Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA cup rd 1 - Cheltenham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 49486 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 16:52:33 »

Cheltenham will get ripped a new one at the GC.
General Custer?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 16:55:06 »

Sounds back for post match
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 16:55:12 »

Ha. They haven't managed to start the second half at Accrington v Crewe yet due to two injuries to officials. They got a sniper up there or something?  Grin

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 16:55:58 »

Better result than expected but do we really relish another midweek game ?.

We do  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 17:00:05 »

Classic  Smiley

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 17:04:19 »

Wellens:
- We're cursed here! We were very very good today
- Honestly don't think we switched off. The lad's shanked it, it's ricocheted in, it's the only way they were going to score today
- Should've been two goals up at h-t: Kaiyne should be running more directly on goal, then Jerry's missed the easiest chance of the game with a header off the bar
- We were so dominant cos we're a good team. We played really well, some very good performances out there.
- If I have Doyle, Isgrove and Anderson, think of the subs I can make. Take nothing away from this side, that's very encouraging
- Donohue's contract ends tomorrow, so we'll obviously be trying to do something there. He's played for Mansfield, so unless they want him unemployed there, I'd say we're ten lengths clear in getting him signed.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 17:29:19 »

Great interview with Jerry Yates. “I’m not the brightest, I don’t know what “imposed” means.”

No contest in Yates Bingo though:
Like I say 13 - Obviously 4

Cue brutal outro from Hodgetts: “Jerry Yates letting his football do the talking.” 

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 17:37:19 »

General Custer?

Similar.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 17:41:47 »

The Crewe game sounds fun. Two officials injured, restarted with a linesman reffing and one assistant ref. About to be added time, and both teams are being absolutely brutal to the new ref. Wonder who will decide how many added minutes...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 17:43:59 »

Better result than expected but do we really relish another midweek game ?.

You don't....round Dodger!

On text it sounds criminal but listening to the post match we were perhaps unlucky...

Midweek at Fortress Swindon and in the hat with Pox at home the incentive....we hope..

Clems Army!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 17:44:31 »

Anyway, we’re in the hat on Monday for the first time in a long time. So 330 minutes away from giant killing again. Generating some £££ for Mr. Power to a) strengthen the squad b) defer spending blaming need to reduce debt c) stashing the cash in his personal account citing director dividends or interest on loans. Delete any to suit your story.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 17:50:37 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 17:57:19 »

We were really good. Patient, methodical and controlled the game until the bloody up and under that got us.

They really should have scored at the death too which is probably why I'm not too disappointed. Had he conceded two after Yates' goal it would have been beyond robbery
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 18:11:16 »

Got to laugh really.

Very good performance that.
Just have to finish the job in the replay.

Can't remember the last time we won a replay though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 18:17:02 »

Anyway, we’re in the hat on Monday for the first time in a long time.

Yes..... since last season  Roll Eyes
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 18:27:34 »

Thinking back this is where RW was slightly lacking in game management. In the same situation the older experienced managers would have killed the game by bringing on a sub. wasting a bit of time and taken the heat out of the game. Not too worried as the performance sounded good which matters more.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: