Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA cup rd 1 - Cheltenham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 49706 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 18:40:35 »

Thinking back this is where RW was slightly lacking in game management. In the same situation the older experienced managers would have killed the game by bringing on a sub. wasting a bit of time and taken the heat out of the game. Not too worried as the performance sounded good which matters more.

There was a player stripped off ready to come on when they scored...

Numb were beyond lucky today, Doughty couldn't buy a foul, the lino by the Town fans was useless, Woolery lacked an end product as always, Rose battled well, DJ was fucked by 80mins, Benda was a little shakey and needs to work on his communication.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 19:41:16 »

typical town at Cheltenham. just bloody typical.

Listened to the last quarter of the match in the car. Was gutted to have missed our first win. Which lasted all of 30 seconds. FFS!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 19:48:44 »

That’s harsh on Woolery. Worked his balls off today.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 19:53:04 »

A totally dominant performance, deserved to win and gives me confidence that if Doyle and Grant are recalled in January, we can still push for automatic promotion. Rose , Lyden and Doughty ran the show and the back 4 were very impressive in playing out., particularly Baudry and Fryers who must be the best technically centre back pairing in L2. Doughty was back to his best and is definitely suited to playing ahead of 2 holding midfielders. DJ looked dangerous and Woolery was showed plenty of endeavour, some excellent runs with just the end product lacking. Special mention to Yates, tremendous attitude and workrate and kept persevering after missing a couple of gilt edged chances. Oh and the away support was fantastic.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 19:59:12 »

That’s harsh on Woolery. Worked his balls off today.

Oh he huffs and puffs away, I can't fault that, but there is *zero* end product, whether he drags a decent chance wide of the near post, or is indecisive and loses the ball, or a poor pass. I'd love him to come good, but there's just something missing.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 20:30:05 »

Can't remember the last time we won a replay though.

I remember a Lingy getting a winner in the last minute in a midweek game v Oldham, but looking back it wasn't a replay just played on a Monday night. So could it go as far back as winning at Carrow Road under Macari....

Looking further back the season after Norwich we beat Pompey at the CG having drawn there in 88/89, then in 90/91 we beat Orient having drawn at Brisbane Road.... only defeats since and some horrible ones in amongst those  Sad
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 20:47:31 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 20:42:53 »

No Doyle, Grant, Isgrove, Anderson, nailed on pen ignored, goal disallowed and we battered them second half. And the minute or so after we scored was the kind of pure joy you can only experience at football. Taking a lot of positives from that.
woolster

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 20:49:00 »

I remember a Lingy getting a winner in the last minute in a midweek game v Oldham, but looking back it wasn't a replay just played on a Monday night. So could it go as far back as winning at Carrow Road under Macari....
I was there that night, my god I'm fucking getting old Pint
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 20:55:03 »

I was there that night, my god I'm fucking getting old Pint

Fair play it was a good turn out from Town midweek at the arse end of the country. 

I remember there was a highlights package on ITV.... we had a decent side.
REDBUCK

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 21:09:45 »

Oh he huffs and puffs away, I can't fault that, but there is *zero* end product, whether he drags a decent chance wide of the near post, or is indecisive and loses the ball, or a poor pass. I'd love him to come good, but there's just something missing.

A footballing brain
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 21:51:26 »

Overheard a Cheltenham fan describe our fans celebrations as "pathetic and laughable" which rather sums up their fanbase quite well I thought. Shame for them that they will never have any sort of following to experience such things

I come from a land down-under
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 22:01:34 »

Overheard a Cheltenham fan describe our fans celebrations as "pathetic and laughable" which rather sums up their fanbase quite well I thought. Shame for them that they will never have any sort of following to experience such things

I dunno - maybe not this season but like the Town fans they’ve probably experienced a fair few defeats at Whaddon Road...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, November 10, 2019, 07:59:12 »

No Doyle, Grant, Isgrove, Anderson, nailed on pen ignored, goal disallowed and we battered them second half. And the minute or so after we scored was the kind of pure joy you can only experience at football. Taking a lot of positives from that.
I expect a lot of us feared the worst with those 4 missing. Very reassuring there is life after Doyle et al!

Wellens is off to watch BRovers v Bromley today. Can’t think it’s anything to do with Tuesday’s Winky Wanky Cup game. Is Bennett still on his radar? Is there a possible Doyle replacement on view? I hope he’s not looking at Tom Nichols.

At least with those 4 not in the squad yesterday Wellens can, legitimately, field a weak side against BRovers.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 10, 2019, 08:02:51 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, November 10, 2019, 09:54:09 »

Highlights up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50290292

We might've bossed it, but that's an awful goal to concede.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, November 10, 2019, 09:57:39 »

Seems like the desperate defensive lunges didn't help Benda either.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: