Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stevenage pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 64051 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 12:44:41 »

and refs have clearly dropped the 'nearest touchline' criteria for exiting the pitch.

The Plymouth one was due to it being a Cat C game apparently, so police advice, player safety etc.

But otherwise, yes, not been much consistency with this so far.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 12:46:38 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17800086.rob-hunt-zeki-fryers-inspire-next-generation-swindon-footballers-association-stfc-community-foundation-deliver-skills-session/
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 12:51:43 »

FFS, I'm in Atlanta and know about it - I can tell you now, my eye sight is not that good that I can see from here.

I've noted the Walsall day, and the club again saying they will be sending players staff out etc into schools in advance, but for example schools are now on hols until that game. If they wanted to get in before then plans must have been done well in advance. Schools can't just drop stuff now to accommodate the local FC.

I kmow FITC do stuff and have done for years, but they are separate from the club.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 12:53:59 »

The club are sending players to FITC events
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 12:54:00 »

FTIC.... nothing new.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 12:54:51 »

There were a few schools that got a mention, one on FB but I can't link to that on a work laptop :-)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 12:55:29 »

They had an article covered in early July about giving 200 season tickets to kids for this season at schools over the summer.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 12:56:01 »

The club are sending players to FITC events

Presumably you removed the other as it was school hols.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 13:01:17 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/october/junior-takeover-day-walsall/

Not sure if the activities themselves will get much of a reporting in the local press, but it is not just tickets or popping to a school or two.  I actually saw this on LinkedIn first.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 13:02:20 »

Presumably you removed the other as it was school hols.

No the link went to the wrong article for some reason, it doesn't matter when it was, it's been a trend over a few months, during the time Wellens has been talking about it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 13:04:59 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17823661.swindon-town-set-launch-fan-zone-county-ground-ahead-first-league-two-fixture-season-carlisle-united/

I know this one got cancelled, but there is then a tweet about a later one (again, Twitter is not my friend at work).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 13:06:21 »

You have the tweet about the Mascot thing the other day, some kid asking to be mascot who was saving pocket money.  Again, that found it's way to me before it was posted on here.  If you want to see or hear about it, you clearly can.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 13:20:15 »

Stop it Rob with all your evidenced examples. Just leave Reg grumbling into his aptly-named bitter in the corner. He doesn't need your facts. He's got more than enough of his own.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 13:44:00 »

Stop it Rob with all your evidenced examples. Just leave Reg grumbling into his aptly-named bitter in the corner. He doesn't need your facts. He's got more than enough of his own.

All the things Rob has posted were flagging stuff up, apart from his FITC example.  Yes we saw these back in the summer, I just wondered if anything had actually happened..... the Walsall thing is waiting to happen.

Davis and Rob seem to think there's been loads of examples, so I just wondered if they had any to share.

Certainly the new facility at the back of the CG offers up a chance to improve matters, and remember it is the club who have admitted a shortfall here.

A good example of where that might lead is Plymuff.....

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-argyle-community-trust-become-1650400
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 13:48:10 »

Davis and Rob seem to think there's been loads of examples, so I just wondered if they had any to share.
Which we both did. I'm not sure there's a lot more people can do to answer your original question tbh, if you choose to ignore or discount all the examples folks have given of community engagement, although it does make you look a bit silly.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: