Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doyle and Grant  (Read 109652 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, November 14, 2019, 10:09:56 »

Corrected for you.

I don't think Robert Lewondoski is eligible to be honest.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 14, 2019, 10:25:17 »

Bizarre, considering they did a piece and interview with him just this week
Will have been done by different journos though, not like Sky have an editorial "line" for League 2. Other than possibly "Who cares?"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 14, 2019, 10:34:22 »

Would make a great detective duo!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, November 25, 2019, 07:49:48 »

If Grant leaves we can get by with what we have (assuming they stay fit).
My guess. Caddis is Grant’s replacement.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, November 25, 2019, 09:35:49 »

I think your guess is wrong
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, November 25, 2019, 09:49:24 »

Hope so.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, November 25, 2019, 12:13:49 »

If that was the case, it would make no sense to give Caddis a contract that ends the same month as Grants loan.
I think Caddis was brought it simply because we don’t have any depth at full back, or any quality back up, Iandolo and Reid don’t seem up to it should Hunt or Donohue get injured.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 25, 2019, 12:15:43 by Quagmire » Logged
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, November 25, 2019, 12:25:02 »

If that was the case, it would make no sense to give Caddis a contract that ends the same month as Grants loan.
I think Caddis was brought it simply because we don’t have any depth at full back, or any quality back up, Iandolo and Reid don’t seem up to it should Hunt or Donohue get injured.

Yep, we should really keep our expectations in check here.

Take away the name, and we've signed a full back in his 30s who has only played a total of 50 lower league / cup games over the last 3.5 years, and has just gone for several months without a club.

Fair play, he played his part in a winning team on Saturday in the absence of a strong recent regular - despite apparently struggling to keep the pace before half time (I wasn't there and am just going on the comments of others).

But, with a 2 week break before we next play, I would be very reluctant to drop either of our 2 strong and consistent fullbacks in order to keep him in the side.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, November 25, 2019, 14:28:15 »

Caddis is an absolutely fantastic addition to the squad and could play a number of positions if called upon but I would agree that he's not a Grant replacement.

My personal view is that Power is more invested in this team (financially, emotionally and on any other level you can think of) than at any other time. He's going to do everything he possibly can to keep Doyle and Grant until the end of the season at least. I believe he'll pull it off.

Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, November 25, 2019, 20:04:32 »

Caddis is an absolutely fantastic addition to the squad and could play a number of positions if called upon but I would agree that he's not a Grant replacement.

I agree and Caddis could play the Matty Taylor type role at full back or in midfield. He certainly gave us good crosses and dead balls from the right hand side. He was noticeable as we closed out the game by getting in good positions and directing others where to go.

If the Donohue contract doesn't get approved immediately, I would guess that might roll onto the transfer window so Caddis will be needed somewhere in the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960F
Panda Paws

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 08:54:37 »

I agree and Caddis could play the Matty Taylor type role at full back or in midfield.

God help us then.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 10:13:00 »

God help us then.

Reminds me of the story from long ago about a church in Liverpool. There was a sign outside the church saying "How can God help Liverpool?"

Someone wrote underneath "Move Ian St. John to centre forward!"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:07:59 »

Reminds me of the story from long ago about a church in Liverpool. There was a sign outside the church saying "How can God help Liverpool?"

Someone wrote underneath "Move Ian St. John to centre forward!"
Like the graffiti on the church poster that said "Jesus Saves" and someone had scrawled underneath "And Fowler scores from the rebound"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:35:41 »

Like the graffiti on the church poster that said "Jesus Saves" and someone had scrawled underneath "And Fowler scores from the rebound"

Bringing it back to Swindon a bit, wasn't there one about Hoddle finding god, and what a pass that must have been.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 13:03:00 »

not really. God is omnivorous.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: