played.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:00:02 »

I concur.  Yates is a worker, scores a few goals ad can get better.

Plus Power has shown time and time again that he is prepared to fork out money for a player he sees as a good long term investment.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #248 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:05:44 »

Let’s stay under the radar, accumulating points while we do so.
Excellent result on Saturday - let’s hope we can get two more this week and continue to build the momentum.
Yates played probably his best game for us on Saturday, he was all over the pitch winning tackles and scoring a goal, he was excellent.

His work rate can never be faulted but so often in games he falls over his own feet when in great positions or air shots with the goal in front of him.

He is very close to being a very good player but its like he has a rush of blood to the head when he gets in front of goal at times, if he managed to hit the ball cleanly then he would have more goals than Doyle.

His finishing does remind me a lot of Anderson last season, its like he panics and totally misses his shot, often when under no pressure, that hopefully will improve and if it does he will be a brilliant signing.

He has done well to have scored 8 goals so far and fair play to him, thats a good amount, but it could have been double that with a little more composure in front of goal, something Doyle has bags of, although saying that Doyle did miss a couple himself on Saturday.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:09:21 »

I know that it's Doyle getting all the credit at the moment but as a squad, we are really starting to form solid partnerships all over the field. At the back Fryers and Baudry have formed a good CB pairing, Hunt at RB is often involved in a lot of good work down the right. Lydon, Doughty and Grant are probably the best 3 midfield partnership in this league when on form and of course up from Yates and Doyle are a dream. He doesn't contribute goals but Kayne Woolery appears to have really found some form and his pace and direct running causes all kinds of problems. At the moment, there isn't really a weak link in the side. Confidence is oozing through the team, we are playing with a swagger, moving the ball quickly and creating lots of chance.

Long may it last!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #250 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:11:03 »

Talking of Doyle (as we often do) is he the first Town striker ever to score in 6 consecutive matches for Swindon?

I don't remember there being another but I don't think Parkin, Paynter, Mayes, Rowland or Austin ever managed that IIRC.

REDBUCK

« Reply #251 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:13:23 »

See the latest LS podcast for your answer
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:15:05 »

I know that it's Doyle getting all the credit at the moment but as a squad, we are really starting to form solid partnerships all over the field. At the back Fryers and Baudry have formed a good CB pairing, Hunt at RB is often involved in a lot of good work down the right. Lydon, Doughty and Grant are probably the best 3 midfield partnership in this league when on form and of course up from Yates and Doyle are a dream. He doesn't contribute goals but Kayne Woolery appears to have really found some form and his pace and direct running causes all kinds of problems. At the moment, there isn't really a weak link in the side. Confidence is oozing through the team, we are playing with a swagger, moving the ball quickly and creating lots of chance.

Long may it last!
And that’s when we’ve lost Conroy, Andersen and Isgrove to long term injuries! Tbh, I thought we’d struggle with those 3 out. We actually seem to be getting better!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:17:23 »

And that’s when we’ve lost Conroy, Andersen and Isgrove to long term injuries! Tbh, I thought we’d struggle with those 3 out. We actually seem to be getting better!

Bouncebackability.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:17:37 »

Talking of Doyle (as we often do) is he the first Town striker ever to score in 6 consecutive matches for Swindon?

I don't remember there being another but I don't think Parkin, Paynter, Mayes, Rowland or Austin ever managed that IIRC.

Bobby Barnes did it, though he wasn't a striker as such.

Harry Morris did an 8 and a 9
« Last Edit: Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:22:08 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: