Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29910 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 18:17:52 »

My interpretation for what it’s worth.

For the first time in a while we look decent defensively - it’s just that we have to do so much of it.

The problem is midfield. I find it hard to conceive why/how our 3 ‘flair’ players - Anderson, Isgrove and Doughty - have all gone to shit at the same time. There’s summit up I tells thee!

Also, we played our best stuff with only 1 striker - either Doyle or Yates. The problem Wellens has is has he got the bollocks to play just the one of them when both are fit and scoring.

4-4-2 cannot be our system.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 18:29:55 »

Date the ‘takeover’ news started in the Adver - 21st September.

Wins after the 21st September - 0

The end.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 18:36:44 »

My interpretation for what it’s worth.

For the first time in a while we look decent defensively - it’s just that we have to do so much of it.

The problem is midfield. I find it hard to conceive why/how our 3 ‘flair’ players - Anderson, Isgrove and Doughty - have all gone to shit at the same time. There’s summit up I tells thee!

Also, we played our best stuff with only 1 striker - either Doyle or Yates. The problem Wellens has is has he got the bollocks to play just the one of them when both are fit and scoring.

4-4-2 cannot be our system.

When all fit it has to be a 4231

Grant & Lyden holding
Isgrove, Dougherty, Anderson as the 3
Doyle or Yates up top
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 18:41:34 »

Date the ‘takeover’ news started in the Adver - 21st September.

Wins after the 21st September - 0

The end.

You're not seriously suggesting that the team are so unsettled by some American developers chancing their arm with a slightly credulous local paper that they have now forgotten how to play? Assuming you're not on a fishing trip, I suspect injuries and the consequent inability to select a settled starting XI might be slightly more relevant.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 18:44:15 »

I’m not suggesting anything Paul, but, I don’t think it’s a coincidence we look a completely different side. It’s not just injuries - our fit players have been poor since then too. In fact, I’d actually say the positions where injuries have affected us we look okay.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 18:46:49 »

I’m not suggesting anything Paul, but, I don’t think it’s a coincidence we look a completely different side. It’s not just injuries - our fit players have been poor since then too. In fact, I’d actually say the positions where injuries have affected us we look okay.
Don't disagree with that, but I think it's a massive stretch to say it's anything to do with the "takeover" story. More likely a side unsettled by constant turnover of injured/suspended players and that affecting the balance of the team (including the fit players). Or maybe, like Dave says, they're not as good as we thought?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 18:54:39 »

Hello StefTroll, good evening. I do hope you are grimacing in a watering hole somewhere with an internal smirk?

I was quite surprised to see us 0-1 at HT. Pre-match I'm sure even the most rosy-tinty (here's looking at me Trolly) would say that a point (however obtained) would have been a good result. Deep down we mostly thought a loss would be likely - Crewe just seem to have a knack of getting favourable results at this moment. It's often like that when you're top and in a vein of form. No shock, so to speak.

Yet we were leading at HT and I thought to myself 'How nice. If we can get beyond the hour ahead, we might just nick it.' It did seem though as Crewe knocked in the equaliser it was going to be a classic case of a swing in momentum. Yet we didn't really have momentum in the game anyway. Crewe just asserted their control and it was always coming. Disappointing for our CBs, because they had worked fairly hard to prevent Crewe scoring. A matter of time as mentioned. Clinging on or resolute from Town. Crewe were going to score.

It becomes more frustrating because we really did nearly pick up a point here. Up to the 90 and even the pessimists (StefTroll, I now look at you)amongst us would be thinking we can sniff out a "undeserved" point. A very good point, when we've all forgotten about the why, how, what of achieving it comes several games later.

Alas, it was not to be and the result comes full circle in what many of us were thinking before our jaded XI took to the Gresty Road turf. We lost, most of us expected to lose but all is not lost. At least we can say we do not have a legacy left behind at an abuse and paedophile ridden club. I feel the Alex will have to work very hard to remove that particularly large blemish on their club.

Let us not lay the blame at the Alex themselves. The squad current is fairly good. I still expect them to fade away eventually. Newport are the Lincoln of yesterseason and I still think if we get our act together, we WILL be thereabouts come seasons end.

Debbie downer for now but hey, at least we showed those Aussies how to chase an egg. It's always nice beating the 'Strayans' at anything.

PS: PV, don't let StefTroll wind you up. It's his favourite pastime and should not be a surprise - since we lost. You stay calm good man and let me be the one who gets pissed off with that ilk of poster.

I welcome the incoming 'cunt points' with open and loving arms. Onto St. Evanage  and Tuesday night football...Halloween edges closer. Will it be a Thriller or a Horror?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 19:01:43 »

When all fit it has to be a 4231

Grant & Lyden holding
Isgrove, Dougherty, Anderson as the 3
Doyle or Yates up top

Seconded. Yates and Doyle are both very good players, just not sure they work well together when we have less possession.
Flashheart

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 19:27:30 »

Just got back in from a night out.

I did my best. Sorry it wasn't enough. In hindisght, I should probably have had some shots like I usually do.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 19:33:58 »

We thank you for your sacrifice anyway FH.  You can do no more than get pissed.

Anyone know where 4D was today?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 20:25:45 »

Ffs FH!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 08:26:09 »

We thank you for your sacrifice anyway FH.  You can do no more than get pissed.

Anyone know where 4D was today?

In South Wales  Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 08:56:40 »

I'll be negative. I didn't realise over the last 6 we are the league worst team.

Wellens is entering very dangerous territory this week... atm we're a point worse off than under Flitcroft but 3 better than Brown. It was about now that Brown was on a bad run 1 win in 8, we're 1 win in 6.  It's what management is about, Brown didn't look like halting the slide and was gone, Wellens needs to this week or it's conceivable he'll be on his bike by November.

He's still just about got some credit in the bank, but in his own way Power has backed him he's now got a squad of players he's signed and had more or less a year at it to try and improve matters. That is sliding away and needs to turn starting Tuesday.
Panda Paws

« Reply #253 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 09:45:38 »

Some people need to get a grip. We're 7th after a shit run. Still right in contention after 14 games.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 09:54:30 »

Some people need to get a grip. We're 7th after a shit run. Still right in contention after 14 games.

Shit run being the operative phrase.... we're talking football here. 

In that world, Brown gets sacked for 1 win in 8, so entirely possible the same might happen to Wellens. Hopefully he'll show his worth this week, it's what the good gaffers do.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: