Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30308 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 16:33:23 »

Wellens:
- really poor and I know the reasons why
- will keep to myself which individuals were below par
- Keshi tells me he's fine, his tests look good, but I watch 25 mins and he can't keep up with Ng, didn't look fit enough to be out there
- the sports scientists tell me Isgrove had no pre-season, maybe there's something to it
- in fairness we didn't deserve anything, but the two late goals, we were so deep, we've got to play higher
- we have to be at it; today we had so many players who were off, we are just nowhere near where we were
- we'll put ourselves under pressure to do a lot better than that on Tuesday

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 16:35:06 »

Ooh, I forgot we're home Tuesday  Pint
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 16:38:08 »

Wellens:
- really poor and I know the reasons why
- will keep to myself which individuals were below par
- Keshi tells me he's fine, his tests look good, but I watch 25 mins and he can't keep up with Ng, didn't look fit enough to be out there
- the sports scientists tell me Isgrove had no pre-season, maybe there's something to it
- in fairness we didn't deserve anything, but the two late goals, we were so deep, we've got to play higher
- we have to be at it; today we had so many players who were off, we are just nowhere near where we were
- we'll put ourselves under pressure to do a lot better than that on Tuesday

Good to see Wellens acknowledges we were poor and didn’t deserve anything from the game. PV take note.......

I guess Wellens didn’t watch the match either....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 16:38:34 »

early promise is fading fast and I'm the positive one

TBF it's the getting overexcited which makes it worse, if you took the more measured view available on analysing the recruitment etc, it did seem we hadn't done enough to create a squad ready to have a proper go at auto, and that is increasingly how it is looking. 

However in Div 4 with PO down to 7th you can be pretty average and keep the season going...at the moment we're 5 off autos but 4 off 18th.  Tuesday night becomes crucial, but it's a Tuesday night, not easy, Then on to Ronnie O'Sullivan's favourite place... who have quietly reversed the Fatty Evans bogey, and become a mess for us.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 16:58:02 »

Disappointing result today. On current form, we look more likely to get to the play offs than top 3.
One concern for me is we seem unable to grind out / nick a point when we don’t play well, whereas top 3 sides generally seem to do that. I didn’t go today, but conceding in 90th and 94th minutes highlights that issue.
What happened to Rose - on post match on BBC Wilts (I live outside of Wiltshire so can’t get the commentary) they referred to us going down to 10 late on being a problem?
We need at least 4 and ideally 6 points from Stevenage and Crawley now.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 17:02:05 »

Just before 90 input on my coat and took the dogs out.....disaster...

Maybe another 4D style jinx?!

Stevenage is a must win to me.

Will predict end of November...but not looking nailed on top three at this stage.

Clems Army!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 17:12:43 »

Disappointing result today. On current form, we look more likely to get to the play offs than top 3.
One concern for me is we seem unable to grind out / nick a point when we don’t play well, whereas top 3 sides generally seem to do that. I didn’t go today, but conceding in 90th and 94th minutes highlights that issue.
What happened to Rose - on post match on BBC Wilts (I live outside of Wiltshire so can’t get the commentary) they referred to us going down to 10 late on being a problem?
We need at least 4 and ideally 6 points from Stevenage and Crawley now.

He was off the pitch after getting treatment. Play-offs? We need a big shake-up if we're not to disappear into mid- to lower-table. Lyden said that players weren't showing today, and that's something that has really changed since the start of the season. It took a lot of energy to move the ball about as much as we were back then, whereas currently, Isgrove and Anderson are complete passengers,  Yates has lost the ability to hold up the ball, Hunt's getting forward much less, Woolery's well, Woolery. The centre halves had good games defensively, but they don't launch attacks like Conroy could. Benda made some great saves, but he doesn't command his area and his distribution is very shaky. Too many players have gone off the boil at the same time - it's like a collective shrug.

Big task now for Wellens to reboot this side. He needs them to show some pride on Tuesday.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #232 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 17:43:14 »

PV take note.......
OK accepted, now accept that you are 100% negative with all things Swindon.

At the point they scored the 2nd I said we looked like we deserved a point. Don't twist my words and the context it was put in at the time it happened, as you always do.

At no point after the 2nd goal did I say we deserved anything, show me if you find me posting that.

I love the utter negativity you show whenever we lose a game, nice one.

anyone that says we deserved a draw are having a laugh. we had zero ball retention and hardly any attempts. we COULD have got a draw based on the 1 shit 1 goal first half. that would mean stemming the flow and getting a grip 2nd half which we failed to do massively
Nobody, and I mean nobody at all has said that over the whole game we deserved anything.

At the point of their 2nd goal, if you bother to check the timing of the post then go ahead, I said we deserved to be drawing based upon on how we were had been playing up to that point in the 2nd half, which was far better than the first half showing.

After the 2nd goal went in there was only one winner, thats blatant.

I do think that some of our fans absolutely love us to be crap and love posting negative things especially when we lose, they know who they are.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 17:46:49 »

I'll be negative. I didn't realise over the last 6 we are the league worst team.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #234 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 17:53:15 »

We had far too many passengers today as I said earlier, Isgrove, Anderson, Yates, Doyle was not at his best, thats basically all of our attacking threat in 1.

Woolrey ran around and trued but was lacking again, DJ looked like he wanted to play and had a few nice touches, Baudry and Zakuani looked fairly decent.

Grant was excellent again as always, Hunt and Donohue both had poor games and Lyden went missing a lot in a more advanced position which didn't seem to suit him.

Benda made 2 good saves but not so well on occassions too, his handling and claiming of crosses is suspect and his distribution at times poor but over all he looked fairly solid.

To me it looks like a confidence problem as when we scored our backs were up and we fought for everything, when their first went in we rallied around and played some good football then when the 2nd went in our heads dropped and we crumbled, easily conceding the 3rd with little challenge from our players.

No its not good enough, of course its not, we no longer have that swagger when we pass the ball around in the way we did at the start of the season, I think the injury to Conroy has affected the players more than Wellens likes to admit.

Its time for a changes in the starting line up for Tuesday because this one isn't working very well.

Doughty and DJ must be chomping at the bit for a start so let them, change the formation a bit, Lyden is out anyway so bring in a more attacking player and just play with Grant as defensive midfielder but with 2 attacking options along side.

Yates looks like he needs a rest too its just not been clicking for him the last few games.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #235 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 17:53:37 »

I'll be negative. I didn't realise over the last 6 we are the league worst team.
That doesnt surprise me at all. But you dont JUST post negative stuff, you praise too when its deserved.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 17:58:45 »

I thought Zakuani and Grant were excellent today.

I think the biggest problem is we can't get control of the midfield when being pressed, meaning our attacking players look useless as they don't get the ball.

it improved in the second half, but we were quite a way off Crewe overall
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 18:05:20 »

OK accepted, now accept that you are 100% negative with all things Swindon.

At the point they scored the 2nd I said we looked like we deserved a point. Don't twist my words and the context it was put in at the time it happened, as you always do.

At no point after the 2nd goal did I say we deserved anything, show me if you find me posting that.

I love the utter negativity you show whenever we lose a game, nice one.
Nobody, and I mean nobody at all has said that over the whole game we deserved anything.

At the point of their 2nd goal, if you bother to check the timing of the post then go ahead, I said we deserved to be drawing based upon on how we were had been playing up to that point in the 2nd half, which was far better than the first half showing.

After the 2nd goal went in there was only one winner, thats blatant.

I do think that some of our fans absolutely love us to be crap and love posting negative things especially when we lose, they know who they are.

So Crewe scored their second goal in the 90th minute.  So are you saying that up to the 89th minute Swindon deserved a draw but then Crewe scored in the 90th minute so they then deserved to win ?

If the game would have ended 1-1 then from a personal perspective  (which is in akin to most most other people on this forum who witnessed the game) would admit that Crewe were much the better side and Swindon got away with nabbing a point.

This just further demonstrates your bias and lack of objectivity.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #238 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 18:08:32 »

The irony has bypassed you with that comment.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 18:08:45 »

So Crewe scored their second goal in the 90th minute.  So are you saying that up to the 89th minute Swindon deserved a draw but then Crewe scored in the 90th minute so they then deserved to win ?

If the game would have ended 1-1 then from a personal perspective  (which is in akin to most most other people on this forum who witnessed the game) would admit that Crewe were much the better side and Swindon got away with nabbing a point.

I’m sure PV means the second goal, which was scored on the hour. Not their second goal, that would just be insane.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: