Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doyle and Grant  (Read 109624 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:19:17 »

Pitman certainly fits the bill, been told he can leave, wants to stay in the South West but Plymouth have a lot more financial muscle than us and have a step ahead.

But in our favour, Swindon is closer to his home in Bournemouth, we are top of the league, he may well know Rose, Isgrove, Hunt and Bennett (if he comes in).

I don’t think he does fit the bill, Pitman is very slow and immobile. We used Doyle to run the channels and Doyle did a lot of closing down and work off the ball and I couldn’t ever see Pitman doing that.

Anyway we need to wait for confirmation, judging by his Instagram Doyle is at home today.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:28:14 »

I don’t think he does fit the bill, Pitman is very slow and immobile. We used Doyle to run the channels and Doyle did a lot of closing down and work off the ball and I couldn’t ever see Pitman doing that.

Anyway we need to wait for confirmation, judging by his Instagram Doyle is at home today.
Oh there is no doubt that Pitman will not play the same game as Doyle who plays the channels well and chases down a lot.

But Pitman has a good footballing brain and knows where the goal is, which is what we need, we have enough players with pace in the team to do the running for him as long as hes in the right place at the right time to put them in the net.

No matter which player sign to replace Doyle (if he does indeed leave which we still don't know for sure) we will need to play differently to get the best out of them, Doyle fitted straight in and quickly but any possible replacement may not do so quickly.

McNulty would be a good signing if Sunderland do send him back to Reading and then Reading agree sending him to us, he would be nearer the Doyle style and he does know where the goal is but relies a fair bit on penalties to suppliment his goal tally.

Its all conjecture anyway for now.

I would like it sorted before we play Crewe on Saturday though no matter what so we can get in new bodies or set up to play with the ones we have got.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:32:27 »

Maybe he’s been recalled, ending the present loan agreement, only to get resurrected later on. If Artell knew Saturday then we obviously did as well. I presume a replacement has already been lined up plus a young loanee from Bristol City.

Either way, we’re fine.
Flashheart

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:33:50 »

Somebody was insistent the deadline for the recall was today. If they were correct, then Doyle would have to be recalled regardless. Unless he was staying on loan.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:34:13 »

Oh there is no doubt that Pitman will not play the same game as Doyle who plays the channels well and chases down a lot.

But Pitman has a good footballing brain and knows where the goal is, which is what we need, we have enough players with pace in the team to do the running for him as long as hes in the right place at the right time to put them in the net.

No matter which player sign to replace Doyle (if he does indeed leave which we still don't know for sure) we will need to play differently to get the best out of them, Doyle fitted straight in and quickly but any possible replacement may not do so quickly.

McNulty would be a good signing if Sunderland do send him back to Reading and then Reading agree sending him to us, he would be nearer the Doyle style and he does know where the goal is but relies a fair bit on penalties to suppliment his goal tally.

Its all conjecture anyway for now.

I would like it sorted before we play Crewe on Saturday though no matter what so we can get in new bodies or set up to play with the ones we have got.

He might have a footballing brain but he doesn't have a footballers body anymore and last thing we need is more fitness issues. The last photo I saw on him he was a right fat knacker and looks like he'd need a whole load of fitness training as well as integration into the team.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:37:06 »

Pompey mate at work says Pitman cannot play a full 90.

Doing Coaching badges too.

Clems Army!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:37:33 »

Adver have now picked up the Artell story - https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18142672.crewe-alexandra-boss-david-artell-tells-cheshire-live-reporters-swindon-town-striker-eoin-doyle-set-return-parent-club-bradford-city-weekend/

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:37:42 »

I think Doyle will be recalled as a short-term measure so Town will have to go on without him for a few games but also allowing the two teams to negotiate without him scoring goals and adding to the noise from fans and local press.

If he really wants the move to Swindon then Doyle will need 'to do his bit' throughout January to force the move.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:40:19 »

We don't actually know if he is going or not yet, let's not jump the gun...
Very true,  and even if he has been recalled it could be just to deprive us of his services for the next few games,  nothing to say he won't be a permanent signing on the last day of the transfer window. Can't see him playing for Bradford again after hi s recent comments,  this is probably just a paper exercise to save face,  he probably won't even physically attend Valley Parade again.  Just sit at home until they let him return.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:43:39 »

https://t.co/jLQN1no3Jl

Too much noise now - I think he's gone (for now).

Is this the same Bradford that will be playing Crewe on 13th April?.... Yeah so don’t worry mate, he won’t be playing against you for Swindon but will be against us.....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:44:16 »

Somebody was insistent the deadline for the recall was today. If they were correct, then Doyle would have to be recalled regardless. Unless he was staying on loan.

I thought today was the first day they could recall him.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:47:48 »

Just looked back at what Doyle has said about any possible recall.

‘Hopefully, I’ll be back playing in February’.

Almost as if he knew he wouldn’t be doing much for anyone in January.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:48:13 »

Pompey mate at work says Pitman cannot play a full 90.

Doing Coaching badges too.

He looked a very long way from a 20-goals-a-season striker in the article from the Pompey press this week.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:53:28 »

This is what he said to the BBC

Asked about potentially being recalled, Doyle told BBC Points West: "Hopefully, come February, I will still be here."

Just seems a strange thing to say.
Flashheart

« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 12:56:45 »

I  think he'll just be referring to the window closing then.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: