Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Plymouth pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35072 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 16:23:43 »

Lucky to get a point, too many players out of form and lacking in confidence.  Neither side impressed me but Plymouth the better of two average teams.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #226 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 16:24:14 »

Did McCormick really do anything ‘wrong’ to be dropped? Is Benda any better? Genuine question.
I personally don't think LMc did anything much wrong, many on here seem to disagree, Benda looked poor on Tuesday but today looked on a par with LMc but I would not say he was better.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 16:37:43 »

2nd best for most of the game. Very unconvincing performance again. We look very average.

The summer recruitment never really looked like a serious try at auto... and now we're having a bit of a regroup by plundering the out of work pool. Not a bad tactic, and we are better off that last season when we were proper average, but have now dropped behind Flitcroft's side at same stage.

Today's outcome is OK, when on a slide you need to get back to fundamentals, and not losing was important.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 16:43:53 »

The bus is rammed and someone has dropped their guts  Sad
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 17:00:35 »

I'll take that, think we shaded the first half and we're just about worth the lead but as Wellens said, we were tired second half and did well to withstand their pressure. A few weeks of playing that XI and we'll be back on form. No problemo.

Impressed with Donohue as well, he looks and moves like Gladwin but can actually play LB. Decent looking acquisition.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 17:38:22 »

got a message from a relative in Canada mid match "look whose on TV, run on the pitch so we can see you"... Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 17:51:08 »

Impressed with Donohue as well, he looks and moves like Gladwin but can actually play LB.

I thought exactly the same thing. Carries himself just like Gladwin. Just needs some match sharpness, he misplaced a few passes today.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 18:12:53 »

I'll take that, think we shaded the first half and we're just about worth the lead but as Wellens said, we were tired second half and did well to withstand their pressure. A few weeks of playing that XI and we'll be back on form. No problemo.

Impressed with Donohue as well, he looks and moves like Gladwin but can actually play LB. Decent looking acquisition.

Sent from my CLT-L09

If you keep that starting XI, what will you do with Caddis?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 18:18:26 »

The bus is rammed and someone has dropped their guts  Sad
Thought Flash was away.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 18:44:27 »

If you keep that starting XI, what will you do with Caddis?
I'd start off by bringing him on instead of Woolery

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 19:01:55 »

Hate to say this,  but this time I'm going to let my head rule my heart, Can't see us getting anything out of this,   but would be more than happy to be proved wrong.
Just got in,  happy to be proved wrong but a game that could have gone either way.   We certainly tired towards the end,  good stop by Benda in the 93rd minute. A second goal in the first half would probably have been the clincher but the  muff probably feel it was also there for the taking.  Not going to be easy next Saturday, fitness definitely needs to improve if we're going to be there at the end of the season.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 19:12:46 »

I would regard that as a good point. Plymouth are a decent physical side who had a big away following and the momentum after spanking us earlier this week. I expect they will do okay this year. It was good to stop the run of defeats and there are lots of positives, particularly with the new boys doing well; Benda had a few good saves, Zakuani looked solid as did the new LB. It was a niggly encounter and we could have easily crumbled under the pressure after conceding. Lots of players were getting stuck in; Lyden taking a shot to the balls being a good example. Hopefully the belief is back and we can start to string some consecutive results and performances together.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 21:16:33 »

Good atmosphere today. Plymouth are a half decent side. Shame we haven’t been able to beat any of the few half decent sides yet this season.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 23:02:45 by sir windon » Logged
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 22:27:33 »

Was my first match of the season today. Not overly impressed but we worked hard to get that point. Felt throughout the game that Plymouth had the edge - seemed to find it a bit easier to create something clear cut, although they struggled to finish it off on a few occasions.

I was surprised at the lack of ball on the floor we played with. Way too much hoofing especially when you don't have a proper target man up top.

Doughty is not a left-winger. Anderson didn't really offer anything. Same for Woolery when he came on - didn't look to have any understanding with Yates or Doyle.

On the plus side, I thought we looked fairly solid at the back. All of the back four did a job. Grant is a great signing and Lyden has a touch of glass but I wonder if Doughty could offer us a bit more threat going forward from central midfield.
Flashheart

« Reply #239 on: Saturday, October 12, 2019, 22:53:57 »

Anderson didn't really offer anything.

To be fair to him, he seemed to be nursing an injury through most of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: