Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle Paint Pot Mickey Mouse Cup matchday thread  (Read 24865 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:03:51 »

Excuse me? I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't let that miserable unreconstructed bastard over the doorstep. At least, I don't think she would...

Well you've spent the last 2 hours slagging us off, so I can't see much difference.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:03:59 »

Do we have any games left in this abomination?

A meaningless trip to Bristol Rovers. Punishment fixture for those without a hope of a first team app and a few kids, plus four unlucky first-teamers. And let us read even less into that than this abomination.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:05:25 »

I'm struggling to find an apt comparison for Adam May, who is a complete waste of ink on the teamsheet. And he doesn't even take much of that. I've never yet seen even a hint of competence, let alone skill. Who's the right comparison? Someone said Harley, but at least he had some pedigree behind him, as did Nalis. Even Hewlett, Duke and Dunne worked hard. I'm really struggling to remember a player who has offered so little in midfield.

Pook or Gareth fucking Whalley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:06:04 »

I'll still go to Rovers (away). Relax and wonder what I'm doing with my life.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:08:02 »

Well you've spent the last 2 hours slagging us off, so I can't see much difference.

Ha ha. More witty repartee from the bard of Buckinghamshire. Let it go sweetie, you're just upset. Remember it's only the Mickey Mouse Cup.  Blow Kiss

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:08:44 »

Yep, good calls.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:10:30 »

Excuse me? I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't let that miserable unreconstructed bastard over the doorstep. At least, I don't think she would...

Smiley
--

Anywho, Wellens sounded brighter than I expected on the radio. Wasn't exactly complimetary about the performance, obviously. Iandolo dead leg and Curren is concussion.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:11:27 »

Yinka Casal. Should have stuck to running.

Never saw him in action, but I'll take your word for it.

Flashheart

« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:11:52 »

Most worrying for me was the complete lack of desire/ urgency and quality shown by the likes of Rose, Doughty and Woolery  - who are first team players.

I am genuinely glad that they showed no urgency --- because they are first-teamers. I think that they are first-teamers is rather the point. They need to be saved for games that really matter. I wonder if Iandolo made a mistake in putting in too much effort. (I didn't see what happened). I think/hope that Wellens is showing this competition the contempt that it deserves.

I'm more irritated that none of the fringe players stood up. Not that I bothered watching the game but that's the impression I get.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:18:10 »

I am genuinely glad that they showed no urgency --- because they are first-teamers. I think that they are first-teamers is rather the point. They need to be saved for games that really matter. I wonder if Iandolo made a mistake in putting in too much effort. (I didn't see what happened). I think/hope that Wellens is showing this competition the contempt that it deserves.

I'm more irritated that none of the fringe players stood up. Not that I bothered watching the game but that's the impression I get.

Agree. The players I wanted to look at were Benda, Curran, Reid, May and a bit of Twine. None looked even close to making a claim.

kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:28:25 »

The point is the fringe players clearly aren't good enough. It was therefore up to the likes of Rose, Doughty and Woolery to show leadership by setting the tempo and showing their quality - they did neither.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:34:43 »

Gareth Whalley is now a coach at Man City.
Michael Pook is only 33 (feels like he should be in his 40s at least!?)
Flashheart

« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:37:33 »

The point is the fringe players clearly aren't good enough. It was therefore up to the likes of Rose, Doughty and Woolery to show leadership by setting the tempo and showing their quality - they did neither.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 06:05:02 »

Quote from: StfcRusty
Michael Pook is only 33 (feels like he should be in his 40s at least!?)

genuinely surprising! 33, I thought he was my age..
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 07:48:28 »

genuinely surprising! 33, I thought he was my age..

He's not that old  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: