Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doyle and Grant  (Read 109661 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:43:23 »

What the Doyle saga (and Yates) does do is put Wellens (and us) in the shop window as reputation makers. If we need a striker or two next season then that will put us right at the top of the shopping list for players.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:46:10 »

What the Doyle saga (and Yates) does do is put Wellens (and us) in the shop window as reputation makers. If we need a striker or two next season then that will put us right at the top of the shopping list for players.

Spot on #theswindonway 😁
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 19:05:10 »

Our league form without Doyle is Won 4, Drawn 1 and Lost 2, 13 GF, 8 GA.  Yates has 5 in those games with 8 goals spread out.

It's almost identical form as with Doyle - W 13, D 4, L 5, 39 GF, 23 GA.  Doyle grabbing a slightly higher % of the goals scored but less other goals being chipped in.

Basically, we have a good Manager!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #453 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 11:32:17 »

Well yesterday result proves, we needed Grant more than we needed Doyle.

I would happily get Doyle back though but that "appears" to be dead in the water.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 11:39:32 »

Our league form without Doyle is Won 4, Drawn 1 and Lost 2, 13 GF, 8 GA.  Yates has 5 in those games with 8 goals spread out.

It's almost identical form as with Doyle - W 13, D 4, L 5, 39 GF, 23 GA.  Doyle grabbing a slightly higher % of the goals scored but less other goals being chipped in.

Basically, we have a good Manager!

And good creative players

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 12:54:56 »

Well yesterday result proves, we needed Grant more than we needed Doyle.

I would happily get Doyle back though but that "appears" to be dead in the water.
Yes...I wonder..."appears"... I won't truly believe he's not coming back until I see him named on the Bradford line up on the 1st Feb...
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 13:06:02 »

Yes...I wonder..."appears"... I won't truly believe he's not coming back until I see him named on the Bradford line up on the 1st Feb...

Let us think for a few minutes about Tuesdays fixtures.

Bradford V Cheltenham
Colchester U. V Swindon

If Bradford lose and GP doesn’t score it could be a pivotal moment especially if we go to Colchester and win without Yates playing or winning without Yates scoring. That would mean that GP has played FIVE games and not scored we on the other hand have done nicely without him. So any attempt by Bowyer to scupper our season will have massively backfired. Even if it was not his intention five games and no goals for GP is disastrous.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 13:23:24 »

Let us think for a few minutes about Tuesdays fixtures.

Bradford V Cheltenham
Colchester U. V Swindon

If Bradford lose and GP doesn’t score it could be a pivotal moment especially if we go to Colchester and win without Yates playing or winning without Yates scoring. That would mean that GP has played FIVE games and not scored we on the other hand have done nicely without him. So any attempt by Bowyer to scupper our season will have massively backfired. Even if it was not his intention five games and no goals for GP is disastrous.
It would be an interesting (and very good) scenario...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #458 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 15:53:22 »

Yeah if he comes back thats great, if he doesn't we move on. It still could be on, it may well be off, nobody seems to really know!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 15:57:57 »

I think Warne actually did us a massive favour by recalling Yates

Warne "Alright Wello, has it going?"

Wellens "Yeah, not too bad Warnie. I hope you're not calling about Yatesy?"

Warne "Yeah, Oxford and Northampton have been sniffing around and our chairman said he might cash him in"

Wellens "Bollocks, why would he want to play for that piss stained scum?"

Warne "Anyway, as you're a mate I've decided to recall him for a week only and I'll bring him on for the last 5 minutes of the Peterboro' game. Then he can only play for you or us this season. What do you reckon?"

Wellens "We'll miss him, but rather it's 1-2 games than the rest of the season. I'll act all pissed off so no one gets suspicious"

Warne "Great. I'll be in touch next week then.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 16:29:04 »

Probably not too far away from the truth
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 16:58:08 »

I suspect that it may be down to him having to play for Rotherham in order for his contract extension to be triggered.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 17:17:47 »

I mentioned something similar to Gnasher, earlier in the week. Can't be arsed to find it but the line of thinking was similar. Except I said it was also to raise a motivator in us signing Doyle

RW: Oh fuck we now have no recognised striker, I'm so desperate (sic), please Mr. Bowyer can we sign Doyle and solve everyone's problems.

Of course it was tongue-in-cheek but then even Bowyer was asked by the media "Does Yates being recalled mean that Swindon will now up their interest in signing Doyle?" To which he looked awkward as the question stated the obvious. He eventually affirmed the answer to the above.

Could've been a combo of things but if it was a media foil by Wellens, we know by now, he is fairly good at toying with the media.

I still think we'll have Doyle here by end of the window. Even if he were to score on Tues. He simply does not fit into Bradford's "style". In ours, he does. Further, if Rotherham get promoted and we go up, I see no reason why we would'nt bid for Yates in the Summer.

With Doyle and Yates (plus much others), we are already L1 ready, and might I add, we could challenge for the top six too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 17:36:00 »

I mentioned something similar to Gnasher, earlier in the week. Can't be arsed to find it but the line of thinking was similar. Except I said it was also to raise a motivator in us signing Doyle

RW: Oh fuck we now have no recognised striker, I'm so desperate (sic), please Mr. Bowyer can we sign Doyle and solve everyone's problems.

Of course it was tongue-in-cheek but then even Bowyer was asked by the media "Does Yates being recalled mean that Swindon will now up their interest in signing Doyle?" To which he looked awkward as the question stated the obvious. He eventually affirmed the answer to the above.

Could've been a combo of things but if it was a media foil by Wellens, we know by now, he is fairly good at toying with the media.

I still think we'll have Doyle here by end of the window. Even if he were to score on Tues. He simply does not fit into Bradford's "style". In ours, he does. Further, if Rotherham get promoted and we go up, I see no reason why we would'nt bid for Yates in the Summer.

With Doyle and Yates (plus much others), we are already L1 ready, and might I add, we could challenge for the top six too.

Something I alluded to with an earlier post to OST (league1 ready) and I might add, for a short while I am beginning to think we could go up twice on the bounce with a solid core of the right players in place this campaign and nominal additions next.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 18:03:27 »

I think Warne actually did us a massive favour by recalling Yates

Warne "Alright Wello, has it going?"

Wellens "Yeah, not too bad Warnie. I hope you're not calling about Yatesy?"

Warne "Yeah, Oxford and Northampton have been sniffing around and our chairman said he might cash him in"

Wellens "Bollocks, why would he want to play for that piss stained scum?"

Warne "Anyway, as you're a mate I've decided to recall him for a week only and I'll bring him on for the last 5 minutes of the Peterboro' game. Then he can only play for you or us this season. What do you reckon?"

Wellens "We'll miss him, but rather it's 1-2 games than the rest of the season. I'll act all pissed off so no one gets suspicious"

Warne "Great. I'll be in touch next week then.

If Rotherham wanted to sell him or to lend him to another club Warne would have been under instruction not to play him from the chairman

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: