Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stevenage pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 63410 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 10:52:48 »

Another bonus for me was the performance of Benda.

After his debut vs Plymouth in the Mickey Mouse cup he did not look anywhere near the level of LMc.

But he has come on in leaps and bounds and probably saved us yesterday with his massive fram blocking a one on one.

His command of area is not as good as it should be for a keeper of his size, he rarely comes out to catch crosses and never tries to get to corners and his kicking a times is pretty wayward but he looks like he could turn into a decent keeper with games and in time.

Another loan player making an impact.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 10:55:04 »

Right so you have no evidence whatsoever that Wellens is part time or that he doesn't, as the club has stated, spend his whole week down here working with the team, leaving his family in the Northwest. So no basis for your snidey digs then. If you want to criticise the bloke for his tactics or how he works with the team, fair enough, but stick to the facts. Repeating snidey smears is, or should be, beneath you.
This is my main issue with this. The fans are no longer split in 2 parts. There are 3 sections now but unfortunately me doing what you say above here gets me lumped in the same section as the facebook lot. Anyone who knows me knows how supportive i have been of this club i have had the arguments regarding Power etc Frankly to put all that aside everything about the club is total shite for the last 10 years and every time we go through a rut like we are now it without fail gets turned round on the fans are too negative.

The fans have been the same all season you can't pick and choose when you think it effects the team.  
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 10:57:13 »

That yellow he got yesterday could easily have been a red.
I don't think so, looked worst than it was. It was just short kick from Benda that Grant had to win and didn't see their player, his eyes were only ever on the ball.  All stemmed from laziness from Baudry with an awful pass back, him and Fryers are very sloppy at times and people have to bail them out.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 10:59:20 »

What did people think of DJ yesterday then. It was my first time seeing him play live.

Looked raw but committed to me. Will be interesting to see how/if he develops. Didn't think Woolery shoed a lot yesterday so its good to have a bit of competition for the spot while Anderson is out.
I was actually excited when he got the ball. Nice to have wingers on both sides.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:00:18 »

All stemmed from laziness from Baudry with an awful pass back, him and Fryers are very sloppy at times and people have to bail them out.
At times Baudry and Fryers looked very good but they both have several mistakes a game in their arsenal.

Hunt as well made a few poor passes which is unusual for him.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:01:13 »

Another bonus for me was the performance of Benda.

After his debut vs Plymouth in the Mickey Mouse cup he did not look anywhere near the level of LMc.

But he has come on in leaps and bounds and probably saved us yesterday with his massive fram blocking a one on one.

His command of area is not as good as it should be for a keeper of his size, he rarely comes out to catch crosses and never tries to get to corners and his kicking a times is pretty wayward but he looks like he could turn into a decent keeper with games and in time.

Another loan player making an impact.
I think he'll be better than Vigs by the end of the season.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Flashheart

« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:02:54 »

There are 3 sections now but unfortunately me doing what you say above here gets me lumped in the same section as the facebook lot.

I just don't think that's true mate, at least not from most. (There's always some bellend)

Most of us on here are balanced, pointing out the good as well as the bad. That FB group, however, is something else. They actually make up shit to be negative about.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:05:49 »

The highlights here.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/swindon-town/11842736/swindon-1-0-stevenage

How the hell did that run and double shot by DJ get stopped!

A special mention again for Doyle who managed to control the ball on his chest and fire it low and hard into the net with 6 Stevenage players around him! brilliant finishing.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:06:45 »

I think he'll be better than Vigs by the end of the season.

Sent from my CLT-L09
Agree, he also seem very keen which is a good trait. He's also getting increasingly quick with his distribution and has decent short passing which when combined with his speed off the line has put him ahead of McCormick. The command of his area will come with experience as this will be his first season playing alongside experienced pro's so will take some time to gain the confidence to order them around.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:06:52 »

I just don't think that's true mate, at least not from most. (There's always some bellend)

Most of us on here are balanced, pointing out the good as well as the bad. That FB group, however, is something else. They actually make up shit to be negative about.
Really different on Twitter than on here though buddy. I can't win tbf, i was slated for being a fucking happy clapper the last 10 years now the opposite :-)  
Flashheart

« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:08:24 »

Really different on Twitter than on here though buddy. I can't win tbf, i was slated for being a fucking happy clapper the last 10 years now the opposite :-)  

I can imagine. I'm selective about who I follow on there.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:13:15 »

Misery clapper?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:15:03 »

Right so you have no evidence whatsoever that Wellens is part time or that he doesn't, as the club has stated, spend his whole week down here working with the team, leaving his family in the Northwest. So no basis for your snidey digs then. If you want to criticise the bloke for his tactics or how he works with the team, fair enough, but stick to the facts. Repeating snidey smears is, or should be, beneath you.

I've no idea about smears.... as usual you don't answer the question... how is the promised community/fan engagaement looking?.

I've said before how having the training out at Calne doesn't help the feeling of engagement, and will always refer back to Sturrock and his thing of the importance of CG as base. 

All too often you conflate observation with some sort of malign intention.... it isn't Wellens fault we train at Calne. It isn't Wellens fault that say the old Study Centre was closed, an initiative where players/staff could interact with local school kids It isn't Wellens fault that school safeguarding makes it more difficult for things like the FC to interact with schools.

However back in the summer, I suggested a fan's forum would be a good idea. I know that for the club, they're a bit loth to organise things as the beer sales went west with Jed. It all adds up...
Flashheart

« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:34:10 »

It's telling that a happy-clapper is not necessarily somebody who is always positive, but just somebody that is not persistently negative. I can only think of one person in recent memory who always had a positive spin on everything STFC, and he was pretty much hounded off the TEF. (Mainly by 'happy clappers').
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 11:39:42 »

I've no idea about smears.... as usual you don't answer the question... how is the promised community/fan engagaement looking?.

Pot ... kettle. I asked you to back up your wholly unevidenced repetition of the fake facebook rumour that Wellens doesn't live in the area, you, as per usual, ducked the question and responded with a completely different question.

But I'll answer it anyway. The club have done a fair bit on community engagement since the summer, it's been remarked on by plenty of people on here as well as on other forms of social media. Aside from the FanZone, there's been plenty of schools initatives, including 100s of free tickets given out, players and Wellens going into schools to talk to the kids, take training sessions etc. We've got the "Junior Reds takeover" coming up for the Walsall game, lots of engagement on social media etc etc. I know you ignore most of that because all you really want is the Fans forum you keep going on about (and FWIW, might be a good idea to have a bit of an old school QandA in the Legends although I can see why the club might feel it could backfire), but it doesn't mean those other things aren't happening, the club do seem to be making a real effort with it.

Push comes to shove though, the club can do all they want with community engagement, this that and the other but if the results aren't going well, people will be pissed off. And even if they are. some people will still find reason to be pissed off (not a dig at you btw thinking more of some of the FB/Twitter trolls with that one)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: