Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stevenage pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 63429 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 19:27:59 »

Some of his starting positions were really good, he definitely earned us those points as much as Doyle did last night.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Very encouraging.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 22:50:47 »

Three things:

1 - how the fuck did this thread become about a quiz night however many years ago...
2 - Bottom line is this - we took three points in a mid-week game. Cause for celebration
3- No one kills a thread like me - I expect this to be the last comment on here given my previous experience

No one kills a thread like me....
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 23:09:37 »

Three things:

1 - how the fuck did this thread become about a quiz night however many years ago...
2 - Bottom line is this - we took three points in a mid-week game. Cause for celebration
3- No one kills a thread like me - I expect this to be the last comment on here given my previous experience

1 - Bollocks talk
2 - Agree would take a shit 1-0 anyday of the week
3 - It seems you have to post early and often and talk about anything apart from the game on the matchday thread to continue or provoke conversation.   I'm ok with the 80% Bollocks by the way, but it is a matchday fred ffs....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 23:21:37 »

1 - Bollocks talk
2 - Agree would take a shit 1-0 any day of the week
3 - It seems you have to post early and often and talk about anything apart from the game on the match day thread to continue or provoke conversation.   I'm ok with the 80% Bollocks by the way, but it is a match day fred ffs....

Are you a Pokémon/Michael Pook hybrid being? Would be interesting to see. What type of Pokémon would a Michael Pook hybrid be? Snorlax maybe?

Also, "match day" and "any day" are separate words Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 08:57:35 »

I watched the game on Ifollow and it was a turgid affair. But we got the 3 points with a last minute goal. If that can't spark something in this squad, then we have a problem.

Second half we clearly had a kick up the backside during the break as we played with a bit more pace and tempo versus the first half where I thought we passed the ball without much 'zip'. No idea why Doughty played left back for a time, but he was better in centre midfield.

I like the look of DJ and Anthony Grant at the moment is a monster for us, and works bloody hard. It would be amazing if we could somehow get him permanently to replace Toums.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #380 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 10:58:08 »

No idea why Doughty played left back for a time, but he was better in centre midfield.

An interesting tactical thing they had obviously worked on. I would imagine they want Donohue higher when we're in possession for his crossing ability, which against a low block leaves a big gap for MD to exploit and build from deep.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #381 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 11:08:32 »

An interesting tactical thing they had obviously worked on. I would imagine they want Donohue higher when we're in possession for his crossing ability, which against a low block leaves a big gap for MD to exploit and build from deep.

Its a similar tactic we have played in some games when Rose fills in at left back while Iandolo forges forwards, its obviously a thing that Wellens likes his midfielders to do, thats the bonus of having both Rose and Doughty as natural left footers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 11:26:50 »

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1187322593080033287
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 11:28:21 »

Its a similar tactic we have played in some games when Rose fills in at left back while Iandolo forges forwards, its obviously a thing that Wellens likes his midfielders to do, thats the bonus of having both Rose and Doughty as natural left footers.

I haven't really seen enough of us this season to appreciate that, so thanks for the responses. Doughty doesn't look quite 'right' at the moment, I didn't think he suited LB at all on Tuesday night and was much more comfortable in midfield (as you would completely expect). There is no denying he is a class act, but hopefully much more to come from him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
REDBUCK

« Reply #384 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 11:50:09 »

Except for most of the first half MD wasn't building through midfield but attempting long passes to Woolery a lot of which were missing their target.

Also his being that deep means that with Grant also sitting deep, a big gap develops between Doyle/ Yates and the midfield. If we then try to play balls into the forwards feet the ball is more often than not lost.

I'd prefer MD to be playing more central and more in contact with Doyle but I guess as Conroy isn't available he's charged with starting off moves

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 11:50:55 »

I haven't really seen enough of us this season to appreciate that, so thanks for the responses. Doughty doesn't look quite 'right' at the moment, I didn't think he suited LB at all on Tuesday night and was much more comfortable in midfield (as you would completely expect). There is no denying he is a class act, but hopefully much more to come from him.

I remember Wellens referred to it as offset wingers earlier in the season. When the ball is on the left Anderson (normally) moves in field and supports the front two and the fullback pushes on to add the width with the CM covering between a usual LB and CM position. On the right for example look at how many times Hunt is ahead of Isgrove and Isgrove is sat in CM, with Grant covering.

Not sure its worked great in truth, but i think its an attempt to get Anderson in a number 10 position and still play two forwards (something wellens wanted to do). Looked better to me when Anderson was actually playing 10 and we only had one forward.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 13:04:05 »

That's brilliant stuff by the club. Considering a recent query from someone demanding evidence of fan engagement...  Hmmm

Bottom dollar, that experience will live with her for a very long time, so another generation of a Town fan nailed on.

The only bad thing about any of that is the font used in the letter.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 13:20:02 »

That's brilliant stuff by the club. Considering a recent query from someone demanding evidence of fan engagement...  Hmmm

Bottom dollar, that experience will live with her for a very long time, so another generation of a Town fan nailed on.

The only bad thing about any of that is the font used in the letter.

That is excellent!! Well done to the club.

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 13:25:28 »

The query came to be about the claims...

players and Wellens going into schools to talk to the kids, take training sessions etc.

They've been out to schools,

I get abused for admitting I've missed this, beyond the season ticket give away... yet have still not seen any evidence.

Have you seen anything ?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 13:29:57 »

The query came to be about the claims...
It didn't. You tried to narrow it down to this because you'd been shown to have no evidence for your spurious claim that Wellens didn't live in the area and then to be wrong when you tried to distract from being wrong about that by wrongly claiming the club hadn't engaged in community engagement.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: