Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle Paint Pot Mickey Mouse Cup matchday thread  (Read 24993 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:29:45 »

If this is Doughtys attitude he won't be pressing for a starting slot on Saturday

I think similar was said in the last tinpot game.

I reckon he may have just been told to take it easy. Which is good, I hope the 1st teamers were told to take it easy as well. We might already have lost Iandolo for a while because of a competition we don't even want to be playing in. We should be able to play whomever the fuck we want.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:31:17 »

To be fair, Twine has looked as if he cares a bit. Making an effort, showing for passes, one two nice touches.
He has run around a lot but not found a killer pass or shot yet, put in a decent cross though.

I don't think Benda, Reid, Broadbent, Twine, May, Doughty or Rose deserve a starting slot for their quality/effort tonight. Nobody has said to Wellens "you have to pick me to start on Saturday" out of all the fringe players.

Uttely disappointing lack of effort and commitment from any of the players when they had a perfect chance to impress...which none of them has.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:32:36 »

I think similar was said in the last tinpot game.

I reckon he may have just been told to take it easy. Which is good, I hope the 1st teamers were told to take it easy as well. We might already have lost Iandolo for a while because of a competition we don't even want to be playing in. We should be able to play whomever the fuck we want.
There was no doubt that Wellens wanted us to win, he was about to bring on Yates when we conceded the 3rd, too little going forward and too little quality all round.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:33:36 »

Glad thats over with.

Flashheart

« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:41:29 »

There was no doubt that Wellens wanted us to win,

If he really wanted us to win mate you'd think he'd START with Yates, and the others who were left out.

Of course he would have liked us to win. Any manager would. But the starting team clearly showed he was not that fussed.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:41:58 »

Well that was awful. Sure, we can put it in perspective as a free hit, but you'd hope a few people felt they had something to prove, and that Wellensball actually meant something to the squad. Neither were in evidence this evening - worse, Iandolo suffered a knock that looked like it might put him out of the reckoning for Saturday, and a few - May, Reid, Benda, Broadbent - only showed that they absolutely can't be trusted with a first team place.

Really couldn't name a MoM for us. Woolery was awful, Isgrove was a pale imitation, Doyle was willing with zero service, Doughty, Twine and Isgrove showed the odd touch. Maybe Zakuani because he stuck to it among the chaos, but I'm clutching at straws.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:59:54 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:49:34 »

Hockaday said zakuani for mom for exactly the same reason.

Has anyone seen RF and Hock in the same room...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:53:15 »

I'm struggling to find an apt comparison for Adam May, who is a complete waste of ink on the teamsheet. And he doesn't even take much of that. I've never yet seen even a hint of competence, let alone skill. Who's the right comparison? Someone said Harley, but at least he had some pedigree behind him, as did Nalis. Even Hewlett, Duke and Dunne worked hard. I'm really struggling to remember a player who has offered so little in midfield.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:57:08 »

Do we have any games left in this abomination?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 20:58:28 »

Hockaday said zakuani for mom for exactly the same reason.

Has anyone seen RF and Hock in the same room...

Excuse me? I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't let that miserable unreconstructed bastard over the doorstep. At least, I don't think she would...

REDBUCK

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:00:17 »

Bristol Rovers, sometime next month
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:00:28 »

Most worrying for me was the complete lack of desire/ urgency and quality shown by the likes of Rose, Doughty and Woolery  - who are first team players. May and Reid are clearly not up to it and Isgrove has gone massively downhill very quickly.  A repeat performance on Saturday will cause real concern of the possibility of another mediocre season after much early promise. Baudry and Conroy are, as expected , proving to be substantial misses. I expect a substantial improvement on Saturday.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:01:37 »

I'm struggling to find an apt comparison for Adam May, who is a complete waste of ink on the teamsheet. And he doesn't even take much of that. I've never yet seen even a hint of competence, let alone skill. Who's the right comparison? Someone said Harley, but at least he had some pedigree behind him, as did Nalis. Even Hewlett, Duke and Dunne worked hard. I'm really struggling to remember a player who has offered so little in midfield.

Yinka Casal. Should have stuck to running.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:02:20 »

But the good news is we are out. So as above, just the 1
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 21:03:41 »

Anyone hear what the attendance was tonight ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: