Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 51999 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 07:33:07 »

Great result, good crowd, ok performance, shit weather seems to be the consensus.

I'll take that. 

More nervous about Jan Doyle recall than most people seem to be.  Take point about Bradford wage bill and being 2nd not 8th but the latter can easily change in this yo-yo division.  Has a bit of a Duncan Shearer feel to me.

I didn't realise he can't go to a third club in one season even if they are selling him.  I thought that rule was just for loans.  That certainly helps.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 07:42:47 »

No Anderson or Isgrove for the foreseeable future begs the question where the creativity is going to come from.

I’m unconvinced by DJ so far - albeit he hasn’t played much. Woolery is Woolery. Doughty seems to be a bit off the pace.

Be interesting which of our loanees plays and who doesn’t in our defeat at Cheltenham next Saturday
adje

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 08:40:47 »

Apart from his woeful set pieces I thought Doughty played well yesterday

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 08:46:07 »

Is it time to get rid of Keshi Anderson ?
Seems like another Nathan Thompson  in the making. Tin hat on, worn at a jaunty angle.

I'm donning my tin hat. Anderson is twice the footballer Nathan Thompson is/was

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 08:58:10 »

Can’t see Diagouraga getting a club in January and McGlashan only makes the bench for Chesterfield these days, so the budget probably isn’t there for any perm deals for Doyle, Yates or Grant.

Lose a couple of them in Jan and we’re up shit creek.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #320 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 09:21:17 »

I'm donning my tin hat. Anderson is twice the footballer Nathan Thompson is/was
I concur.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 09:30:25 »

Can’t see Diagouraga getting a club in January and McGlashan only makes the bench for Chesterfield these days, so the budget probably isn’t there for any perm deals for Doyle, Yates or Grant.

Lose a couple of them in Jan and we’re up shit creek.
No doubt - However, unlike previous owners Power is a football man and will know this as well as anyone. I'm quite sure he will therefore do all he possibly can to keep all three...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 09:35:04 »

Have there been any recent cases of loan players not being allowed to play in the FA cup and then not being recalled in January?

I remember Doughty & Furlong played in the cup and were then recalled.

Probably no direct correlation as it's couple of months between 1st round and January and the situation at the parent club can change in that time. So best not to read too much into who does and doesn't play on Saturday?
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 09:37:09 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 09:37:12 »

But there’s a big difference between Power wanting to keep them and him being allowed to.

I suppose Doyle is the biggest hurdle with Bradford loaning him to a promotion rival. Lots of talk about him returning would push them over the wage cap. I still can’t understand why neither club will state categorically if they have a recall option or not.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 10:04:16 »

But there’s a big difference between Power wanting to keep them and him being allowed to.

I suppose Doyle is the biggest hurdle with Bradford loaning him to a promotion rival. Lots of talk about him returning would push them over the wage cap. I still can’t understand why neither club will state categorically if they have a recall option or not.
Of course there is - the fact that he wants to make it happen though (well it's not a FACT as such but I'm sure he does) is cause for hope. Previous owners wouldn't have gone out and got Doyle in the first place.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 10:12:12 »

Have there been any recent cases of loan players not being allowed to play in the FA cup and then not being recalled in January?

I remember Doughty & Furlong played in the cup and were then recalled.

Probably no direct correlation as it's couple of months between 1st round and January and the situation at the parent club can change in that time. So best not to read too much into who does and doesn't play on Saturday?

Keshi, was cup tied and stayed, but we may have signed him, rather than carrying on loan.

I'd imagine some gaffers will just cup tie becasue they can.... Bradford may well do so.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 10:34:15 »

Or they could allow him to play to increase our chances of a cup run distracting us from our league campaign.

Of the two said to be allowed to feature Benda is surely one, I expect Yates to play too, Rotherham don't have a problem with scoring goals and he's probably not done enough for another club to pay a fee for him at this stage.  Grant is a very saleable asset for the other STFC so may be made unavailable.

Whether Doyle is available or not there will be way too much read into it either way.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 11:25:59 »

Or they could allow him to play to increase our chances of a cup run distracting us from our league campaign.

When Bradford got to the LC final in 13, their league form had been poor post Christamas.... it was the boost of reaching the final as a Div 4 side, even though they got stuffed that saw them get into the PO's and then use the Wembley experience to stuff Cobblers.

I reckon if we could have a little cup run we'd also get a lift..... bit like when PdC's Div 4 side saw off the Prem, Wigan.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 11:38:03 »

I reckon if we could have a little cup run we'd also get a lift..... bit like when PdC's Div 4 side saw off the Prem, Wigan.
And can only increase our chances of keeping Doyle et al  Yes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 11:43:19 »

And can only increase our chances of keeping Doyle et al  Yes

Although it pains me to say it, I reckon given the wing and prayer nature of our squad with loans injuries etc and it's Numb at Whaddon, Wellens might be justified in writing Saturday off. The best outcome no more injuries or suspensions.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: