Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doyle and Grant  (Read 109643 times)
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 14:45:43 »

Rotherham have just had their press conference and this is the latest on Yates.

Warne on Jerry Yates situation...

"I'm not in regular contact, like every day, but we are in contact.

"I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Jerry is banging them in for Swindon. I'm well-aware of how well he's doing and I know what he can do for the team.

"We'll monitor them both and we've got the duration of the window to make a decision."
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 14:45:44 »

Now he's having a go at Eldene. What's wrong with Eldene?

Nothing per se, but IF they were to move this way, Eldene aint the place  Smiley

Once upon a time the club used to have several houses which they'd put players up in when they signed. That included 1 Shrivenham Road which was more of a hostel type thing for younger players.

Most of the houses which might have been about 4 in total were off Upham Road around Wigmore Avenue.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Wouldn't really happen now though. Not with senior pros.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 14:53:00 »

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18148256.doyle-fine-return-bradford-city-training/
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 14:56:06 »

Ahh the old, I couldn't fucking get it, so I'll counter it with "oh you were joking" line. Heard that one a lot too.

I love some of the cunts like you on here because it's almost as if life has become too serious for you. It's so easy for you "Mr long term forum poster" to be all billy big bollocks and dismissive of anyone that posts on here. Unless they are part of some insular clique. Oh how I long to have such gravitas as you Monsieur Quagmire.

That last sentence. That was sarcasm. Just so I don't have to explain to you, every time I post whether I'm being serious or not. Now go on, fuck off to your little lounge and have a wank.

Blimey, I think i touched a nerve.
As a long term poster, part of the clique and member of the lounge it’s clear my opinion is valued more highly than yours.
Flashheart

« Reply #304 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 14:56:40 »

That doesn't give much away, but I can't help wonder why Doyle himself has not been asked directly. You'd think they'd want to speak with a returning player when he's the leading goalscorer in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 14:58:05 »

The fact that's all just Bowyer talk. Quite deafening on the silence from Doyle. Just a "He's fine", depends on the tone said but to me it reads as a little dismissive.

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 15:02:30 »

There’s a few pics of him training today. Looked happy enough joking with Vaughan.

Forget it. Move on. Get some fresh faces in.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 15:11:01 »

I have to admit to not being that downbeat about losing Doyle - I may live to regret that.  I honestly think a competent striker (Yates' run in that role shows this) will knock in a few with the way we play right now.  Wellens has done a good job of creating a team that creates chances in the middle, from open play.  Yates would need a back-up, and moving him central would leave us light in the other three roles, so a couple of signings are likely needed.  But this doesn't feel like the time Shearer was taken away for example, or Fjortoft.  Players who created  opportunities out of nothing and we relied on.  The team is set-up to feed a middle man up top.  If he came back, fantastic, life is easy street, but there is a way forward for the rest of this season without him, and a successful one at that.

I can see Yates topping 20 by the end of the season, we need maybe 10 more from the rest of the team so a Bennett style player and a back-up  or even first choice forward would help that.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 15:17:52 »

Blimey, I think i touched a nerve.
As a long term poster, part of the clique and member of the lounge it’s clear my opinion is valued more highly than yours.

Not really mate. The Lounge is mostly a time honoured thing. I'm not particularly fussed about obtaining any sort of membership to an exclusive club. If your opinion is so highly valued on here then that's cool. At least you do admit there is a very insular clique here though. If I was that way inclined, I'd have joined the Masons when invited but although you do think it. I'm really not that much of a self entitled cunt.

Like long-term employees, many like to think that time served means "knows best", "better than they" or "more valued" but seldom it is that way. Is often people who "think they know best", have become complacent in their role and struggle to adapt to change or something new.  There's a good chunk of study on it and within in society too but I'm sure you're aware of that. You're an intelligent man.

That's why some become shocked or angered when they realise people they trusted have been doing the dirty for years.

Catch you later Quaggy.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 15:23:43 »

If he came back, fantastic, life is easy street...

I know how much you will "love" this song.  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 15:25:30 »

There’s a few pics of him training today. Looked happy enough joking with Vaughan.

Forget it. Move on. Get some fresh faces in.

Yep. feeling more this way now.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 15:28:11 »

Both clubs have had ample opportunity to put this saga to bed. Wellens comes out and says he still wants to sign him. Bowyer comes out with da-di-da manager speak.

All STFC have to say is ‘Doyle has returned to Bradford and we are now actively seeking his replacement’

All Bradford have to say ‘Doyle is back with us and we intend for him to see out his remaining contract here’.

There must be something possible otherwise all this nonsense would have been put to bed.
Flashheart

« Reply #312 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 15:30:46 »

Bowyer's comments today amounted to: "no comment"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 15:37:13 »

yup.
Flashheart

« Reply #314 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 17:13:39 »

According to a Bradford journo, we have not made a bid for Doyle.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: