Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doyle and Grant  (Read 109647 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 09:44:26 »

Flitcroft with Mansfield could be a very close comparison - Bradford would have expectations of being top 3 at least this season, so the judgement is performance against that.  Once you start to under perform in the table, your level of performance is going to come under scrutiny.  He'd be safer right now if they were scoring and conceding but in the same position.  As it is, they are dull to watch and missing their target.  I think he's hung on well enough in the transfer window that they'll keep faith now.

I sometimes find myself wondering why a team in the playoffs, and in with a shout of autos, would want their manager gone.

And then I remember...

I think I would still have kept Flitcroft on if I knew it meant promotion. But I'd want rid the moment the last final whistle has been blown.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 09:51:29 »

Can somebody remind me how far ahead of us Bradford will be if (when) they win all their games in hand?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 09:55:05 »

Can somebody remind me how far ahead of us Bradford will be if (when) they win all their games in hand?

Errr, they won’t be ahead of us unless we lose 3 on the bounce and they win three on the bounce. Thy no longer have any games in hand.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 09:57:19 »

Minus 7 points ahead  Smiley
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 09:57:58 »

Errr, they won’t be ahead of us unless we lose 3 on the bounce and they win three on the bounce. Thy no longer have any games in hand.
Believe he was being sarcastic
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 09:58:05 »

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:07:41 »

Believe he was being sarcastic

Lost on me then. Needs to up his game.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:16:24 »

Apologies LL. I'll try and spell it out a bit more clearly next time.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:19:09 »

Surely its you that need the game upped?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:20:01 »

We all need to up our games except LL then  Grin
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:26:06 »

We all need to up our games except LL then  Grin

100%, you’re clearly already making progress I see.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #446 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:15:22 »

The Doyle saga has been really enjoyable as far as I’m concerned, it’s added some extra spice to an already spicy season. We couldn’t have predicted that his goal scoring return would be as wonderful as it was, and who would have thought that, after we (justifiably) bemoaned his recall back to Bradford we’d be sitting as pretty as we are? It’s panned out just as many predicted; he’d be recalled by Bowyer to appease the fans, and he’d fit in like a square peg in a round hole because he very, very clearly does not suit their style of football. They’ve cut off their nose to spite their face.

In hindsight (which is a wonderful thing, of course) Bowyer bottled the decision to leave him here. If the head ruled the heart both he and the Bradford fans would admit that taking him back was never going to work. As it happens, they haven’t even deprived a promotion rival of goals, which was one of their arguments for recalling him. Not only are we NOT rivals (they are on a slippery slope right now and are looking down the table, not up) we are still scoring at a healthy rate even without Doyle. If the ginger messiah comes back, it’s more likely to be on our terms now. I’ll be chuffed to bits if he returns, but equally I’ll keep the world’s smallest violin locked away if he doesn’t. We are on a wonderful position to go up auto one way or another, and even with Doyle, I’ll be surprised if they make the playoffs
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:32:18 »

The Doyle saga has been really enjoyable as far as I’m concerned, it’s added some extra spice to an already spicy season. We couldn’t have predicted that his goal scoring return would be as wonderful as it was, and who would have thought that, after we (justifiably) bemoaned his recall back to Bradford we’d be sitting as pretty as we are? It’s panned out just as many predicted; he’d be recalled by Bowyer to appease the fans, and he’d fit in like a square peg in a round hole because he very, very clearly does not suit their style of football. They’ve cut off their nose to spite their face.

In hindsight (which is a wonderful thing, of course) Bowyer bottled the decision to leave him here. If the head ruled the heart both he and the Bradford fans would admit that taking him back was never going to work. As it happens, they haven’t even deprived a promotion rival of goals, which was one of their arguments for recalling him. Not only are we NOT rivals (they are on a slippery slope right now and are looking down the table, not up) we are still scoring at a healthy rate even without Doyle. If the ginger messiah comes back, it’s more likely to be on our terms now. I’ll be chuffed to bits if he returns, but equally I’ll keep the world’s smallest violin locked away if he doesn’t. We are on a wonderful position to go up auto one way or another, and even with Doyle, I’ll be surprised if they make the playoffs

Well said.

I know RW has stated he's 99% sure Doyle won't be back, as has Power, but I still have a gut feeling we'll sign him by Wednesday. Bradford's promotion challenge is faltering, the manager's under huge pressure and Doyle just doesn't fit their system. They'll be keen to have the money freed up before transfer deadline day to get in players to suit the way they play.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:34:49 »

Well said.

I know RW has stated he's 99% sure Doyle won't be back, as has Power, but I still have a gut feeling we'll sign him by Wednesday. Bradford's promotion challenge is faltering, the manager's under huge pressure and Doyle just doesn't fit their system. They'll be keen to have the money freed up before transfer deadline day to get in players to suit the way they play.

Or the board sack bowyer and sanction his departure to salvage something for the piggy bank.

Edit: They are home to Nam on Tuesday, has a draw written all over it. Maybe they can bring Doyle back with them on the team bus for us to pick up from Whaddon Road.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:38:06 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:35:49 »

Should do a mutual termination, everyones a winner then Wink
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: