Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Plymouth pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35075 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:48:58 »

This is the important one. Our home record is not very good, when we lose it seems to be by a few goals too. We need to address this, starting Saturday. Should be a good atmosphere, I'm kind of looking forward to it  Smiley

Swindon 0-2 Plymouth
Att: 9,534 (2,500 away)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 10:10:24 »

The good news is that the same overall result between 2 teams playing consecutive games against each other rarely happens. Draw.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 10:24:54 »

Play like we did on Tuesday and we will get spanked, play like we did early season and we will easily beat them, likely outcome a draw.

We are on a poor run after out excellent start and that run will end soon, I am sure.

I know a few Plymuff fans that really hate us, the older ones of my age who have not forgiven Swindon fans for the murder of Plymouth fan Mark Smith in November 1987 in Gladstone Street after the draw against them at the CG.

2-1 defeat with Doyle scoring in front of 8,755 with 2,425 Muffers there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 10:39:46 »

Feels like a big game - at some stage we need to have a statement performance against one of the other big clubs in this league.

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll happen this weekend. Score draw, 8820 with 2410 pasty munchers.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 14:41:22 »

In my role doing the Social Media stuff for "Trust STFC", we were contacted by a Plymouth Argyle forum called PASOTI, looking for someone to give the Swindon Town fans view ahead of Saturday's fixture. I responded to the eight questions and my responses are available on the following link:

https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=109301&sid=01af359a8794766ae3832b2fba78ec60

Note - I penned these responses before Tuesday night's game (which I didn't attend), but it feels like that result in the nothing cup has drained away a fair bit of enthusiasm? A positive performance/result needed on Saturday. COYR!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 15:04:11 »

Shame we've had a bit of a dip in form as otherwise it could've been a bumper crowd.

I predict our slump will be ongoing while we settle with all the injurie. Ryan Lowe's Bury were one of the best teams I saw at the CG last season but we did a number on them away. Hoping for an early peice of luck to get us ahead and settle the nerves a bit but predicting a defeat.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 15:19:14 »

Shame we've had a bit of a dip in form as otherwise it could've been a bumper crowd.

I predict our slump will be ongoing while we settle with all the injurie. Ryan Lowe's Bury were one of the best teams I saw at the CG last season but we did a number on them away. Hoping for an early peice of luck to get us ahead and settle the nerves a bit but predicting a defeat.

Bury did a number on us last season, TBF we were under Brown and not in a good run of form.

They played with 2 speedy wingers, thats something tried to do on Tuesday too, I do remember Bury players dropping like flies timewasting, not sure if that was a Bury thing or a Lowe thing?

Lowe teams do like to pass the ball around a bit.

Like you say, its a shame we couldn't have grabbed a point at Bradford and won on Tuesday then there would have been nearer 10k than 8k or 9k at most.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 15:20:48 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
PIGBOY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 17:51:28 »

This game will be shown world wide

* 1a.jpg (163.63 KB, 645x946 - viewed 367 times.)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 18:34:15 »

Oooh, I wonder if ESPN+ will have proper commentary and sound linked with the game, I knew I paid for it for a reason.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 18:56:40 »

1 - 0 win for the home team

Nothing to see here
PIGBOY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 21:25:46 »

i - 3 to the away team
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 08:47:23 »

i - 3 to the away team

Enough about BMW's, what do you think the score will be?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:17:37 »

Should be a good atmosphere tomorrow.
A jolly convoy of green clad Paul Whitehouse lookalikes heading up the motorway. Possibly not.
Looks as if they are going to get wet.

Speaking of which I remember a particularly turgid 1-1 on new years day in 1991.
On the bank and it chucked it down for the whole game.

Also remember the “2-0 and you fucked it up” game in 2003.
Now always cringe whenever that song gets an airing.
LMC first played against us nearly 17 years ago. Eek

Need to rediscover the early season form somehow.
Hopefully confidence will be restored tomorrow.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:21:08 »

I'm going. Draw 1-1. One penalty apiece.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:35:56 »

Should be a good atmosphere tomorrow.
A jolly convoy of green clad Paul Whitehouse lookalikes heading up the motorway. Possibly not.
Looks as if they are going to get wet.

Speaking of which I remember a particularly turgid 1-1 on new years day in 1991.
On the bank and it chucked it down for the whole game.

Also remember the “2-0 and you fucked it up” game in 2003.
Now always cringe whenever that song gets an airing.
LMC first played against us nearly 17 years ago. Eek

Need to rediscover the early season form somehow.
Hopefully confidence will be restored tomorrow.

There's been some good and memorable games v Argyle down the years....  one of my faves was at Home Park the week after we won the league cup.  The only time I can recall 2 football specials departing from the station, no segregation back then, so Town fans just waded into the Devonport End, which was a decent size terrace. The locals weren't too happy about it and so it got a bit mental.

Of course we then managed to lose, to 2 goals scored by a Mike Bickle, a Janner who had just moved from playing for St Austell part time while working as a milk man.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: