Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doyle and Grant  (Read 109613 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 21:16:47 »

The bloke arrives on top form.Bowyer would be mad not to accommodate him,even if he has to alter his style

There's always the hope that he tries this, fails miserably and derails their promotion challenge in the process.

Plenty of reasons to suggest that this could end badly for Bradford...which makes me think that recalling him could simply be a negotiating tactic.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 21:18:14 »

I didn't realise you'd crossed over to the dark side.  Starwars

Even if I accept your premise, you get massively marked down for using an American dictionary to make a point about English usage.
Pfft, we are the 51st state now and the sooner everyone gets used to that the better.

If you'd looked you'd see their main citation for usage is from the TLS:

Quote from: Some Yankee Dictionary
If he compromised himself, then it was because of his political ignorance and naivety. — The Times Literary Supplement (London)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 21:22:50 »

can we not be the bradford forum where everytime he scores for them there are another 2 pages of sulky chat. happy to delete this thread to be honest and focus on transfer rumours

he isnt our player anymore excited for some signings.
Flashheart

« Reply #273 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 07:58:08 »

Doyle has not yet used twitter to say goodbye to fans, nor has he changed his profile (it still says he is a Swindon player).

And he has been online. He's 'liked' two separate comments 4 hours apart.

Make of that what you will.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 08:30:49 »

No point changing it for the sake of a couple of weeks  Wink
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 08:36:09 »

Doyle has not yet used twitter to say goodbye to fans, nor has he changed his profile (it still says he is a Swindon player).

And he has been online. He's 'liked' two separate comments 4 hours apart.

Make of that what you will.

I've been regularly checking his Twitter account for that very same reason. Until he's paraded in front of the Yorkshire press, affirming his desire replicate his goal scoring feats at Bradford, then I remain hopeful he'll return.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 08:51:19 »

In my even more desperate straw clutching I notice his wife has reacted with sadness at her husbands departure. Do your thing, Mrs. Doyle.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 09:48:32 »

I'm in two minds... for Bradford to get the best out of him, they'll have to change their style of play. That's a massive risk, as we saw last year when Wellens took over, trying to change the ethos of a team mid-season is very, very difficult. If they do attempt it and they struggle, the pressure will only ramp up on them. However, I can't see Bradford or their fans being happy at losing a striker to a promotion rival at this stage, it'd be PR suicide for them if Doyle signs for us, continues to bang them in and we get promoted. Surely they're just gonna hang on to him until his contract is up?

My kids were properly gutted this morning when I told them he'd been recalled as well.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 09:57:48 »

I'm in two minds... for Bradford to get the best out of him, they'll have to change their style of play. That's a massive risk, as we saw last year when Wellens took over, trying to change the ethos of a team mid-season is very, very difficult. If they do attempt it and they struggle, the pressure will only ramp up on them. However, I can't see Bradford or their fans being happy at losing a striker to a promotion rival at this stage, it'd be PR suicide for them if Doyle signs for us, continues to bang them in and we get promoted. Surely they're just gonna hang on to him until his contract is up?

I think that that argument would be a lot stronger if Bradford were mid-table.  In such a scenario, they would have little to lose in recalling him and changing around the way they played - but with lots of potential upside.

But...they are in the mix already.  They already have a promotion challenge underway.  And in trying to change things around, they may just f*** it up.  The risk that having him scoring freely for us boosts our promotion bid is more or less negated by the prospect that he might also take points off other promotion rivals in the process.  I'm not hanging all my hopes on this.  After all, he is just one player and we have a decent squad this season.  But this doesn't feel over yet to me.  We'll get a clearer idea after this weekend when we see how Bradford line up.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:03:58 »

In my even more desperate straw clutching I notice his wife has reacted with sadness at her husbands departure. Do your thing, Mrs. Doyle.
Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on now.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:06:50 by pauld » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:33:38 »

I understand the possible PR disaster for Bradford. But they do have an ‘out’.

They’ve recalled Doyle - appease the fans - then after a while they can announce that despite their best efforts it has become clear Doyle has no desire to play for them and they do not wish to keep an unhappy player.

Blame gets heaped on Doyle.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:47:02 »

Nothing to discuss on this now, just wait and see what the next development is.

That will probably be Saturday when Bradford’s lineup is announced, if he starts then that’s that.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:56:54 »

Nothing to discuss on this now, just wait and see what the next development is.

That will probably be Saturday when Bradford’s lineup is announced, if he starts then that’s that.

Don't think it's ever that cut and dry as he started both games before he signed for us... but the more I think about it, the more it doesn't make sense for Bradford to let us sign him. I've got a feeling he'll go back there and do well too.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:08:37 »

She's also liked a lot of STFC related stuff, since the announcement. Yet no display of joy at him being back at Bradford!? It does seem very strange, considering Bradford is his parent club and we are just little Swindon, who can only afford to pay some of his wages (according to some Bradford fans). Make of it what you will Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:26:39 »

She's also liked a lot of STFC related stuff, since the announcement. Yet no display of joy at him being back at Bradford!? It does seem very strange, considering Bradford is his parent club and we are just little Swindon, who can only afford to pay some of his wages (according to some Bradford fans). Make of it what you will Hmmm

She's not in the negotiation and you're overthinking it. If we're looking into Doyle's wife's emotional state then this thread is waaaay too long.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: