Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doyle and Grant  (Read 110631 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 17:18:37 »

Still convinced this is just a game plan,  deprive us of him for a few games then let him return at the last minute.
Don't reckon he'll even show his face at Valley Parade, all a paperwork exercise to save Bowyer face, he'll be sat at home waiting for the nod to return.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 17:36:38 »

I think you're right in the sense of a deal will be done but in a physical sense, I think Doyle will be at Valley Parade or their training ground. Still reckon their will be a team news report from them saying he has a calf strain/slight knock/dead leg etc.

If he plays or is in the squad on Saturday, I might be tempted to watch the Bradford Match just to be a saddo.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 17:39:28 »

Be off with your continental ways or I'll set Reg on you. The anglicised version is now an accepted spelling:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/naivety

But this is a distraction from the key point which is that Chang is, as ever, wrong.

I didn't realise you'd crossed over to the dark side.  Starwars

Even if I accept your premise, you get massively marked down for using an American dictionary to make a point about English usage.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 17:44:08 »

I can’t think of a situation where any player who has publicly stated he doesn’t want to be at a club hasn’t, eventually, got his way.

Now, Bradford may well be able to just say ‘sod it’ and leave him rotting til June. Doubt they could afford to, though.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 17:45:17 »

Given his comments, Bowyer is going to look a bit of a twat if Doyle ends up coming back here.

A seamless change of playing system / style at L2 level, to accommodate one player, is much easier said than done I suspect.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 17:47:12 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 17:49:33 »

I agree with those who think Doyle could be back at the CG before 31 Jan.
It is highly unusual for a player to be so vocal about which club he wanted to play at in this circumstance - the normal approach would have been equivocation about the decision not being his, in order to avoid burning bridges with Bowyer and the Bradford supporters.
His public statements in interviews that he didn’t want to be at Bradford make it very likely that their fans will get on his back if he plays a few games and doesn’t score - quite possible given the way they play if last weekend is a fair reflection of their style (or lack of it).

If he doesn’t come back we need to trust that RW and PJ have suitable alternatives lined up. As I have said on previous threads, Yates is the player I would not want to see departing now, as his all round hold up and linking play is a critical part of our style.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 18:01:17 »

I think people who over-estimate Doyle's role in this decision are being naïve. There are plenty of examples of players with rather more clout than him being refused a move. If he's told to put Swindon out of his mind for the next five months, after which he can have his choice of clubs, then I'm sure he's professional enough to buckle down and do a job, particularly now his stock has risen considerably at Bradford. Having read that in-depth article about his motivations the other day, I'm sure he'll be more aware than anyone that stocks can go down as well as up, and the better he does this year, the wider his next set of options.

Don't get your hopes up on the basis of anything he's said previously. That's not relevant now. Just be pleasantly surprised if the move comes off.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 19:12:56 »

Wellens said

“We will see what happens in terms of getting Doyle back.

“Eoin has come out and said where he wants to be, how he feels.

“So we’ll just see what happens over the next couple of days, maybe the next week and then we’ll go from there."

Interesting that he mentioned a couple of days, as he's only just been recalled. Hopefully we may the Ginger Pele in a Swindon shirt before the month's out.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 19:40:40 »

I think people who over-estimate Doyle's role in this decision are being naïve. There are plenty of examples of players with rather more clout than him being refused a move. If he's told to put Swindon out of his mind for the next five months, after which he can have his choice of clubs, then I'm sure he's professional enough to buckle down and do a job, particularly now his stock has risen considerably at Bradford. Having read that in-depth article about his motivations the other day, I'm sure he'll be more aware than anyone that stocks can go down as well as up, and the better he does this year, the wider his next set of options.

Don't get your hopes up on the basis of anything he's said previously. That's not relevant now. Just be pleasantly surprised if the move comes off.

Totally agree, if he starts Saturday I’d expect to give nothing less than 100%, comes across as a model pro
Flashheart

« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 19:41:54 »

I keep on flipping between he's definitely gone and he's definitely coming back.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 20:04:43 »

He's definitely gone coming back.

Fixed...kinda  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 20:34:26 »

Well we are at that point now where we know Doyle has been recalled or gone back if you like. So Bowyer is now backed into a bit of a corner. He either plays him or he doesn’t. If he doesn’t it looks at best very awkward. If he does he then has two choices in the way they set up, either accommodate him and play the way we did or shoehorn him into their existing set up. Either way could work but one way didn’t hence his loan. The conundrum is added to by Doyle’s proclaimed desire to stay here.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 20:41:48 »

I’ve much the same relationship with this debate as Brexit. Remain, Leave, bullshit everywhere, dicks on the other side, a sense of dread at the outcome and an inability to stop reading about it. Gingexit.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 20:43:55 »

The bloke arrives on top form.Bowyer would be mad not to accommodate him,even if he has to alter his style

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 20:44:10 »

I think it's time to look ahead rather than dwell too much on what Bradford might do now that they have recalled their player.  

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: