Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 40316 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 10:20:28 »

Doyle says he’s not expecting to be recalled by Bradford in January.
Let's hope that's true.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 10:25:44 »

How are conditions looking?  Not very pleasant for football in Swindon.

Had to laugh last night before the Soton game, pundits asked if the foul South Coast weather would have an impact suggested should suit Saints as home side.... score 0-9
Holy shit, knew the game was on, but of little interest to me so haven't checked the score.  Saw your post and thought you were joking,  just, looked at the paper,  that's an amazing score - Let's hope we can replicate that score this afternoon.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 10:32:57 »

How are conditions looking?  Not very pleasant for football in Swindon.

Had to laugh last night before the Soton game, pundits asked if the foul South Coast weather would have an impact suggested should suit Saints as home side.... score 0-9

Dry at the moment, but quite windy.
Rain forecast for before kick off so could be tricky.

Saints managed to disprove the belief that 10 men can be more difficult to play against.
Leicester, a good side, but seem a bit over hyped by the media.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 11:23:44 »

Can you buy tickets at the ground today?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 11:29:07 »

Can you buy tickets at the ground today?
Yes mate.

Tickets will be available on the day to away supporters at the above prices. Advanced ticket sales will stop at Swindon Town at 12pm on the Friday before the game.

For wheelchair tickets please contact Crawley Town FC 01293 410000.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 11:35:12 »

Thanks JJ. : )
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 11:40:03 »

Anytime mate, hope that if you do go then the weather doesn't affect you and the boys viewing pleasure(!) Smiley

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 11:40:23 »

Holy shit, knew the game was on, but of little interest to me so haven't checked the score.  Saw your post and thought you were joking,  just, looked at the paper,  that's an amazing score - Let's hope we can replicate that score this afternoon.

Two 9-0 wins in Premier League history (yeah, I know)
24 years apart.
Both winning teams had Schmeichel in goal.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 11:52:33 »

Holy shit, knew the game was on, but of little interest to me so haven't checked the score.  Saw your post and thought you were joking,  just, looked at the paper,  that's an amazing score - Let's hope we can replicate that score this afternoon.
I have seen a few high scoring Swindon wins in my 45 years of following this team, they are the days you never ever forget and come round so rarely.

To do it in an away game makes the achievement even better and to do it in the top division, against a side that are by no means utterly shit or even rock bottom is amazing.

I have been lucky enough to have seen the Town beat Bury 8-0, Kettering away 7-0, Aldershot 7-0, Bromley 7-0 plus 4 wins by 6-0.

Absolutely stunning result, havent watched any of the highlights yet but that is some achievement by Leicester.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 11:54:00 »

Two 9-0 wins in Premier League history (yeah, I know)
24 years apart.
Both winning teams had Schmeichel in goal.

The best thing is that it is apparently the highest away win in top flight history.  The airbrushing of history implying nothing of importance happened before 92 is hugely annoying.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 11:58:51 »

The best thing is that it is apparently the highest away win in top flight history.  The airbrushing of history implying nothing of importance happened before 92 is hugely annoying.
Don't you realise that Sky created football in 1992?

Before then it wasn't the top flight just League Division 1.

It meant nothing to win it back then to supporters and players. Everyone did it, it was easy.

I have no problem with them saying the highest win since the start of the Premier League, but not "in top flight history" because it blatently isn't.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 12:07:53 »

Don't you realise that Sky created football in 1992?

Before then it wasn't the top flight just League Division 1.

It meant nothing to win it back then to supporters and players. Everyone did it, it was easy.

I have no problem with them saying the highest win since the start of the Premier League, but not "in top flight history" because it blatently isn't.

Whilst I’ve only done a very quick google I’m lead to believe it is the biggest away win in England’s top flight history

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 12:08:29 »

I have seen a few high scoring Swindon wins in my 45 years of following this team, they are the days you never ever forget and come round so rarely.

To do it in an away game makes the achievement even better and to do it in the top division, against a side that are by no means utterly shit or even rock bottom is amazing.

I have been lucky enough to have seen the Town beat Bury 8-0, Kettering away 7-0, Aldershot 7-0, Bromley 7-0 plus 4 wins by 6-0.

Absolutely stunning result, havent watched any of the highlights yet but that is some achievement by Leicester.
I’ve seen us take a fair few hammerings, too. Quite a few 7s.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 12:10:55 »

The best thing is that it is apparently the highest away win in top flight history.  The airbrushing of history implying nothing of importance happened before 92 is hugely annoying.
It's not airbrushing, it is the biggest away win in the history of the top flight of English football. There have been higher margins of victory in home wins, but the previous highest margin of victory for an away win was 8 goals, jointly held by West Brom, Sunderland and Wolves. Thought you'd know that.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 12:12:32 »

It's not airbrushing, it is the biggest away win in the history of the top flight of English football. There have been higher margins of victory in home wins, but the previous highest margin of victory for an away win was 8 goals, jointly held by West Brom, Sunderland and Wolves. Thought you'd know that.
Apart from this one

Record away win: Port Vale 0–10 Sheffield United (Second Division, 10 December 1892)

(Was RCC around in them days)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: