Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 40066 times)
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 19:06:58 »

Missed Mayes, CG and CH. They are pretty rare, relative to home hat tricks.  Likewise not too many have done it at the CG, for oppositions.

Kevin Campbell for Arsenal is the only one I can think of.

"Absolute Calamity!"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 19:07:07 »

I have no idea what Bradford did to Doyle, he is a proper sniffer in the box.
He certainly is, but in addition, he works bloody hard all over the pitch, gets involved loads in the build up play, tracks back... fantastic player👍
adje

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 19:07:08 »

Second game this season which was even better than the first(Orient).
We bossed the whole 90 with Doughty and Grant and Doyle all giving 10/10 performances. Cant remember 2 Central midfielders giving more impressive performances concurrently.
Everyone else a 9 for me, love the left back and the central defence partnership looks like it could be our strongest. Keshi was very impressive and that 3rd goal, unbelievable.
Great support 'n' all. Oh, and a mention for Yates who worked his knackers off and fully deserved his goal
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 19:10:31 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Flashheart

« Reply #273 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 19:11:44 »

Doyle (the ginger Pele) says that as far as he's concerned, he's here for the rest of the season and he wants to be at Swindon.

Of course, ultimately it's not up to him, but...
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 19:13:38 »

Is anyone else having problems with Sky Sports match report? It cuts out at 44 secs for me..
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 19:31:45 »

I've seen 2 4's on the road. Dennis Brown and Duncan Shearer.  Hat tricks Peter Thorne at WBA, Dave Mitchell at Brum. Kevin Horlock at Rovers.  Steve White at Watford, can't think of any others.

In the very early Hoddle days, away at Plymouth? Those are all pre 1997. It’s been a while.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 19:35:43 »

Is anyone else having problems with Sky Sports match report? It cuts out at 44 secs for me..
Yup, same.

Sent from my Mi A1
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 20:12:39 »

#me too
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 20:17:30 »

Kevin Campbell for Arsenal is the only one I can think of.

Coulthirst of Barnet got one couple of years back.  They are rare... I've seen us ship 6 three times at the CG nobody scored a hat-trick
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 20:18:57 »

Brilliant performance. All players outstanding (except DJ who was off the pace) - Grant, Donohue, Yates and Doyle all 10/10. Amazing what a crucial part of our play Donohue is for a bloke who signed 2 weeks ago.

For as good as we were getting to 2-0, when Lydon came on and we went 4-3-3 we went to another gear. Crawley didn’t get out of their half for the last 35 and it could have been 6 or 7. Would like to see us stick with that. But assuming plan a is to play a front 2 it was good to see Yates and Doyle better connected to the midfield today with Yates dropping deeper to pick the ball up and bring others into play.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 20:21:08 »

Doyle (the ginger Pele) says that as far as he's concerned, he's here for the rest of the season and he wants to be at Swindon.

Of course, ultimately it's not up to him, but...
Bantams forum fans nearly all going mental about paying half Doyle’s wages to score 13 goals for us and demanding him back in Jan.  Makes I larf as most have forgotten how they were considering him not only ineffective but lazy at the outset of his loan.  Some questions had been raised as to the wisdom of loaning him to a direct rival in the same league, tbf.  

He’s certainly worth some results to us as, however well you play, it’s to no avail if the goals don’t come.  He has that most valuable of knacks.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 20:33:42 »

Meanwhile, whilst taking nothing away from that performance, the Crawley forum confirming that that was a shocking performance by the oppo.  One said it looked as if we were having a glorified training session for the last half hour.  I was amazed to see us hardly closed down at the back.  Really, bar a couple of 5 min spells in the first half with a penalty claim and hitting a post, they showed nothing on the day, not even effort.

That said, today was one of those days when we looked a couple of leagues above our opponents.  Loving this squad and Lyden and Grant giving the base for the others to show their talent.  Baudry and now Fryers also looking a plausible pair even if they were not truly tested today.

Loved our second goal, sparked by Keshi’s back heel.  
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 20:37:15 by RedRag » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 21:29:30 »

A Brighton fan I follow on Twitter was in our end today and said it looked like L1 vs Conference.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 22:17:21 »

A Brighton fan I follow on Twitter was in our end today and said it looked like L1 vs Conference.

Sent from my CLT-L09
That sounds a tadge gay.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 22:30:09 »

Bantams forum fans nearly all going mental about paying half Doyle’s wages to score 13 goals for us and demanding him back in Jan.  Makes I larf as most have forgotten how they were considering him not only ineffective but lazy at the outset of his loan.  Some questions had been raised as to the wisdom of loaning him to a direct rival in the same league, tbf.  

He’s certainly worth some results to us as, however well you play, it’s to no avail if the goals don’t come.  He has that most valuable of knacks.

I constantly remind my Bradford work colleague of the goals he scores.   Smiley

League 2 top scorer
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 22:32:12 by 4D » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: