Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Suspensions  (Read 6225 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:02:06 »

Do Boycott Cup games count for suspensions? As I understand it, both Doyle and Baudry are on 4 yellows, if they pick up a fifth on Saturday, can the Boycott Cup game against Rovers count as their suspension game or does it have to be a league fixture?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:04:01 »

I believe so
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:05:41 »

I believe so
That'll be a couple of meaty challenges flying in in the 87th minute on Saturday then Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:15:08 »

Isn't it something ridiculous like league suspensions don't count for the boycott trophy but boycott trophy suspensions do count in the league?

I'm sure it hit us a few years ago and I remember another manager going ballistic about it as well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:18:33 »

Isn't it something ridiculous like league suspensions don't count for the boycott trophy but boycott trophy suspensions do count in the league?

I'm sure it hit us a few years ago and I remember another manager going ballistic about it as well.
Bugger. I prefer tans' answer so I'm going to continue to believe that instead Smiley
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:41:52 »

Isn't the trophy game after the visit to Cheltenham?

Don't know yet which of the loanees will be allowed to play against Cheltenham, but a suspension for Baudry would hurt.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:01:55 »

Get the bookings done so that the suspension is for the Cheltenham game.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:09:25 »

Get the bookings done so that the suspension is for the Cheltenham game.

Defeatist!

Leonidas would have left you on the bench for the cup game against the Persians at Thermopylae.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:11:38 »

From the EFL.

The EFL Trophy is going be classified as a non-first team competition for the purposes of bookings and suspensions after the sixteen invited EPPP Category One Academy clubs raised concerns about their players picking up yellow and red cards in such competitions.

So it appears bookings and suspensions are not carried over outside of this competition.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:26:39 »

From the EFL.

So it appears bookings and suspensions are not carried over outside of this competition.

But note that it was because the Prem academies complained about it, even though their little darlings are far less likely to trouble their first teams than our lowly grubs are. Typically abject from the EFL. FFS.  Angry

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:27:25 »

But note that it was because the Prem academies complained about it, even though their little darlings are far less likely to trouble their first teams than our lowly grubs are. Typically abject from the EFL. FFS.  Angry
They have and still do favour the Premier teams.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:40:06 »

Defeatist!

Leonidas would have left you on the bench for the cup game against the Persians at Thermopylae.

Leonidas.... leading scorer at the 36 WC for Brazil, playing for Botofogo at the time.  Leonidas was known as the "Rubber Man" he invented the overhead kick.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:44:34 »

Leonidas.... leading scorer at the 36 WC for Brazil, playing for Botofogo at the time.  Leonidas was known as the "Rubber Man" he invented the overhead kick.
Nah, Doug Ellis.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:51:03 »

Paul Nuttall wasn't it?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:54:36 »

Of the UKIPs
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: