Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 53103 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:20:28 »

He cannot play for any more teams this season.

Is this just English leagues (ie if a Scottish team went after him could he play for them ie an Aberdeen).

The fact he can’t play for other English teams is good news though for sure. 

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:21:53 »

Bradford would also have to release some of their signings to bring Doyle back as they spent his wages and would exceed the wage limit if he returned.  Everything is in favour of him staying for now.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:30:05 »

The only way Doyle won’t leave is if he desperately wants to stay at Swindon. This is feasible as he is in good form but ultimately money talks and the lure of a better pay packet elsewhere maybe too tempting.

Tbf, I think we're all thinking about this way more than we should. I'm sure both teams have various contingencies. Of other strikers around, Wes Thomas is banging them in for Notts County, there are strikers we could poach from within L2 as well. I just don't see Bradford unsettling their own side (as the table stands).

If Doyle loves it as much as he does here and Bradford make him available for sale, I'm sure we would put in an offer for him. Doyle thinking "likely to get promoted with Swindon, I'm happy and settled here, there's a good chance I'll be playing L1 in a few months in a team on the up". He seems to love it here and that's seemingly a huge factor for him right now.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:33:59 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:31:19 »

Hence me using the word review and not recall...I know you are a tad simple but it isn’t rocket science.

Awaits being told I have been ‘whooshed’

You've been whooshed.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:35:35 »

Let's face it, as pointed out in the summer, relying on loans is not the best method of getting auto, there is always the  possibility of recalls etc.  We just don't know what will happen.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:37:59 »

Bradford would also have to release some of their signings to bring Doyle back as they spent his wages and would exceed the wage limit if he returned.  Everything is in favour of him staying for now.

This is exactly the point I was making. They'd have to move possibly three players just to accommodate Doyle. They may strengthen in the striking area but will be weak elsewhere. Likely they'll end up with some players like BO-O, Luke Moore and Agombar to plug the gaps.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:41:49 »

Is it time to get rid of Keshi Anderson ?
Seems like another Nathan Thompson  in the making. Tin hat on, worn at a jaunty angle.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:44:00 »

This is exactly the point I was making. They'd have to move possibly three players just to accommodate Doyle. They may strengthen in the striking area but will be weak elsewhere. Likely they'll end up with some players like BO-O, Luke Moore and Agombar to plug the gaps.

If it really was, then Rob T made it much better.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:49:27 »

Is it time to get rid of Keshi Anderson ?
Seems like another Nathan Thompson  in the making. Tin hat on, worn at a jaunty angle.

You mean the player that set up our first goal and played well all season. He has a hamstring injury hardly his fault, more our fault for playing him with an injury.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:50:57 »

Lidl pidled?

Aldi addled?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:52:42 »

Big win that. Would have drawn those kind of games last year.  Quality was poor from both sides but I think the weather had a part to play with that. I thought the ref had a good game, allowed the game to flow even in poor conditions.
I agree with all that except that I thought the quality was good from both sides, despite the poor weather conditions. Both teams passed it around well and made it a quite enjoyable game to watch.

I think Walsall are much better than their league position and current form suggests. I was impressed by them.....especially Pring on the left who was the best player on the pitch for me. Even Adebayo looked quite dangerous, 1st half at least, but faded in the 2nd. I think I recall he even won a header......
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:54:59 »

Highlights now on sky for those who didn’t go to the game ...

https://www.skysports.com/football/swindon-vs-walsall/report/410655
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 18:57:19 »

Yep. When Kuntz signs for Oxford
😂 Really need a like button
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 19:00:23 »

Let's face it, as pointed out in the summer, relying on loans is not the best method of getting auto, there is always the  possibility of recalls etc.  We just don't know what will happen.

True Reg but pretty much every team in L2 and much of L1 rely on loans so it's a fairly pointless statement.

In the Championship, last season Derby "relied" on the services of loanees, Mount and Wilson. They could've been recalled but they weren't. Wilson scored 15 as Derby made the PO Final only falling to Aston Villa...who had eight loanees over the course of the season. They included the likes of Moriera, El Ghazi (now perm), Yannick Bolassie, Tammy Abraham and Tyrone Mings (now perm and no not his hair). Norwich City's Championship winning squad had eight free transfers including a certain Pukki and two loans in Passleck from Dortmund and Rhodes from Sheff Wed. The relying on loans argument is a non starter.

I'm sure you will also find a way to twist this into something like "I didn't state POs", which is why I included Norwich too. Have a spiffing evening  Soapy Tit Wank
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 19:03:50 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 19:01:54 »

4sda?

Correct
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: