Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Michael Doughty  (Read 5509 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 18:55:55 »

Swindons Pirlo. I mentioned this last season as there was clear correlation to wins and starts for him. It's carried on again.

Games Started P8 W5 D2 L1 (The great Northampton Robbery)
PPG 2.1

Games Without P5 W1 D1 L3
PPG 0.8

I wouldnt even say he's playing his best, I dont like him that deep but it's clearly his assigned job and it keeps the team ticking with his passing and movement. We talk about the importance of the new boys Isgrove, Doyle and Grant but he is right up there and it can't be coincidence its happened again.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 4, 2019, 19:10:43 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 19:12:20 »

Good stat. The question is how we squeeze Doughty, Grant and Lyden in. It probably means Yates playing wider in a 4-3-3/4-5-1. A diamond removes the wide men. Nice problem to have.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 19:13:05 »

Either that, or we played some right old shite teams with him in the side and lost to the better teams when he wasn’t playing.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 19:35:30 »

I was sitting in front of someone Saturday talking a pile of crap; including saying how more points we got when Doughty wasn't in the side. Couldn't be bothered to correct them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 11:18:46 »

Good stat. The question is how we squeeze Doughty, Grant and Lyden in. It probably means Yates playing wider in a 4-3-3/4-5-1. A diamond removes the wide men. Nice problem to have.

To get our strongest midfield on the pitch you have to go 4-2-3-1 and sacrifice Yates

Lyden & Grant as the 2

Isgrove - Doughty - Anderson as the 3
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 11:40:33 »

My fave player. Not hit the heights of last season yet(goals wise, but is playing deeper)Still think he has the most quality/creativity in our squad, isgrove close behind.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 20:01:58 »

I disagree with DV.
I think Yates is integral to our way of playing - his work rate, holding the ball up and bringing others into play is underrated by some. On Saturday he played wider after Anderson went off and did a good job in that position.
I’d also play Lyden further forward - his vision and first time passes will create chances there. Doughty has a wider range of longer passes which are particularly useful for quick counter attacks. Neither Doughty nor Lyden are particularly quick and don’t appear to like running at defenders (unlike Anderson, Isgrove and Yates.

It’s probably academic anyway to some extent as with injuries and suspensions we will probably be fitting in those who are fit and available most of the time.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 22:09:44 »

And that’s without even mentioning Danny Rose. Less than a year ago we thought McGilp was this year’s hope.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 07:27:36 »

To get our strongest midfield on the pitch you have to go 4-2-3-1 and sacrifice Yates

Lyden & Grant as the 2

Isgrove - Doughty - Anderson as the 3

Doughty isn’t a 10 or a 4 (deep lying centre mid) where he’s been playing recently in a 442. Would be great to see him at 8/attacking centre mid - as he was second half v Crawley in 433

Yates has to start. With isgrove and Anderson’s fitness there will always be some natural interchange there.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 20:14:21 »

Doughty isn’t a 10 or a 4 (deep lying centre mid) where he’s been playing recently in a 442. Would be great to see him at 8/attacking centre mid - as he was second half v Crawley in 433

Yates has to start. With isgrove and Anderson’s fitness there will always be some natural interchange there.

I'd agree Doughty is capable of making runs in the box and getting shots off, at the moment playing deeper he cant do that.

Didn't he end up leaving P'Boro due to playing out of position and not enjoying his football there
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: