Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doyle and Grant  (Read 109676 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 15:16:22 »

I don't. I think recalling him might be quite a clever move from Bradford's pov, whatever happens next. Ups the pressure on us to either table a bid or renegotiate more favourable loan terms. And gives them the rest of the month to sort it out, while he remains unavailable, and we hopefully become increasingly desperate. We're in a hurry, not them. Probably plays well with their fans. Might work, might not, but you can see their interest in it.

I've worded my thoughts better on the 'Bantams view on Doyle situation' thread. I meant to further it when I wrote the above but either couldn't be arsed/got sidetracked.

I agree that it's designed to force our hand a little more. I still think the "recall" if it happens is still a formality towards Doyle signing for us. It just, as you allude to, makes it look like Bradford have shown interest in keeping him. Which of course would appease the fans somewhat when he does eventually sign for us.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 15:34:29 »

I don't. I think recalling him might be quite a clever move from Bradford's pov, whatever happens next. Ups the pressure on us to either table a bid or renegotiate more favourable loan terms. And gives them the rest of the month to sort it out, while he remains unavailable, and we hopefully become increasingly desperate. We're in a hurry, not them. Probably plays well with their fans. Might work, might not, but you can see their interest in it.
Yes, but it could backfire on them,  should we bring in another striker that fills Doyles boots not only are they stuck with a player that doesn't want to play for them, they also have a large wage bill to pay,  plus he can walk away at the end of the season and they make nothing.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 15:40:08 »

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during these discussions.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 15:45:19 »

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during these discussions.

Probably closer to 'The Thick of It' than anything else. Someone will be losing their shit, someone will be calm and someone will have no idea what the fuck is going on.

In the words of Tucker.. "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up cause that cunt's a cunt."

'Incessant Nonsense'

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 15:48:11 »

I assume that this is all down to Power's lack of ambition and inability to put his hand in his pocket etc etc?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 15:49:17 »

I assume that this is all down to Power's lack of ambition and inability to put his hand in his pocket etc etc?
Naturally.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
woolster

« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:03:14 »

https://twitter.com/Swindon_Live/status/1214547561249476609/photo/1  Hmmm
Flashheart

« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:05:06 »

It's from a parody account.
woolster

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:08:06 »

It's from a parody account.
I did womder
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:19:12 »

I hadn't really noticed what an uptick in attendances we've had this season until just now - there really should be some decent wriggle room in the wage cap given we'd have submitted this years income based on estimates in the 6k attendance per game range I imagine.
Flashheart

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:23:29 »

I hadn't really noticed what an uptick in attendances we've had this season until just now - there really should be some decent wriggle room in the wage cap given we'd have submitted this years income based on estimates in the 6k attendance per game range I imagine.

Wellens has said there is extra money available.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:26:12 »

Yes Power said our break even (for the budget) season average figure is 6k the rest is extra, also there is said to be funds available from the sale of the youth teamer Ifill to Brighton and there could be extra is Derby sell Bogle too.

And yes Wellens said there are some extra funds there for players a week or so ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:36:02 »

Wellens has said there is extra money available.

I had seen that but hadn't really seen the potential - 2k extra is a 33% rise if we assumed 6k.  That's not insignificant.  Add in letting a few players go, I'm now looking forward to the next few weeks.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:36:46 »

https://twitter.com/SkyBet/status/1214267893514305537

Just look at those beautiful assists  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:40:44 »

I had seen that but hadn't really seen the potential - 2k extra is a 33% rise if we assumed 6k.  That's not insignificant.  Add in letting a few players go, I'm now looking forward to the next few weeks.

And the good thing about the numbers over the budgeted 6000 is that they're worth more per head than the original calculation, which was based on 50%+ ST-holders. #loadsamoney

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: