Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How to run a football league club  (Read 1590 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 13:21:21 »

If you missed it, really interesting podcast from 5 Live on running a football league club, how different models operate and some interesting interviews with people who know about this stuff (Tranmere chairman Palios) and people who clearly didn't (Alan Hardy, the Notts County dick pic tweeter). There's also a quite chilling interview with the American guy who was interested in Yeovil and now seems to have Wycombe over a barrel. I fear for Wycombe's future, having heard him speak. He sounds like that parody twitter account (US Soccer Guy?), but it looks like he's going to be in charge of a "soccer franchise" quite shortly. Ye Gods.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07r7hx1
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 13:24:59 »

Lee Power's comment a few years back was "it's difficult".

I wouldn't disagree.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 13:32:27 »

I'm reminded of the old adage - "How do you make a small fortune out of running a football club? Start with a large one". Palios is interesting on what constitutes sustainability at different levels of the pyramid and how he has accepted that Tranmere's level is L1, at least if they want to stay at Prenton. Although given their neighbours across the water, a bigger ground wouldn't make much difference. They are kind of stuck with their level, but they can and are making that sustainable, instead of being loss making there
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: