Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30200 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 09:40:58 »

So we travel to table topping crewe this Saturday. They have lost 2 home games this season against Plymouth and Cambridge.
I think we'll sneak this.

2-1 to town. Att: 5,423 (away 755)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 10:20:37 »

Crewe are a bit of a surprise package this season, they always try to play football - as opposed to teams like Newport - should be a good game.  Happy to take a point
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 10:25:29 »

I am going to this one, second game in a row! Not particularly confident against a side that is flying at the moment and playing some great football. Thinking 1-3.

I'm planning to get to Crewe at 1.10 and probably going to go to the Corner Bar, which is 50 yards from the Train Station apparently. This is on the back of feedback from a Northampton fan and a Crewe fan as below -

Cobbler "We spent most of our time in ’The Corner Bar’ you see it as you leave the station. If you want a £2 something pint and the football on that’ll do. Can see the ground from the bar and there’s an offy and a chippy nearby."

Crewe "if you don't want to stray too far from the ground - Corner Bar, Cheshire Inn, Brunswick and Express are your best bets. Personally recommend the Brunny out of all of them but it can get busy.

Some better pubs further afield from the ground including my local, The Imp. Excellent and affordable prices at all although I recommend you don't buy a £4.50 pint of Heineken at the Corner Bar."

Hoping to catch a glimpse of the lesser spotted Wobbly Bob on Saturday!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 10:52:47 »

We’ll lose because we aren’t actually *that* good

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 11:40:04 »

Crewe are a bit of a surprise package this season, they always try to play football - as opposed to teams like Newport - should be a good game.  Happy to take a point

Back in the close season, by way of debate Rob T pointed out that Wellens had got somethiing like 42 points in his part season which was pretty good and should mean we'll go on to promotion this season.

I pointed out there were others with these sort of numbers, not just the likes of Franchise and Tranny who went up.  I posed the question shouldn't therefore Crewe and Cheltenham be considered as contenders  Hmmm

Both have done well so far.... however Stevenage also in the frame have stumbled badly, so perhaps not a completely reliable guide.

You'd like to think Olly Lancashire will get a game, so far he's been in and out, som egood results and bad.... Saturday he was out and they had a good result  Sad
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 13:20:51 »

Another tough one to predict - as last week it depends to some extent on which players are fit / recovered enough to play. Again taking a season long view, a point would be a good result, and I think we can do that - another score draw, possibly 2-2 as both sides have goals in them.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 13:32:59 »

My first away game of the season.  I can't help thinking that Crewe will end up with the 3 points.

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 13:44:16 »

Back in the close season, by way of debate Rob T pointed out that Wellens had got somethiing like 42 points in his part season which was pretty good and should mean we'll go on to promotion this season.

I pointed out there were others with these sort of numbers, not just the likes of Franchise and Tranny who went up.  I posed the question shouldn't therefore Crewe and Cheltenham be considered as contenders  Hmmm

Both have done well so far.... however Stevenage also in the frame have stumbled badly, so perhaps not a completely reliable guide.

You'd like to think Olly Lancashire will get a game, so far he's been in and out, som egood results and bad.... Saturday he was out and they had a good result  Sad

Crewe fans have held their hands up and said Lancashire is basically useless.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 13:46:43 »

Town have 1 defeat in the last 5 games up at Gresty Road, that defeat came last season with a 1-0 loss in a poor midweek game. A single goal scored by the diminutive young left winger Kirk who ran Woolfenden ragged all game.

Crewe always like to keep the ball down and play football, something few teams have tried to do against us lately.

They have started this season really well sitting in 1st place in the table after the first 13 games, winning 8 of them and losing just 3 times, home to Cambridge 3-2, home to Plymouth 3-0 and away at Newport 1-0. They did also suffer a 6-1 home defeat in Spetember by Aston Villa in the LC and home to Burton in the FLT, so 4 of their 5 defeats in all competitions has come at home so far.

They have only lost 1 less than Town so far but have scored 3 more goals than us(23) and conceded the same amount(16) and have only won 1 of their last 3 games in the league.

Their leading scorers so far is the very experienced 35 year old target man Chris Porter with 6, the tiny midfielder Tommy Lowery with 4 and the tricky winger Chris Kirk with 3 and 4 assists.

They have ex Town captain on their books Olly Lancashire, a man who fans never really took to at Swindon for his percieved lack of effort and ability, something Crewe fans have also been bemoaning this season, a man described as woefully slow by several Crewe fans on their forum, who has been at fault for a few goals so far this season most notably vs Villa and Cambridge.

Swindon have former Crewe captain Anthony Grant as our only link with the Alex on our playing staff.

Anderson is definately missing tomorrow but DJ is expected to be fit enough for a place on the bench.

I expect Town to line up as:-

Benda
Hunt, Baudry, Zakuani, Donohue
Lyden, Grant, Doughty, Isgrove
        Doyle, Yates

Subs: McCormick, Broadbent, Iandolo, Reid, Rose, Jaiysemi(May), Woolery

2-1 defeat with Yates scoring in front of 4,571 with 585 Town fans there.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 13:48:42 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 13:47:05 »

Crewe fans have held their hands up and said Lancashire is basically useless.
As my post above agrees!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 13:47:40 »

Will take a point.

My waters tell me that we'll take 3.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 17:02:02 »

I quite like going to Crewe. The stand opposite the away fans always surprises me. It looks massive, but probably isn't judging by the capacity.

That 1-0 defeat was right up there with the worst games i've ever seen. Cant be that bad this time. 2-1 win.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 18:01:33 »

I quite like going to Crewe.

I was at Gresty Road the first time we played a league game v Crewe.... it was I think an Easter game, and probably for that reason there were a lot of Stoke fans there.... the terracing seemed to be a mixture of railway sleepers rammed with ballast, which served as ammunition. Town winning didn't improve the mood of the locals and their chums, so the trip back to the station proved distinctly hazardous, if reasonably short.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 19:17:02 »

We’ll lose because we aren’t actually *that* good

Is anyone in League Two?

Got a feeling we'll win, based on nothing really.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 17, 2019, 23:04:21 »

Did the midweeker last year...a game that was there for the taking. Anderson was dogshit so I'm hoping it's a cursed ground for him and deserves a rest.

We will get a Result this time I tell ee!

Clems Army!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: