Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stevenage pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 64084 times)
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:09:23 »

Thanks - I'm not sure exactly how it works but doesn't some of the the £10 Ifollow fee go to the club? Does VPN mean you basically don't have to pay this fee and get it for nothing?

Current form has led me down the £10 Ifollow route as opposed to the £30 train fare and 1am return home. A money well spent 2-0 victory beckons against my nearest league team.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:20:06 »

Annoyingly I think we will lose this one tonight, we haven't quite hit rock bottom yet and I believe losing tonight will get us there or thereabouts.

Good thing about rock bottom is the only way is up.

The one thing I can't get is that a lot of our players are quality individually, and initially they were a class act and showed the fans what decent football at the county ground can look like. We were feeling of "when we score" not "If we score".
What's happened to the players? yes a few injuries but the ones that are left should be more than capable of playing for 90 mins and getting a result.

Against a lot of other people's opinions I don't think it's Wellens that's at fault, he has shown how he wants his teams to play, but the players for some reason or another are really letting him down. I also don't think another new manager will save us or do any better. You can't keep changing the manager expecting it to magically be solved.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:20:12 »

My apologies sir, you're quite right.

t'was just a tongue in cheek observation that we are worse than you thought! I had to print them out as I started doubting myself.

It will be a struggle. The only positive is that a lot of the last 6 were against higher placed teams. Ignore Colchester on a Tuesday night under the lights...oh.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:21:26 »

Just win you cunts.

That is all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:25:39 »

Against a lot of other people's opinions I don't think it's Wellens that's at fault

Other than a couple of WTF substitutions I'm not sure I would have done anything differently.

In stats terms, Wellens win % isn't much better than Brown's, and certainly less that Flitcrofts 50%.

Maybe that's why the finger pointing has started in some circles

The difference to me is it feels like we are trying to build in the right way, play the right way and do the right things off the pitch too with fan engagement. It feels like we are gearing up to get some momentum. Just not sure when it will pay off with promotion..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:32:57 »

Annoyingly I think we will lose this one tonight, we haven't quite hit rock bottom yet and I believe losing tonight will get us there or thereabouts.

Good thing about rock bottom is the only way is up.

The one thing I can't get is that a lot of our players are quality individually, and initially they were a class act and showed the fans what decent football at the county ground can look like. We were feeling of "when we score" not "If we score".
What's happened to the players? yes a few injuries but the ones that are left should be more than capable of playing for 90 mins and getting a result.

Against a lot of other people's opinions I don't think it's Wellens that's at fault, he has shown how he wants his teams to play, but the players for some reason or another are really letting him down. I also don't think another new manager will save us or do any better. You can't keep changing the manager expecting it to magically be solved.

We've had this style of play debate for several seasons now.  For me decent football is if you win, or perhaps get a useful point. How you do it is somewhat secondary.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:38:26 »

Got to admit, my finger is starting to point towards Wellens. How does an entire team go to shit all at once. The injuries covered it up t begin with but this squad is full of quality players who are almost all underperforming.

I can’t forget what an Oldham fan said ‘He’ll get you playing like world beaters for a short while, then, for no apparent reason, it’ll all go downhill rapidly’.

Christ, we shouldn’t be playing like this.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:46:08 »

I can't see that our style of play has changed. When something has stopped working, surely you should change your approach instead of hitting repeat each game?
Earlier this season we had good possession but went forward well, now it seems to be sideways and back.

Crewe had 21 shots to our 3, they made 453 accurate passes and ours was half that. Something is badly wrong at the moment, I'm actually going to change my score prediction for tonight to a 1-0 defeat.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:50:12 by 4D » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:57:23 »

We've had this style of play debate for several seasons now.  For me decent football is if you win, or perhaps get a useful point. How you do it is somewhat secondary.

No wonder you liked Flitcroft so much. uggh!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 10:06:15 »

I'm going so it will be a comfortable defeat. Apologies
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 11:00:38 »

No wonder you liked Flitcroft so much. uggh!

Like doesn't enter into it... it's about can I see what the gaffer is trying to do here? Is it working?  If not what can he do to change it?   Flitcroft just about managed to keep us there or thereabouts, when it got a bit shit he generally managed to change something to get an important result, occasionally we'd play really well, often not, so a different appraoch needed. 

That's div 4 life, you'll not sparkle every week whatever the intention so need a back up.

ATM Wellens is struggling with the back up.... so this becomes a test of his mettle.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 11:04:52 »

Well, tonight I presume it’s Doughty for Lyden (suspended), maybe DJ or Woolery for Anderson, Isgrove needs replacing atm but God knows who with.

Is Sidy ever going to get fit? Is he still here?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 11:32:40 »

Well, tonight I presume it’s Doughty for Lyden (suspended),

Unusually its already been announced (BBC Wilts, not sure officially) that Doughty will be in for Lyden and Zakuani will be rested.

Can't remember the last time news of that nature was released a day early.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 12:20:03 »

Left that Facebook group so feeling a bit more positive tonight than usual.

As games go to get out of a slump, no better than bottom of the league. I hope a solid home win and performance to lift the players' confidence.

3-0 win with under 6000 in attendance.
REDBUCK

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 12:40:29 »

They need some support, which they are unlikely to get on mass.

A narrow win hopefully
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: