Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doyle and Grant  (Read 110554 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 12:44:05 »

In Wellens (And Jewel) we trust.

I very much doubt that we'll replace all of Doyle's goals, but we will at least replace some of them. His replacement might contribute more in other ways as well.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 12:47:12 »

This is just the next stage in a big game of poker. They didn’t want him to remain here on his current loan terms so have recalled him, was always going to happen as they need to save face. Now it’s down to us to put an improved deal in place that suits both parties, that said if they are trying to rip us off based on perceived desperation then we should just walk away.

Ultimately Doyle isn’t a piece of machinery, if he goes back there and his heart isn’t in it then he’s not going to perform. I still have a feeling he will be back!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 12:48:36 »

Wellens and Jewell’s signings have generally hit since they joined - keep Yates, and get another striker in.

We got Robinson In last year, and he averaged almost a goal every other game in a team that was far more stodgy(shit) than this. Get similar this jan and we’ll go up

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 12:50:03 »

My wrath’s really not very scary, and I suspect that on a day when willy-waving has hit the news, you won’t be caught giving it large on the Bradford forum.

(Isn’t there a very large willy somewhere near Blandford Forum though?)

Interestingly, I've loads of relos on the father's side who were born and brought up in Cerne Abbas and are buried there, particularly in the 18th Century.... 
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 12:53:23 »

I think if you're a Bradford fan you do. But Bowyer clearly doesn't want to, and I'm hoping their board have got a bit more nouse than that. They'd be far better off cashing in on an asset who only has value they can realise to us, now, in this window

That’s not how their article reads. Bowyer sounds as if he’s got a new toy that he can’t wait to play with. Never mind that it’s a biomolecular chemistry set and he struggles with Lego.

At this point, it’d *almost* be funny if he broke him on Saturday.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 12:54:25 »

Interestingly, I've loads of relos on the father's side who were born and brought up in Cerne Abbas and are buried there, particularly in the 18th Century.... 
Not now Reg
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 12:56:18 »

Could work out great. Goes back to Bradford has the life sucked out of him by Bowyer again and then comes back here full of motivation and happy to get away and bangs in the goals again. One can hope...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 12:56:43 »

Only you could find such an obscure use of the term “interestingly”.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 13:01:40 »

Wish him well. Must be due a goal drought now.

Hopefully Wellens will put everyone at ease in the press conference this week.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
REDBUCK

« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 13:02:30 »

Shame, hopefully not one to add to the Shearer, Flortoft, Austin and Ritchie list
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 13:04:00 »

Bradford fans do seem to have delusions of grandeur

I come from a land down-under
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 13:07:42 »

Shame, hopefully not one to add to the Shearer, Flortoft, Austin and Ritchie list

Difference is he was never ours. If someone had said do you want 23 goals by Jan, we’d have bitten their arm off. If that’s all we get, then we can bank that. The success of the season’s plan will really depend on what happens next. Particularly if Yates goes too, which is far from inconceivable.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 13:09:59 »

Bugger and blast.

Nobody could forsee him scoring 23 goals when we signed him on loan. Most productive loan signing ever?

But c'est la vie. Live by the loan, die by the loan.

Bring on the next one and keep your fingers crossed (and that yates isn't recalled).
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 13:11:58 »

We still have (for now) the second highest scorer in this league.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 13:12:16 »

Bradford are a strikers graveyard, other than Wells I don’t think they’ve had any high scorers for a long time.

In the last decade alone we’ve had Paynter, Austin, Williams, Ajose and now Doyle. We always find someone else, we’ll be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: